What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I'm 6.4 the lowest so far but only had my test 2 days, im on low carb low fat calories deficient diet and it seems to be working.

I've got a terrible sweet tooth any ideas that wont send my blood sky rocketing ?? I'm craving chocolate and sweeties

May not work for you, right now.
And sugary things wasn't an issue I had before DX.

But I found Greek yoghurt, or double cream worked IF i added blueberries.

Ok on their own, and I used to grab a few for that sugary taste, but better with something imho.

Well done on the fbg, btw :)

I think to paraphrase Kate Moss , i believe.

"Nothing tastes as good
As low numbers feel."

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone from another day on the set of that Sean Connery film The Hill.
The wonder wheel of eggs, eggs and even more eggs, wi

This doesn’t look good: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...dIWANcnerXkdsRb3uox1NM8bB3ouKvc09KAF9eIJ-ctRg

View attachment 49954

One of his best films I think, after The Rock.
Yes I know hes THE best bond, but I'd still pick those two.

Nice if depressing link you posted, cheers
But reality

Hard one, but..
"Spaced jabs" v "overwhelming NHS"
Does seem to hint it was a bad idea.

Personally I think it was the right call at the time.

I wonder if a new lockdown, would be much different to now ?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
This morning I'm 6.4 the lowest so far but only had my test 2 days, im on low carb low fat calories deficient diet and it seems to be working.

I've got a terrible sweet tooth any ideas that wont send my blood sky rocketing ?? I'm craving chocolate and sweeties

Not sure if you have posted in our quiet corner of this massive app before, but welcome.
I gave you a hug because of your craving for the sweet stuFfestiniog, but the 6.4 deserves a winner.

Hand and foot note, isn't autocorrelation wonderful look what it did to the word stuff and also autocorrect

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Me and me's have been absent for a couple of days, no excuses will be given and no prisoners taken.
Blood sugars
Friday.....6.7
Saturday. ..6.1
Today Sunday.....5.2

This morning it was an up and out early on my motorcycle trialling routes down to Lasham Gliding club cafe for a good koffy and a vegan bacon sarnie, being 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15% neanderthal I can eat dead pig known as bacon.

This afternoon here in Tilehurst Towers will be spent keeping out of the emissions from our local, ( 93 million miles is local in galactic terms ) fusion reactor, catching up on plinky plonky practice, writing lists of things to do in the garden, avoiding the foot the ball, drinking copious amounts of koffy and water and finally keeping out of Mrs J's way.

Me and me's are looking forward to the government's pronouncement on the covid situation tomorrow.
Stay safe, stay well, stay apart and stay away from the doom mongering media.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from another day on the set of that Sean Connery film The Hill.
The wonder wheel of eggs, eggs and even more eggs, with a side order of eggs hatched a 4.6 this am

Park - 0730 - and even then it was like being in a plate warming oven. Back, and all the doors and windows opened wide and then koffy. Lots of heat of the day jobs to do - test out sun loungers, sit inside the summer house, refill bird feeders.

This doesn’t look good: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...dIWANcnerXkdsRb3uox1NM8bB3ouKvc09KAF9eIJ-ctRg

Experimenting again - this is water brushed onto paper - quite a lot - and then ink added and left to do it’s thing. Hope that everyone is well and drinking lots of water.

View attachment 49954
A lovely affect in your art today, lots of experimenting going on, I must make more effort.

On the Telegraph report, we are not out of the woods yet. :(

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Welcome. I'm with @jjraak Greek Yogurt full fat and Any Berries, Cream works just as well. Watch the calories though if you are also trying to loose weight.

I loved Chocolate but now I can't eat it because it's too sweet, I eat 90% cocoa chocolate and love it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My art isa Plein Air sketch I did on a bike ride this morning, coloured pencil of a waterfall on a mill stream. I have not caught the light as I wanted but there is enough information I think to produce the watercolour I have in mind.

Bike ride resulted in some major repairs as rear tire split, repaired on the trail with gaffer tape to stop tube bulging out, visit to bike shop and a new tire purchased. When home decided to put new wheels on which I had been putting off for a month or so, so lots of engineering Rear cassette removed and replaced, brake discs removed and replaced and then the gear indexing a job well done. :) Well chuffed as I'm a hopeless engineer.

Sketch of waterfall......
IMG_4906.JPG

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bike ride resulted in some major repairs as rear tire split, repaired on the trail with gaffer tape to stop tube bulging out, visit to bike shop and a new tire purchased. When home decided to put new wheels on which I had been putting off for a month or so, so lots of engineering Rear cassette removed and replaced, brake discs removed and replaced and then the gear indexing a job well done. :) Well chuffed as I'm a hopeless engineer.

View attachment 49975

A job I suppose you could have passed on to workshop, but I think there is something a little above "Rewarding" in doing a job, particularly one you perhaps haven't tackled before.

One more life skill learned...well done ✅

Reactions: dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
Hi @jjraak you may find this site interesting on chloresterol,
Citizen science and very good.
Just google it I cant seem to pick up the link

The Chloresterol Code
Derek

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.4 today

we've been working away at Mum's trying to get things ready for her visitors who arrive on Thursday (all being well), mr gee's cousin and her son.
It's amazing how much 'stuff' Mum had accumulated in her spare bedroom :hilarious:

Hopefully I'll get my HbA1c results tomorrow, they should be on the website by then, I can't get the complete breakdown until next Friday when I see the DN.

Off to read the posts I've missed now :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

art bit - a quick sunset

upload_2021-6-13_21-37-59.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A job I suppose you could have passed on to workshop, but I think there is something a little above "Rewarding" in doing a job, particularly one you perhaps haven't tackled before.

One more life skill learned...well done ✅
Yes loads of satisfaction. However 10 years ago I had 30 mountain bikes that I used to use for taking people out on rides and training, schools, m.o.d, police, fire service and mountain rescue. I maintained all of the bikes so have all the tools and well use to doing the job but without any real skill or interest so not a job I have not tackled before. These days I would rather pay a workshop than find myself cursing my way through the repair. :joyful:. This time needs must as workshops have such a long waiting list.

Still I agree there was something satisfying about doing it. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

we've been working away at Mum's trying to get things ready for her visitors who arrive on Thursday (all being well), mr gee's cousin and her son.
It's amazing how much 'stuff' Mum had accumulated in her spare bedroom :hilarious:

Hopefully I'll get my HbA1c results tomorrow, they should be on the website by then, I can't get the complete breakdown until next Friday when I see the DN.

art bit - a quick sunset

View attachment 49977
A nice rose light and distant hills in your 'quick sunset'

Not at all amazed at how much 'stuff' your mom accumulated you should see our loft and shed. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.05am FBG 5.6
Straight out into the garden, raking and levelling molehills. It's going to be hot today.
Errant seems fine, wanders off on his own, unusual, but hey, he is probably haunting the kitchen, wanting breakfast. I get a lot done in these early hours. Went shopping, I know it's Sunday, but was simply too tired to bother yesterday. Ofc I forgot most shops are shut, including Lidl, blast! Have to get those items later in the week. Still supermarket wasn't busy, which was nice and I got most things needed. MrSlim was raking when I got back so felt obliged to help - we finished the job. BUT MrSlim is going to mow again tomorrow. Stull it wont be anywhere near the last lot.
Spent some more time trying to work out crop rotation. Gave up and out a few seeds in pots. Then had anither go at the last vegetable bed. Leeks like triffids, some taller than me. One snakelike, reminded me of the grass snake hurriedly diving for cover this afternoon. Poor thing was sunbathing and I didn't see it until it moved. The hoglet was fine when I found it in the dark. Wasn't interested in cat biscuits any more, I donated it a large slug and watched the ensuing wrestling match with interest. If i had remembered the snake, might have felt obliged to relocate the hoglet. Still the prickles would probably make hoglet an uncomfortable meal.
Errant seemed fine, but his appetite has not recovered. Maybe it's the hot weather, he is eating about 20% less...should lose some more weight then. That would help. But tonight he seemed to struggle a bit getting up the stairs.
Me and my Triffid
20210613_204136.jpg

Is it a snake or a leek?
20210613_204254.jpg

Errant enjoying some evening sun
20210612_205422.jpg

Edited to add:
Sunday, day of rest. Ha! Have not finished Fridays jobs list, or Saturdays. Soon I promise myself I will have a day off.
This week, next week, sometime...

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My art isa Plein Air sketch I did on a bike ride this morning, coloured pencil of a waterfall on a mill stream. I have not caught the light as I wanted but there is enough information I think to produce the watercolour I have in mind.

View attachment 49975
Job well done on the bike. Smashing Plein Air sketch - looking forward to seeing how the watercolour turns out

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

art bit - a quick sunset

View attachment 49977
Nice scattered light in you quick sunset, bouncing off the water.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.05am FBG 5.6
Straight out into the garden, raking and levelling molehills. It's going to be hot today.
Errant seems fine, wanders off on his own, unusual, but hey, he is probably haunting the kitchen, wanting breakfast. I get a lot done in these early hours. Went shopping, I know it's Sunday, but was simply too tired to bother yesterday. Ofc I forgot most shops are shut, including Lidl, blast! Have to get those items later in the week. Still supermarket wasn't busy, which was nice and I got most things needed. MrSlim was raking when I got back so felt obliged to help - we finished the job. BUT MrSlim is going to mow again tomorrow. Stull it wont be anywhere near the last lot.
Spent some more time trying to work out crop rotation. Gave up and out a few seeds in pots. Then had anither go at the last vegetable bed. Leeks like triffids, some taller than me. One snakelike, reminded me of the grass snake hurriedly diving for cover this afternoon. Poor thing was sunbathing and I didn't see it until it moved. The hoglet was fine when I found it in the dark. Wasn't interested in cat biscuits any more, I donated it a large slug and watched the ensuing wrestling match with interest. If i had remembered the snake, might have felt obliged to relocate the hoglet. Still the prickles would probably make hoglet an uncomfortable meal.
Errant seemed fine, but his appetite has not recovered. Maybe it's the hot weather, he is eating about 20% less...should lose some more weight then. That would help. But tonight he seemed to struggle a bit getting up the stairs.
Me and my Triffid View attachment 49984
Is it a snake or a leek?
View attachment 49985
Errant enjoying some evening sun
View attachment 49986

Edited to add:
Sunday, day of rest. Ha! Have not finished Fridays jobs list, or Saturdays. Soon I promise myself I will have a day off.
This week, next week, sometime...
A fine triffid but now I need to go and lie down for an hour after reading about all that work.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on an overcast and blustery beginning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘Mrs Miggins visits the farm shop’ came in at 5.1 after a run up pork chop hill.

Afternoon tea is gaining popularity, even planet saving Americans who only have one plane and two helicopters left to drag their bodies to the shops are now into cucumber sandwiches and Earl Grey. In other news, Macron [allegedly] can put either of his feet right inside his mouth, somebody kicked a ball into a net and thunderstorms are forecast for Wednesday. Removal lorry arriving at the door of 21st June today to move it to somewhere in the back end of July. I blame the media for bigging it all up and removing the word ‘earliest’.

Still playing with this idea of brushing water onto paper, adding ink and letting it get on with it. This one with some idea of how I thought it may pan out. Have a Marvellous Monday. Koffy time.

upload_2021-6-14_7-12-27.jpeg