What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 yesterday and 4.7 today

This heat is not good for having a good sleep is it? but how fortunate I feel to be at a relatively 'normal' 20 - 22'C here yesterday with the same projected for today. There are so many visitors, mostly on the beach in the fresh air though :) all the car parks are full.

Hope your day is treating you fairly kindly :)

@lindisfel - hugs and a hope things resolve well

@jjraak - keeping my fingers crossed for you all :)

@JohnEGreen - perhaps they are using the NHS registration records to estimate vaccination numbers?

@gennepher - hugs for the stress, I haven't seen any of that up here yet either, plus a winner for the Popeye stories :) hope you can keep Popeye comfy today

@dunelm - what a lovely airy piece of art yesterday, lofty and quiet :joyful: and I like your dragonflies, you always manage your composition so well :)

MiL and FiL had a nubian cross goat once about 35 years ago, she was very affectionate, was called 'Heather' and tended to knock you down because she was always so pleased to see you (in retrospect I think they would have been better with two to keep each other company :sorry:)
Heather had to be found a good new home with someone who had a herd because FiL said it was getting too expensive to feed her (she kept eating his socks off the washing line :hilarious:)

think this was from a photo on the internet
upload_2021-7-20_9-43-11.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9
I overate yesterday...a bit...

His Lordship, at his spa day with oscillating fan and aromatherapy mister.
But as I went to find the cucumber slices for his Lordship's eyes, I spotted an intruder in my bedroom...stealing...
It was Popeye's girlfriend Merryweather.
She is a cheeky madam...

A8096537-9631-4464-8FA6-C32A7580AAFF.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another ready, steady cook morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of let’s not bother cooking anything again, far too hot, came in at 5.7 this am - too many olives?

Yesterday and all of a sudden, nothing happend. So much for that then although in the cities, those crazy urbanites were reported to be partying from dusk until yet another dusk, spreading the love, and other stuff.
We have taken to carrying the table and chairs over to the south side of the garden in the morning - where the shade lingers until well into the afternoon, and then back to where it usually sits, just outside the house at about 3. We don’t need to take the parasol but the table looks sad without it. The figs are fattening up and, like the apples, we seem to be having a bumper harvest. Cherries have all gone to the birds, we don’t mind.
A small frog appeared the other day. Mrs Miggins spotted it and pointed it out but it didn’t really look like Emanuel Macron.

Art bit - dragon flies in the park. Have a great day, it might be bin day tomorrow but for now, time for koffy.

View attachment 50512
Beautiful dragonflies!
I love them @dunelm

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@JohnEGreen - perhaps they are using the NHS registration records to estimate vaccination numbers?
Thing is they know how many have been vaccinated but as it stands they do not know what the total number of people in the country is this can only be gleaned from census results so any estimate of the % of the population vaccinated is at best a guess

Edited to Add

"
The NHS Patient Register provides a broad source within England and Wales that covers a large proportion of the population, with a good degree of accuracy for statistical purposes. The source provides demographic type data; no medical data are provided from this source.

The NHS Patient Register is used directly, and indirectly, in the production of a range of our high-profile statistics relating to population and migration estimation.

The Patient Register has a number of issues when used for statistical purposes. The source has a number of both under- and over-coverage issues (when compared with the target statistical population) and time lags in the data. The source has limited audit and there is potential for distortive effects because of its role in General Practitioner (GP) finance. The effect of these issues will vary by geography, age and sex, the main variables in demographic statistics.

Measures are in place to take account of the statistical quality issues through statistical production methods and the use of complementary data sources.

As a broad coverage source the NHS Patient Register provides an important source of data that is essential to the production of population statistics, with a high degree of accuracy. The Register is supplemented by complementary data and methods in order to produce quality statistical outputs."

"

The NHS Patient Register provides a broad source within England and Wales that covers a large proportion of the population, with a good degree of accuracy for statistical purposes. The source provides demographic type data; no medical data are provided from this source.

The NHS Patient Register is used directly, and indirectly, in the production of a range of our high-profile statistics relating to population and migration estimation.

The Patient Register has a number of issues when used for statistical purposes. The source has a number of both under- and over-coverage issues (when compared with the target statistical population) and time lags in the data. The source has limited audit and there is potential for distortive effects because of its role in General Practitioner (GP) finance. The effect of these issues will vary by geography, age and sex, the main variables in demographic statistics.

Measures are in place to take account of the statistical quality issues through statistical production methods and the use of complementary data sources.

As a broad coverage source the NHS Patient Register provides an important source of data that is essential to the production of population statistics, with a high degree of accuracy. The Register is supplemented by complementary data and methods in order to produce quality statistical outputs.

The NHS Patient Register is a record of all persons registered with a General Practitioner (GP) in England and Wales. The NHS Patient Register was used to maintain an accurate list of all persons registered with a GP, allowing the timely transfer of medical records and correct payments to doctors. It contains a list of everyone who is, or ever has been, registered with a GP in England and Wales since the NHS was founded in July 1948.

The NHS Patient Register extract provided to us currently contains approximately 58 million records, extracted from 87 separate National Health Applications and Infrastructure Services (NHAIS) sites; 82 of which are in England and 5 of which are in Wales. Every NHAIS site holds a register of the patients registered with GPs within their area of responsibility."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...strativedatausedinpopulationstatisticsdec2016

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
GOVT website to check your car, @gennepher
https://check-vehicle-compatibility-e10-petrol.service.gov.uk/manufacturer

and a brief explainer as to what & why
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/e10-petrol-explained

a biggish deal for bikes as there are a lot of older ones used and ridden,
probably similar with cars, there will be enthusiast of many marques checking into this

Most cars 2000+ should be fine as @JohnEGreen , but if in doubt it seems go for the super 97%

or this
https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol
Thanks @jjraak
I will check the whole lot out.
I just checked the Esso link, because it was an Esso garage I used yesterday. And it was synergy supreme I put in. I figured if I put the high price one in, it would be fine for the car, even though it was not fine on my pocket. I think it said E5 on the pump, and I should have taken a photo so I could look it up after, but my brain was fried with the heat.
I'll check the other links while I lie comatose on my bed today...
This is going to cause problems for vintage cars and motorbikes, and traction rallies/festivals which I used to go to pre Covid.
Hope you survive the heat...

lindisfel

Expert

This heat is not good for having a good sleep is it? but how fortunate I feel to be at a relatively 'normal' 20 - 22'C here yesterday with the same projected for today. There are so many visitors, mostly on the beach in the fresh air though :) all the car parks are full.

@gennepher - hugs for the stress, I haven't seen any of that up here yet either, plus a winner for the Popeye stories :) hope you can keep Popeye comfy today

@dunelm - what a lovely airy piece of art yesterday, lofty and quiet :joyful: and I like your dragonflies, you always manage your composition so well :)

MiL and FiL had a nubian cross goat once about 35 years ago, she was very affectionate, was called 'Heather' and tended to knock you down because she was always so pleased to see you (in retrospect I think they would have been better with two to keep each other company :sorry:)
Heather had to be found a good new home with someone who had a herd because FiL said it was getting too expensive to feed her (she kept eating his socks off the washing line :hilarious:)

View attachment 50515
Happy days and memories of crossing tidal streams with ones shoes and socks off following the children.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 50515
Beautiful sand and sea @geefull
I could do with being there today....

Thanks for the Popeye stories compliments :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful artwork @geefull (coast scape?) Thanks for tech related hugs - I also need - (King Lear, oh reason not the need) a new mobile. Mine has a huge data rollover apparently - no idea how I would use data on a phone. really. I have used some on the tablet when away from the house - watch sport in the car if Julie driving? The :arghh: emoji in my last post was for A***e - probably not the work of Satan but akin to me wearing an A*****l top. Visceral dislike of all their products and works.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 50515
Thank you @geefull and glad to see your art again today - lovely scene, favourite location to children of all ages - jumping in and out of the cold water and walking against the flow. Goats are so funny - loads of personality and can be very stubborn.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9
I overate yesterday...a bit...

His Lordship, at his spa day with oscillating fan and aromatherapy mister.
But as I went to find the cucumber slices for his Lordship's eyes, I spotted an intruder in my bedroom...stealing...
It was Popeye's girlfriend Merryweather.
She is a cheeky madam...

View attachment 50516
Fabulous spa day two for one with girlfriend. Smashing collage

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful artwork @geefull (coast scape?) Thanks for tech related hugs - I also need - (King Lear, oh reason not the need) a new mobile. Mine has a huge data rollover apparently - no idea how I would use data on a phone. really. I have used some on the tablet when away from the house - watch sport in the car if Julie driving? The :arghh: emoji in my last post was for A***e - probably not the work of Satan but akin to me wearing an A*****l top. Visceral dislike of all their products and works.
So will the mobile phone have any words to describe how much it loves you?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 6.3
Today i need to find a tree surgeon urgently.
Preferably one with some english, so that I can explain clearly our problem.
The huge walnut tree is suddenly leaning towards the house.
Am hoping to get a better one, now I know where it lurks in the afternoon.
The day after this post, the local equivalent of the council came and strimmed. I heard them coming and the snake was nowhere in sight so probably safe, but MrSlim has also been working in that area, taking down rotten fence posts and derelict chain link fence. The snake has not been seen since.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, was busy this morening and up to a few minutes ago.

A 6.5 this morning, heat stress and more likely cheese.

Here in Tilehurst Towers we are suffering the effects the heat, but not so long ago the temperature was in the under 10's.

I am beging to formulate a theory as what is going on covid wise, it needs more clarity of thought and time.

Off the subject, but another slightly contentious thought. If I was the director general of the BBC I would be very worried about the Laura Cummings and Dominic Koonsburgh programmes, Bumbling Boris the Beast is far from stupid and has earnt the Beast bit, just ask approximately 80 ex tory MP's.

The BBC's charter states the corporation should be impartial.

Stay cool tonight folks and make the most of night clubs.
No apologies from me and me's for my thoughts.