What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen from a sunny Tilehurst Towers.

A 7.7 on the meter this morning, I shall not be blaming the meter today.

I had my third jab yesterday afternoon and was told I will also be getting the booster jab in a few months. So four jabs. This is because I am immuno suppressed, it is also rather worrying as it means I shall never be able to go back life before covid. Drat, double drat, but at least I am alive and can live to cause mayhem, chaos and confusion, simple pleasures in life.
Stay safe all.
Hugs for you @alf_Josiah
Carry on with the the chaos, mayhem, and confusifications.
There has got to be some fun somewhere in this life.
A special hug for you Alf x

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No FBG
Errant choked on his dinner last night and barely ate anything this morning.
Doing eardrops and forcing pills down him feels like cruelty.
His ears are hot so I suspect he is running a temperature again despite the antibiotics.
He wants to be left alone in his bed.
I can't concentrate on altering curtains.
Hugs for you and Errant - I hope the boy picks up with the medication

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a lovely walk around Blickling Hall. It was sunny and not too cold. I always feel so relaxed after our Sunday walks in the countryside.
That is good news indeed and of course we're all delighted for you but we really must know if there was a suitable sausage roll? We need the important detail please:angelic:.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 for me today (I will take that after some chips last night - naughty!) - I start another new job tomorrow so there must be some stress in it too!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 for me today (I will take that after some chips last night - naughty!) - I start another new job tomorrow so there must be some stress in it too!
Best wishes for the new job and I sincerely hope you really enjoyed the chips and continue to do so from time to time. Please eat responsibly - eat in (with the windows open) to help out:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is good news indeed and of course we're all delighted for you but we really must know if there was a suitable sausage roll? We need the important detail please:angelic:.
There was definitely a suitable sausage roll for Mr K. He says that the sausage rolls at Blickling are the best out of all the National Trust sausage rolls.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

It is strange how much time I have to myself now Popeye has gone.

I need to do something about people at the door who knock. Useless to me. My doorbell flashes but no use if it is not rung, despite notice at door. People never look now. I need one or two sensors pointed at the driveway, with a link to a flashing light (somehow), to alert me someone is approaching. Or a sensor at the 3 windows where they knock. It is no good the alert going to the phone because I need a vibrate alert (not sound), and I am not holding my phone all the time. I need a flashing LED or strobe light that is portable and I can have it where I am in the bungalow. I did rig up a rainbow flashing light for when someone knocked a few years ago, but Popeye knocked it off the shelf and it broke :(

I can't even remember how I did it now. It wasn't a pre-made unit. I cobbled it up from cheap Chinese units...

The custom made stuff for deaf people are all dependent on doorbell being rung, and go into the hundreds for a complete unit. I don't (can't afford anyway) want that.

Back to the drawing board on that...

No creative yet. I will look at Popeyes's drawings and paintings I've done later in the day.

Have a good day.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me happy monday everyone
FB_IMG_1633975184696.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Early dog walk then into our market town for the dog's wash and brush up. Half term so I am really looking forward to wandering around the shops then a coffee before picking them up again.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

It is strange how much time I have to myself now Popeye has gone.

I need to do something about people at the door who knock. Useless to me. My doorbell flashes but no use if it is not rung, despite notice at door. People never look now. I need one or two sensors pointed at the driveway, with a link to a flashing light (somehow), to alert me someone is approaching. Or a sensor at the 3 windows where they knock. It is no good the alert going to the phone because I need a vibrate alert (not sound), and I am not holding my phone all the time. I need a flashing LED or strobe light that is portable and I can have it where I am in the bungalow. I did rig up a rainbow flashing light for when someone knocked a few years ago, but Popeye knocked it off the shelf and it broke :(

I can't even remember how I did it now. It wasn't a pre-made unit. I cobbled it up from cheap Chinese units...

The custom made stuff for deaf people are all dependent on doorbell being rung, and go into the hundreds for a complete unit. I don't (can't afford anyway) want that.

Back to the drawing board on that...

No creative yet. I will look at Popeyes's drawings and paintings I've done later in the day.

Have a good day.
@gennepher it is also strange how quiet the house is when they are no longer with us - even though they hardly made any noise when they were here.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fine looking branch sir. Is that a deep comment on something in the family tree being slightly prickly or maybe I just shouldn't seek meaning in art. Staying out late and reuniting with friends and colleagues seems to be good for you. Maybe that 60's band The Intangibles play a huge part in bg control? But we knew that already, didn't we boys and girls.
Thank you - I try not to find meaning in art - these critics always seem to misinterpret that artist who is probably just having a bit of fun. It was a grand event, that’s for sure.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone, it’s a fine looking start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel Heck sausages, eggs and pickles came in at 5.8 this am

Moving day for our daughter and family so the girl in the bubble stayed over last night. Poor thing has a runny nose and a cough. I suggested a rum toddy followed by goose fat rubbed onto her chest but Mrs Miggins went for Calpol. So, it’s probably a morning of feeding ducks in the park and then a wander down the beach. The tide will be halfway out by mid morning today. Volunteered to take part in the React Covid-19 testing research study for Imperial College London - nose swab to to and then into the post.

Art today - my take on Robin Hoods Bay. Have a wonderful Monday (is it Monday?) time for a second koffy.

upload_2021-10-25_8-57-25.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
25 10
9.30am FBG 6.9 Shocking! We did visit some friends and had nibbles, roasted veg soup and a tiny piece of lemon cake. That was yesterday afternoon. I didn't eat again. Managed to resist the cheese, had two glasses of wine in the evening and somehow made ordinary tea with milk at bedtime. Had expected a 6, but not this high.
Maybe stress is a factor here too.
Errant continues to be very poorly, he is drinking and ate about a teaspoonful of food this morning. Am going to phone the vet, but as he is already on two types of antibiotic, don't think there is much more to be done but wait.
I will be buying cat soup today though, and may be the cat yoghurt as well, if I can find either.
The black and white cat that attacked Errant last week is back. It's a skulking, nervous creature, suspect it's been around for some time, but keeping out of sight. I do hope its not setting itself up as the next cat. I am not in the market for a replacement.
MrSlim has moved on from building and decorating to furniture restoration. We may even be able to sit in the salon soon.
The curtains are turning out to be rather more complicated than I had expected to alter.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, here in Tilehurst Towers the sun is shining and me and me’s are wondering about getting out in the garden to catch up on a bit of large bush pruning.

This morning on that meter was a 4.8, hmmm calculation time again.

Reading about the trials and tribulations of our pet owning posters, we have no pets here in Tilehurst Towers, but Mrs J will argue that she has one large troublesome pet….me and me’s.
Stay safe all.