What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on an overcast and blustery beginning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘Mrs Miggins visits the farm shop’ came in at 5.1 after a run up pork chop hill.

Afternoon tea is gaining popularity, even planet saving Americans who only have one plane and two helicopters left to drag their bodies to the shops are now into cucumber sandwiches and Earl Grey. In other news, Macron [allegedly] can put either of his feet right inside his mouth, somebody kicked a ball into a net and thunderstorms are forecast for Wednesday. Removal lorry arriving at the door of 21st June today to move it to somewhere in the back end of July. I blame the media for bigging it all up and removing the word ‘earliest’.

Still playing with this idea of brushing water onto paper, adding ink and letting it get on with it. This one with some idea of how I thought it may pan out. Have a Marvellous Monday. Koffy time.

View attachment 49987
You are regaining control of the water and ink, brilliant, because it often does as it pleases. Like your painting today a very pleasing display of flowers.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today. Smoked Salmon Salad and Strawberries and Cream for a meal Sunday evening must have had some bearing on the number.

A Muddy or more likely Dusty Cycle ride for me today to test my mechanical skills of yesterday.

Two musician friends coming for lunch Tuesday so off to Tesco this afternoon to gather ingredients.

Rest of the day will be what it will be. :)

Keep safe time rushes on be sure to keep up.

lindisfel

Expert
Doris delay day today?

Hi,
Locally, as in most areas the variant is ticking away nicely in the background. Now 27 per 100, 000 up from single figures in a couple of weeks here, soon we will back in the 100's.
I would like to think it will be better with four weeks delay, but I doubt it. By letting travel to and fro from India Doris made a play for a trade deal but I think he misjudged the risk?

I hope the promised quick retuning of vaccines for new variants promised this am come to fruition.

Another fine mess you've got us into Doris!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks - Scorchio yesterday and today in the Unexotic East. Swipey he say 5.00 - meh - @6,13 :woot: Summer, Scorchio, Sport, Shorts, Sockless and Salad - 6Ss pretty optimal for me - minus the S for Suffolk. Nothing wrong with Suffolk, this isn't the prettiest part - none of the pink cottages, but boy am I homesick for Cambs - all of 6 miles away. What a busy beaver @SlimLizzy. @geefull we have spent 7 years filling skips so I understand the problem but wonderful artwork as per. Your A1c should be a Bobby dazzler so chill. @Muddy Cyclist kudos for engineering skills - not remotely a gift I am blessed with or interested in. No 3 son is a whizz there. Hope you enjoyed Pork Chop Hill @dunelm - I can find no love for those. I can confirm the US has hundreds of planes and helicopters. Some Chutzpah to spend 6 years promising the earth, delivering a steaming, manifestly uneven pile of manure then blaming The Meedja and anyone but the culprit. Peculiarly English, early C20th Kool Aid that one . Slip, slap, slop, stay safe and hug if you don't like the heat.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and Mrs J who is compost mentist earlier than normal, nothing to do with me or me's.........honest gov' hehehehehe

A straight 5.0 on that meter of deception.

I am interested in what will happen today and will try and watch the government briefing, but am not interested in all the speculation that will accompany it. End of.
Now do I get the ladders out and clean off a rendered wall today before I paint it?
What do I break my night fast with, questions, questions, perhaps endless questions is the solution to the perpetual motion conundrum.

Lots of nice pictures and paintings, tremendous amount of work being carried out, one hopes it doesn't drain away through all those leeks hehehe.

After careful consideration me and me's have come to the conclusion that the most dangerous thing facing our nation is the diatribe delivered daily by the media, oh that and a lack of bacon sarnies.

Now I must depart and prod a sleeping dragon after I have posted the results of our home covid testing, thank you Mr Government for providing the home testing kits, twice a week whether I like it or not and at least I don't have to take my socks off.

What? Oh, both clear thanks.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday, day of rest. Ha! Have not finished Fridays jobs list, or Saturdays. Soon I promise myself I will have a day off.
This week, next week, sometime...
snap - I was going to take Sunday off and ended up doing admin, lesson plans and writing new exercise sherts. It is though really nice to be so up to date at the start of the week.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Off shortly to Norwich for classes. Enough food and drink packed to last me until my return home at 10pm tonight.

Will catch up with posts in my break this afternoon.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes loads of satisfaction. However 10 years ago I had 30 mountain bikes that I used to use for taking people out on rides and training, schools, m.o.d, police, fire service and mountain rescue. I maintained all of the bikes so have all the tools and well use to doing the job but without any real skill or interest so not a job I have not tackled before. These days I would rather pay a workshop than find myself cursing my way through the repair. :joyful:. This time needs must as workshops have such a long waiting list.

Still I agree there was something satisfying about doing it. :)

Drat..once again i step in it..:wideyed:

Please can you now put your FULL resume of skills, under your signature,
so next time i post i can check and remind myself you can do most EVERYTHING with aplomb...:D

:happy:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

so next time i post i can check and remind myself you can do most EVERYTHING with aplomb...:D

Those plombs are very good - you can do loads of things with them

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Huge amount of trust/faith in Science, technology and monitoring on here. I'm guilty of the last (mainly what Toledo Ohio produced) and sceptical of the first two. The Chris 23 football tragedy Saturday should give pause for thought IMHO. All elite athletes now wear tracking devices nearly all the time and undergo thorough medicals. Phenomenal amount of data held on them as multi-million investments. So how was the potential for that missed? Human error? Doesn't do anything for my confidence in S and T even in this life but I DO thank God for his recovery and the skill of the much maligned - here - medical profession. Just my point of view/take on that incident.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Chris 23 football tragedy Saturday should give pause for thought IMHO.

All elite athletes now wear tracking devices nearly all the time and undergo thorough medicals. Phenomenal amount of data held on them as multi-million investments. So how was the potential for that missed?

Human error? Doesn't do anything for my confidence in S and T even in this life but I DO thank God for his recovery and the skill of the much maligned - here - medical profession. Just my point of view/take on that incident.

Interesting thought.

The body is indeed a miracle, of engineering.

and as much as we can measure, rather err umm, immeasurably
there are still limits to our abilities

would think despite all that 'data' much of that would be % chances of XYZ happening, rather then it will happen at a set time.

wouldn't be too hard to think just one second of 'something' spasming, could derail the essential flow
particularly, as i'd imagine a young healthy athlete, who may have had some warning, moment earlier,
might just decide to try and 'run' it off,
rather then rest up and take stock..

and in such a setting , who could blame him.

But, yeah....
interesting thought.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting thought.

The body is indeed a miracle, of engineering.

and as much as we can measure, rather err umm, immeasurably
there are still limits to our abilities

would think despite all that 'data' much of that would be % chances of XYZ happening, rather then it will happen at a set time.

wouldn't be too hard to think just one second of 'something' spasming, could derail the essential flow
particularly, as i'd imagine a young healthy athlete, who may have had some warning, moment earlier,
might just decide to try and 'run' it off,
rather then rest up and take stock..

and in such a setting , who could blame him.

But, yeah....
interesting thought.
The alternative explanation sadly appeals to a large part of me. As with concussion damage in NFL, Rugby and Football plus all the abuse of young sports stars maybe this was known but money and honour not for him, the Danish FA or his clubs, were more important than a person's health?. Not sure how I shoehorn Reagan, Thatcher, Trump, H Wilson, Scargill, Corbyn, McCluskey, Diet Doctor and our Despicable Me, Me, Me PM into the causes but I'm working on that. Words fail me :bigtears:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

No apologise I really am an awful engineer, takes me ages, turns the Air blue, batters knuckles, cuts fingers and I always vow never to attempt it again until next time.

Please keep up the encouragement and praise, little about these days and the feel good factor is very uplifting. :)

Rather than list all my poor skills will this do? SEE SIGNATURE...:joyful:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No apologise I really am an awful engineer, takes me ages, turns the Air blue, batters knuckles, cuts fingers and I always vow never to attempt it again until next time.

Please keep up the encouragement and praise, little about these days and the feel good factor is very uplifting. :)

Rather than list all my poor skills will this do? SEE SIGNATURE...:joyful:
Look sunshine. You have been blessed with an inordinate array of gifts and talents. Please leave us - well me actually - with no discernible talent to curl up into the fetal position and weep like a baby.;)

Last edited: