What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a dripping wet morning here in the dark and dangerous north
An unexpected delivery yesterday morning - white goods in preparation for the kitchen fitters who are due on Monday. Unexpected - as said kitchen fitters omitted to tell us of the delivery so a good thing that we were in at the time. Later, another delivery - this time expected - wood, tanalised stuff, gardens for the use of. We are so lucky living inside a working building site. Still, things are moving on and it added a bit of zest and surprise to the parade of the bin lorry. Chats with my sister and then my mother. Sister now looks like Sinéad O'Connor and was in fine spirits although quite tired after her latest dose of chemo. Mother has been confined to a wheelchair in readiness for a hip operation as said hip is quite fragile - she is not best pleased and there has already been the threat of duct tape.
Art bit - I have no idea, it just turned out that way. Hope you can enjoy your day. I really must now make some koffy.

upload_2022-3-4_6-44-8.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a dripping wet morning here in the dark and dangerous north
An unexpected delivery yesterday morning - white goods in preparation for the kitchen fitters who are due on Monday. Unexpected - as said kitchen fitters omitted to tell us of the delivery so a good thing that we were in at the time. Later, another delivery - this time expected - wood, tanalised stuff, gardens for the use of. We are so lucky living inside a working building site. Still, things are moving on and it added a bit of zest and surprise to the parade of the bin lorry. Chats with my sister and then my mother. Sister now looks like Sinéad O'Connor and was in fine spirits although quite tired after her latest dose of chemo. Mother has been confined to a wheelchair in readiness for a hip operation as said hip is quite fragile - she is not best pleased and there has already been the threat of duct tape.
Art bit - I have no idea, it just turned out that way. Hope you can enjoy your day. I really must now make some koffy.

View attachment 53641
Poor your Mother @dunelm
That is going to be so frustrating for her, told to be careful and stay in that wheelchair until the op.
Hugs for her and also for your sister.
And hugs for you.

Art bit...great scale...looks good.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor your Mother @dunelm
That is going to be so frustrating for her, told to be careful and stay in that wheelchair until the op.
Hugs for her and also for your sister.
And hugs for you.

Art bit...great scale...looks good.
Thank you @gennepher, she is very frustrated not being able to get out and about but hopefully she will be up and about again come April.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Just fed Mr&Mrs Blackbird. And Biscuit (one of the ginger strays).
Mr&MrsB had first dibs of the dry cat biscuits. Then Biscuit came strolling in, and polished everything off (only the dry and wet cat food) while the Blackbirds watched from high.
Sparrows and female bluetit have nearly finished the fat balls.
I will refill all after my cuppa...

Creative is a kaleidoscope.
Laboscope app. Procreate to do his Lordship. And Snapseed for name&frame.
What is it? My bedroom again. The yellow silk chrysanthemum flowers in a Chinese vase...

Enjoy another cuppa!
CD994144-452C-4228-8EDF-6479AB92725D.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 5.6
Weight 45.1kg or 7st 1lb 6oz.
Much too thin again.
For some reason the water tastes foul this morning with a strong chemical flavour. Most unpleasant. :grumpy:Binned my tea and tried coffee Instead, but not much better. Tonic water seems my only option now. Might have to make run to town and buy water if it doesn't improve soon. Have been happy with standard of French tap water until now, but this could have been imported from UK, where in some places water always tasted like this. :yuck:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @gennepher, she is very frustrated not being able to get out and about but hopefully she will be up and about again come April.
April must seem so far away for your mother. Good though that she does have a date for her op. Good also that your sister's chemo went well.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Mr&MrsB had first dibs of the dry cat biscuits. Then Biscuit came strolling in, and polished everything off (only the dry and wet cat food) while the Blackbirds watched from high.

What is it? My bedroom again. The yellow silk chrysanthemum flowers in a Chinese vase...

Enjoy another cuppa!
View attachment 53643
I do like your kaleidescopes @gennepher. Also it is lovely that you are looking after the stray cats.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I was diagnosed with this several years ago and I agree that it is absolutely horrid. My dentist advised me not to use toothpaste containing Sodium Lauryl sulfate and it completely disappeared.
Hi Krystyna 23040
I was also told this I use Sensodyne toothpaste any of them I have been ok with, mine hasn’t gone I still get flare ups it’s been better since I went to decaffeinate coffee and tea but it’s still very much around it’s been going on 3 years now. K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. BS very low last night. It is a bit weird. If evening BS is low fbg is always much higher. If evening BS is higher the fbg is always much lower.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning Everyone BG was 6.4 on rising @ 5.05am K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

View attachment 53641
Hope your mum gets her hip op soon, and your sister starts feeling much better after her chemo. What a awful dilemma your family is dealing with. Best Wishes to you all. K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Krystyna 23040
I was also told this I use Sensodyne toothpaste any of them I have been ok with, mine hasn’t gone I still get flare ups it’s been better since I went to decaffeinate coffee and tea but it’s still very much around it’s been going on 3 years now. K
My dentist advised Weleda toothpaste and I also changed to Weleda body wash as I found that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate was also causing problems with my skin. Luckily coffee doesn't cause me a problem but good that you found that decaffeinated was OK for you.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My dentist advised Weleda toothpaste and I also changed to Weleda body wash as I found that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate was also causing problems with my skin. Luckily coffee doesn't cause me a problem but good that you found that decaffeinated was OK for you.
Hi Krystyna 23040
That’s great information I will look where I can buy these two products locally or in town and try them hopefully it just may be the missing link to been rid of it. My dentist didn’t advise any brand just don’t use any toothpaste with Sodium Laurel Sulfate.
Although Sensodyne doesn’t have these products in them it’s worth giving the Weleda products a try thank you for the information will look online to see where I can buy them, I’ll let you know how I get on in time when I start using them.K
Just looked online there are a number of different Weleda toothpastes which one did you use, sorry to be a nuisance. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fbg 6.5

Enjoy another cuppa!
View attachment 53643
Lovely kaleidoscope again but I’m not seeing any kitty kats this time, is this just me or have you left them out. K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely kaleidoscope again but I’m not seeing any kitty kats this time, is this just me or have you left them out. K
His Lordship Popeye is in there!!!
I painted him in using the Procreate app @Granny_grump_
:)
Midway, a 1/4 from bottom, under the blue Chinese vase.

I will always put Popeye in somewhere.

Edit: I thought he stuck out like a sore thumb as I was painting him. But looking again, he is quite well disguised :)

Reactions: jjraak

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I’ve got him don’t know how I missed that, but I am needing new glasses. K

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
GRRrrr, mice traces in yet another kitchen cupboard. I was just about to move all the tins from the other mouse accessible one. Now have a huge storage deficit as decided not to use any those mice can get into.
My plans in disarray, have come to a complete halt. Can't even have a consoling cup of tea as water is still tasting awful.
Was going to plant quince seeds yesterday, but they need three months in the fridge. Oh well, will be looking to buy a young tree now.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on another Friday. The weather here seems to be in a sombre mood presumably due to the stupidity on show in Ukraine, on Fox and friends and elsewhere sadly driven from the news by Putin. Hugs for the dental/oral and eyesight issues @gennepher @Granny_grump_ and @Krystyna23040. Hugs, thoughts and prayers for those impacted by floods in Australia, your mum and sister @dunelm, Jan and Heather @Krystyna23040 and anyone else my aged mind overlooked. I need to drink as many 750 mls mugs of tea as possible today since Naproxen may not be a good idea. @gennepher wonderful kaleidoscope yet again. @dunelm no plan at the start but turned out nice again. You are cracking on apace with the dream home even without young McCloud’s help to run up £3 mill debt. Whatever little or large obstacles life throws at you today time and the hour run through the roughest day -trite but nonetheless true. My fitbit has fallen prey to cancel culture aka recall and refund. How will I manage to know my sleep score, time in each zone, resting heart rate or other data without which I lived 60 years in blissful ignorance whilst the discounted replacement arrives? First world problems - now where is my avocado slicer and masher?

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings everyone on another Friday. The weather here seems to be in a sombre mood presumably due to the stupidity on show in Ukraine, on Fox and friends and elsewhere sadly driven from the news by Putin. Hugs for the dental/oral and eyesight issues @gennepher @Granny_grump_ and @Krystyna23040. Hugs, thoughts and prayers for those impacted by floods in Australia, you mum and sister @dunelm, Jan and Heather @Krystyna23040 and anyone else my aged mind overlooked. I need to drink as many 750 mls mugs of tea as possible today since Naproxen may not be a good idea. @gennepher wonderful kaleidoscope yet again. @dunelm no plan at the start but turned out nice again. You are cracking on apace with the dream home even without young McCloud’s help to run up £3 mill debt. Whatever little or large obstacles life throws at you today time and the hour run through the roughest day -trite but nonetheless true. My fitbit has fallen prey to cancel culture aka recall and refund. How will I manage to know my sleep score, time in each zone, resting heart rate or other data without which I lived 60 years in blissful ignorance whilst the discounted replacement arrives? First world problems - now where is my avocado slicer and masher?
Thanks for the words and compliments @ianpspurs