What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Ian what hast thou wrought? Elsie was given a magazine and verily she did watch a youtube video. (No more girls nights for her.) Lo, it has come to pass that she is desirous of self improvement (Amazon order incoming?) with the goal of becoming one of those hideous hybrids twixt a yummy mummy (4 letter acronyms similar to WILF are not for pre-watershed Alfred) and a gentrified, glamorous granny. Nothing there for me to atone for one may think. Howsomever, she casually looked up from said mag and asked if I still found her as winsome as in days of yore. Big mistake/sin Ian. Alexa play just the way you are by Billy Joel, quoth I. Completely strayed in thought, word and deed there - full house of the baddies. :bigtears: Anyhow, now I've publicly confessed:angelic: No fbg but 6.2 on Tee 2 after a spin session. No Peleton - I'm a pensioner y'know and Wattbike is where its at for the kool kids anyhow. The attached shows what was going on in 2015, 3 to 4 months in - when I still found Elsie winsome BTW. Basically, outdoor work in The Fens is my sweet spot and the little passenger on my bladder and COVID have screwed it all up. I've ended up in something akin to Sunny View retirement home at least a decade too early:arghh::bigtears:. Great art @dunelm and I hope the GIB improves. Calpol is magic but these snowflakes eschew the traditional remedies. The opium bottle did Alf no harm.:angelic: Oh, the chune? 2 days early

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-25 08.42.11.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 08.42.11.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone, it’s a fine looking start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel Heck sausages, eggs and pickles came in at 5.8 this am

Moving day for our daughter and family so the girl in the bubble stayed over last night. Poor thing has a runny nose and a cough. I suggested a rum toddy followed by goose fat rubbed onto her chest but Mrs Miggins went for Calpol. So, it’s probably a morning of feeding ducks in the park and then a wander down the beach. The tide will be halfway out by mid morning today. Volunteered to take part in the React Covid-19 testing research study for Imperial College London - nose swab to to and then into the post.

Art today - my take on Robin Hoods Bay. Have a wonderful Monday (is it Monday?) time for a second koffy.

View attachment 51756
Hugs for GIB @dunelm

I love your Robin Hood's Bay painting. I am curious, do you mind telling me how long it took you to do?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
25 10
9.30am FBG 6.9 Shocking! We did visit some friends and had nibbles, roasted veg soup and a tiny piece of lemon cake. That was yesterday afternoon. I didn't eat again. Managed to resist the cheese, had two glasses of wine in the evening and somehow made ordinary tea with milk at bedtime. Had expected a 6, but not this high.
Maybe stress is a factor here too.
Errant continues to be very poorly, he is drinking and ate about a teaspoonful of food this morning. Am going to phone the vet, but as he is already on two types of antibiotic, don't think there is much more to be done but wait.
I will be buying cat soup today though, and may be the cat yoghurt as well, if I can find either.
The black and white cat that attacked Errant last week is back. It's a skulking, nervous creature, suspect it's been around for some time, but keeping out of sight. I do hope its not setting itself up as the next cat. I am not in the market for a replacement.
MrSlim has moved on from building and decorating to furniture restoration. We may even be able to sit in the salon soon.
The curtains are turning out to be rather more complicated than I had expected to alter.

Hugs for you and Errant @SlimLizzy

Possibly it is setting itself for replacement...I have 4 here who are vying for that role. One tom, three females.
The three females want the role of house cat. One female, Merryweather wants to take over Popeye's duties on my bed.
The answer is no to Merryweather, I suspect she feeds elsewhere. Jade is a true stray cat and is always starving. She needs more help.
Shadow is a bit of an unknown quantity but wants to be indoors cat.
The ginger tom sits sadly at the end of the garden...

The reason I feed them is because my resident mouser has now crossed over the rainbow bridge and is now re-catching the mice he helped cross over that rainbow bridge...

I need to draw up a contact with these cats that their supply of food I give them depends on their mouse catching abilities....as well as possible garage accommodation in colder weather.

Take care and I hope those curtains behave themselves and let you sew them x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, we've got sucked into NIGY(Y)SOB by Trolley, The Saj, The Boneheads and R/W Commentariat. Trolley and The Saj are probably more incompetent than evil. The NIGY(Y)SOB? No longer working from home, planning a traditional family Christmas, going in person shopping, child minding, mixing indoors, eating out, going to a pub etc?, They've got us bang to rights. " No need for Plan B. Not our fault things are bad, you just can't be trusted. We could all live with COVID, if you just got jabbed enough and behaved better." The inconvenient detail is that far from living with COVID, 942 died from it in the last 7 days. :bigtears::bigtears:

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't been able to do a lot today.
But this is best I can do for a creative for today.

The hard life of a cat...done from some photos of a few years ago of Popeye...

Do you recognise this viewpoint of a cat?

3AC73A6B-5781-479B-902D-8BFCD1FA515D.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for GIB @dunelm

I love your Robin Hood's Bay painting. I am curious, do you mind telling me how long it took you to do?
Thank you @gennepher. I don’t think that it took too long in total but I had to wait for some of the tones to dry before adding the next. I also did a bit of dry into wet. So, 5 or 6 hours between doing other things. I sometimes use an iron if I want to speed up the process; lay over another sheet of paper and iron it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a noisy drip, drip, pitter, patter start here in the dark and dangerous north. I don’t know if it’s birds tap dancing on the velux windows or raining as it is still quite dark and pupil dilation and rod firing are being interfered with by LED lights in the roof - should I get a red filter and pretend to be on a darkened ship?
Anyhow, the wonder wheel of a quick stir fry came in at 5.4 this am

Girl in the bubble will be up in a bit, she starts nursery at 0730 (till 11, twice a week) so Mrs Miggins will have to get up and drive her there. Her mum and dad are now in the new place, surrounded by boxes and wondering about which box to open first and at what point in the next couple of years they will have found that thing that they needed on day one. Daughter had a tattoo of a willow tree that I designed for her - the name of said girl in the bubble (not the tree bit). Turns out that you can buy a birthday cake any time you like and eat it yourself, nobody checks.

Art bit - a tree that I took a photo of in the park yesterday - where the herons like to be. Still a few lurking about like Ebeneza Scrooge training to be an undertaker. Hope your day treats you well, must make koffy.

upload_2021-10-26_6-55-41.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher. I don’t think that it took too long in total but I had to wait for some of the tones to dry before adding the next. I also did a bit of dry into wet. So, 5 or 6 hours between doing other things. I sometimes use an iron if I want to speed up the process; lay over another sheet of paper and iron it.
Right, I get you @dunelm
I can see why you would have to dry it between stages. Otherwise it would be too much of a blur.
Thanks for telling me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. I hope everyone is as well and happy as their circumstances allow - always remembering that it really, really is o.k. not to be o.k. Tell the truth and shame the devil - the old ways are frequently the best. Not having a heart of stone and having 7 grandchildren the sights of the distress in Afghanistan is upsetting. First instinct is what kind of insensitive oaf thinks about macros having seen that? Next comes the noble but highly impractical idea that all the food we have in this house could be donated somehow. So I'm left with the task of researching which aid agency actually gives most useful help and turns the highest % of donations into food, clothing and medicine. First world problems huh? Not virtue signalling just working through how best to respond. The emotional response isn't the best. The irony/tragedy/absurdity is/was that Afghanistan has a cricket team competing in the T20 world cup and doing very well on my TV screen yesterday. All well nourished, some far too much:bigtears: @gennepher wonderful insight into Popeye's mind and I hope the process helps to soothe the loss somewhat. My, how you cared for him and how much love is in that seemingly simple piece. @dunelm super art, wonderful that you have the gift to design that tatoo for your daughter to celebrate the gift of the GIB - truly priceless. If I'm right that is a lovely name. How much of the above makes any sense or is relevant I no longer have a clue. Bring in the clowns.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Did loads of shredding - so feel a lot more organised today.

I bought a lovely warm jacket (half price) for dog walking. It was so toasty I just couldn't resist it. I think Mr K enjoyed his walk around the shops but I did notice that he booked the dogs next appointment when I am teaching classes in Norwich. Dogs are lovely and shiny after their wash.

@ianpspurs I also found the reports from Afghanistan really hard to watch.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Early start to a busy day.

A 6.3 this morning.
A delightful luxury breakfast sarnie with goooood koffy, vegan sausage, vegan bacon, carnivore brown bread and a little salad all obtained before Mrs J was awake. Just hope Mrs J does not find out.
DB15B45B-2B8D-4ABA-A18B-4202586E907D.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I also found the reports from Afghanistan really hard to watch.
Hope the coat lives up to expectations "in the wild" Not sure I could give the time of day to anyone unmoved by those images. They need rewiring. Cue social media poo storm "feed our own first but pipe down Rashford and get behind our leader"#Helluvamess.co.uk. Yet I still read this and followed the link :bigtears::bigtears:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a noisy drip, drip, pitter, patter start here in the dark and dangerous north. I don’t know if it’s birds tap dancing on the velux windows or raining as it is still quite dark and pupil dilation and rod firing are being interfered with by LED lights in the roof - should I get a red filter and pretend to be on a darkened ship?
Anyhow, the wonder wheel of a quick stir fry came in at 5.4 this am

Girl in the bubble will be up in a bit, she starts nursery at 0730 (till 11, twice a week) so Mrs Miggins will have to get up and drive her there. Her mum and dad are now in the new place, surrounded by boxes and wondering about which box to open first and at what point in the next couple of years they will have found that thing that they needed on day one. Daughter had a tattoo of a willow tree that I designed for her - the name of said girl in the bubble (not the tree bit). Turns out that you can buy a birthday cake any time you like and eat it yourself, nobody checks.

Art bit - a tree that I took a photo of in the park yesterday - where the herons like to be. Still a few lurking about like Ebeneza Scrooge training to be an undertaker. Hope your day treats you well, must make koffy.

View attachment 51768
Great tree @dunelm
I like the varying greys for the background.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. I hope everyone is as well and happy as their circumstances allow - always remembering that it really, really is o.k. not to be o.k. Tell the truth and shame the devil - the old ways are frequently the best. Not having a heart of stone and having 7 grandchildren the sights of the distress in Afghanistan is upsetting. First instinct is what kind of insensitive oaf thinks about macros having seen that? Next comes the noble but highly impractical idea that all the food we have in this house could be donated somehow. So I'm left with the task of researching which aid agency actually gives most useful help and turns the highest % of donations into food, clothing and medicine. First world problems huh? Not virtue signalling just working through how best to respond. The emotional response isn't the best. The irony/tragedy/absurdity is/was that Afghanistan has a cricket team competing in the T20 world cup and doing very well on my TV screen yesterday. All well nourished, some far too much:bigtears: @gennepher wonderful insight into Popeye's mind and I hope the process helps to soothe the loss somewhat. My, how you cared for him and how much love is in that seemingly simple piece. @dunelm super art, wonderful that you have the gift to design that tatoo for your daughter to celebrate the gift of the GIB - truly priceless. If I'm right that is a lovely name. How much of the above makes any sense or is relevant I no longer have a clue. Bring in the clowns.
Thanks very much @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Am trying a new sketchbook.
Am trying to sketch in it.
Hopefully back later with something creative...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My new creative. First page in my new sketch book. Used my black fountain pen and a spray bottle of water. Early evening. Stormy winds outside, and then my red and white parasol goes sailing past...
4A80EE26-CD19-462F-8D0E-40364F5CE146.jpeg

Last edited: