What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Did loads of shredding - so feel a lot more organised today.

I bought a lovely warm jacket (half price) for dog walking. It was so toasty I just couldn't resist it. I think Mr K enjoyed his walk around the shops but I did notice that he booked the dogs next appointment when I am teaching classes in Norwich. Dogs are lovely and shiny after their wash.

@ianpspurs I also found the reports from Afghanistan really hard to watch.
You luv a wee bargain just like me :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Today's sketch in my sketchbook will happen when it is daylight. I want to do some observation sketching, even if it is not exactly what is in front of me. Something that is my interpretation of the surroundings.

In last night's sketch it was what was outside my front window, the stormy skies, the wild branches in the garden. The bench (that's at the bottom of pic) is all outside the front window (I did put Popeye under the bench, left side, but the water spray spread the lines out, although I can still see him). The parasol was actually what I saw out of the back window moments earlier. That parasol doubles as my washing line. It it an old one, but has loads of metal spokes under the parasol bit, and I peg my washing on that. And on days when there there is drizzle on and off all day, my washing can actual dry quite a bit. So when I bring it in to finish off drying it still has the nice smell of outdoors!

Fortunately I didn't do too much of a Mary Poppins in the retrieval of it....

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 for me have a good day everyone
FB_IMG_1635250759221.jpg

Reactions: mojo37 and dogslife

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My new creative. First page in my new sketch book. Used my black fountain pen and a spray bottle of water. Early evening. Stormy winds outside, and then my red and white parasol goes sailing past...
View attachment 51773
Smashing and so autumnal - Looks like it needs a Quentin Blake witch in there hanging onto that parasol.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good happy national bin day Morening ladies and gentlemen.

A 4.7 on that meter, hmmmm, I might well introduce that meter to my carpentry hammer, put luckily I have calculated my insulin dose, isn’t guessing delightfully accurate.

Here in Tilehurst Towers today is a day of wonder, slight aside, everyday is wonderful, but back to what makes today wonderful is I have my plinky plonky lesson and I wonder what scales and chords I will be tasked to learn as homework,
The other part of the wonderful is how can we get too the lesson with all the road closures and road works, the delights of living in the covid capital of the sarf.
Stay safe all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning on a quick moving cloud morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted belly pork with cauliflower colcannon and some home made apple sauce came in at 5.8 this am

Down to the prom yesterday so that the girl in the bubble could chat to the penguins - they are arranged near the sea wall, near the band stand. Each one has to be patted and greeted in turn - what a funny onion. A little friend dropped by to play in the garden - a second cousin - well I think that is how it goes. You can spend a fortune on toys for kids but sweeping up leaves into piles with a couple of brooms and then jumping in the piles wins the day. Dentist receptionist phoned yesterday, yet another postponement to my 6 month check up that is now turning into a game of Achilles and the Tortoise. Still, only one day delay this time - next time it will be 12 hours, and then 6 - can we sum a geometric series and end up in the chair of doom?

Art bit - spray water onto the paper and then use pure ink and a light touch - dry with an iron as you fancy and repeat a couple of times. What fun. Have an amazing bin day, best put ours out and reward my efforts with a koffy.

upload_2021-10-27_8-56-6.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning - which is really good as I spent most of the day and evening doing admin on the computer.

today is a much more active day. We are out and about doing stuff and are also going out for lunch with the dogs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings on #PreAngloAmericanbinday (for real, blud) Diabetes Massive. Windy and cool here today, described as a fresh breeze by a weather report. Not a pure fbg but straight after a spin session of an hour taking pulse rate nicely up to 150 at some stages (not even a sip of water) Tee 2 vowed and declared I was 5.4 :meh: Today is our 37th wedding anniversary, amazing where "quietly" celebrating scoring tries (3) at the rugby club leads:angelic: The helpful wife of a friend had already organised an "after party" just to help JKP.:) I played on the wing but was obviously slowed down enough to be caught (apparently dancing was involved - who knew?) all that pop in watering cans and stuff in the little glasses:angelic: Not the slightest intention of eating out. A trip to the physio will do me for excitement - unless Yodel fail to deliver then all hell may break loose. Odd events here. I found a £20 note outside, ;posted on The Close whatsapp, our nextdoor (US service family, beautiful people) neighbour also found cash - £40 - and it is also their wedding anniversary - he's on duty abroad:bigtears: Have a chune (Tunde is a real star vocalist and I lurve the intro) and do be'ave yourselves.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Greetings on #PreAngloAmericanbinday (for real, blud) Diabetes Massive. Windy and cool here today, described as a fresh breeze by a weather report. Not a pure fbg but straight after a spin session of an hour taking pulse rate nicely up to 150 at some stages (not even a sip of water) Tee 2 vowed and declared I was 5.4 :meh: Today is our 37th wedding anniversary, amazing where "quietly" celebrating scoring tries (3) at the rugby club leads:angelic: The helpful wife of a friend had already organised an "after party" just to help JKP.:) I played on the wing but was obviously slowed down enough to be caught (apparently dancing was involved - who knew?) all that pop in watering cans and stuff in the little glasses:angelic: Not the slightest intention of eating out. A trip to the physio will do me for excitement - unless Yodel fail to deliver then all hell may break loose. Odd events here. I found a £20 note outside, ;posted on The Close whatsapp, our nextdoor (US service family, beautiful people) neighbour also found cash - £40 - and it is also their wedding anniversary - he's on duty abroad:bigtears: Have a chune (Tunde is a real star vocalist and I lurve the intro) and do be'ave yourselves.
Happy Anniversary@ianpspurs. :)

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Anniversary @ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is probably a better anniversary chune - hoping repeats on Alexa may soothe the beast should Yodel lose their voice. Thanks @Krystyna23040 @dogslife and @dunelm. Wedding date chosen as it was start of half term, outside cricket season (essential) and a free week for rugby Sat and footy Sunday. Priorities. I think I've coped well, people frequently tell me so anyhow:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Smashing and so autumnal - Looks like it needs a Quentin Blake witch in there hanging onto that parasol.

Your wish is my command @dunelm

With apologies to Quentin Blake, and I thought Popeye deserved a place, here is what you asked for on my original painting, the witch and Popeye created in Procreate and digitally superimposed on my original painting.
This took me over two and a half hours to create (I drew my version of the witch). And so, in consequence, I submit it as my today's creative...inspired by @dunelm

DFB5F5B6-FC43-4E30-8DB6-57717AB6B581.jpeg

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
happy anniversary xx

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Anniversary @ianpspurs
g1607.gif