What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WARNING - PLEASE DON'T READ THIS IF YOU ARE EATING
This morning I was suddenly struck down with a Urinary Tract Infection. On our return from Gooderstone it became really scary and I began passing a lot of blood. The NHS was brilliant. Phoned 111 and although I was in a queue for 40 minutes, ten minutes after speaking to the call centre the out of hours doctor rang me and said I must come along immediate to the clinic. Have now got antibiotics - and hopefully it will soon be a lot less painful. The doctor was concerned at the deep red urine sample that I bought with me and I have to contact my GP tomorrow as I may need scans etc. in case it is something more sinister.
Have cancelled all classes tomorrow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I was suddenly struck down with a Urinary Tract Infection. On our return from Gooderstone it became really scary and I began passing a lot of blood. The NHS was brilliant. Phoned 111 and although I was in a queue for 40 minutes, ten minutes after speaking to the call centre the out of hours doctor rang me and said I must come along immediate to the clinic. Have now got antibiotics - and hopefully it will soon be a lot less painful. The doctor was concerned at the deep red urine sample that I bought with me and I have to contact my GP tomorrow as I may need scans etc. in case it is something more sinister.
Oh blimey @Krystyna23040
Hopefully it is easily sorted.
You did the right thing by taking the sample in.
At least they are alerted.
UTI's are painful enough, I know.
Make sure you drink plenty of fluids.
Gentle hugs
xxx

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope the antibiotics work and the scans etc are either not needed or show nothing more sinister. Having been through something similar I can sympathise with you.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hope all goes well

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from SW France. We are at my parent’s house - cool marble floors and shutters but the forecast is for a mere 22 degrees. 800 miles to get here (300 in the UK and 500 in France), our little Smart car is resting in the coolness of the communal underground garage. Niece coming up from Bordeaux today - we have brought her some curly wurlys - her childhood favourite, I think that Mrs Miggins may have overdone it, I count 20 twin packs! And a bag of Starburst.
No art today - just aching bones from sat in a car for two days. Hope you are all well. Wonder where the koffy is kept?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from SW France. We are at my parent’s house - cool marble floors and shutters but the forecast is for a mere 22 degrees. 800 miles to get here (300 in the UK and 500 in France), our little Smart car is resting in the coolness of the communal underground garage. Niece coming up from Bordeaux today - we have brought her some curly wurlys - her childhood favourite, I think that Mrs Miggins may have overdone it, I count 20 twin packs! And a bag of Starburst.
No art today - just aching bones from sat in a car for two days. Hope you are all well. Wonder where the koffy is kept?
Good Morning @dunelm
That is good travelling time.
Coffee will revive you!
Happy hols!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I do hope that this nasty UTI can be quickly sorted for you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Rain then sun, rain then sun on and off all day yesterday.
Today promises to be the same.
I had a little outing planned, but I need my mobility scooter.
So staying at home now.
I do have a glut of sweet yellow Himalayan raspberries to nibble on.
And some slight sour red Himalayan raspberries, courtesy of the birds with the original seedlings again.
A gooseberry bush has appeared from nowhere.
So, fruit and vegetable garden is doing nicely.
Didn't sleep last night, bungalow too warm.
Time to try for a nap...
Clouds going black again outside.
Just Midnight and the Bluetits so far, in the garden on this wet day, and the baby robin, who needs teaching some things. Jade has just popped in, charged out, and Ammy has come in.

Creative is my medicines in Laboscope.

Have a good day!

2DFAC05B-937C-41B5-8D58-420544E2C961.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh blimey @Krystyna23040
Hopefully it is easily sorted.
You did the right thing by taking the sample in.
At least they are alerted.
UTI's are painful enough, I know.
Make sure you drink plenty of fluids.
Gentle hugs
xxx
You are right about UTIs being really painful. On a scale of 1 to 10 this one was 20. The antibiotics have worked really fast and this morning no pain and no blood. I did also add Echinacea drops to help.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope the antibiotics work and the scans etc are either not needed or show nothing more sinister. Having been through something similar I can sympathise with you.
I also hope that the scans are not needed or show nothing more sinister. My 'gut feeling' is that this is just a severe UTI - hopefully.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Am surprised it is that low as last night it was 7.9.
Antibiotics are working really well. Yesterday I couldn't eat my dinner and I couldn't even face a cup of coffee. Today is definitely a day of rest and recuperation - and coffee

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone from a sunny enclave of the Exotic East. All the ingredients for the kind of day which should make me “play with a smile on my face” - summer sun, summer clothes, salad, sport (England likely to win the cricket). Feelings are unreliable as real joy would feel just a tad forced but probably to be expected in the circs. Maybe the best way to enjoy things is to set my expectations very low but that isn’t being truly grateful for God’s grace. My best times always seem to come from nowhere - can’t be minutely planned and prepared for just “gifted.” Oddly enough, Adam and Eve didn't book a room in The Garden of Eden with TUI:angelic: @dunelm good to hear you arrived safely even if there is a need to recuperate. @Krystyna23040 really good news that the antibiotics seem to be working wonders. I imagine Mr K was and remains very concerned - the no coffee would have alarmed him. @gennepher shame your planned trip out is postponed but hopefully the fruit will soften the blow somewhat. Thanks for the creative. I hope today goes well for you all. I need to find out more about Kendick Lamar - sounds as though his heart is definitely in the right place which is rather refreshing these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are right about UTIs being really painful. On a scale of 1 to 10 this one was 20. The antibiotics have worked really fast and this morning no pain and no blood. I did also add Echinacea drops to help.
Brilliant @Krystyna23040
You acted quickly enough initially.
That is the key.
Hugs.
Take a good rest today. No overworking.
xx

EDIT
I would venture to suggest at least a day of rest tomorrow as well.
I know I am being cheeky.
But I know we all tend to say, yeah I am fine now, when really we need that extra bit of rest time.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone from a sunny enclave of the Exotic East. All the ingredients for the kind of day which should make me “play with a smile on my face” - summer sun, summer clothes, salad, sport (England likely to win the cricket). Feelings are unreliable as real joy would feel just a tad forced but probably to be expected in the circs. Maybe the best way to enjoy things is to set my expectations very low but that isn’t being truly grateful for God’s grace. My best times always seem to come from nowhere - can’t be minutely planned and prepared for just “gifted.” @dunelm good to hear you arrived safely even if there is a need to recuperate. @Krystyna23040 really good news that the antibiotics seem to be working wonders. I imagine Mr K was and remains very concerned - the no coffee would have alarmed him. @gennepher shame your planned trip out is postponed but hopefully the fruit will soften the blow somewhat. Thanks for the creative. I hope today goes well for you all. I need to find out more about Kendick Lamar - sounds as though his heart is definitely in the right place which is rather refreshing these days.
Thanks @ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good news that the antibiotics seem to be working wonders. I imagine Mr K was and remains very concerned - the no coffee would have alarmed him.
Yes, it is good news that the antibiotics are working really well. Mr K was very concerned and this morning wouldn't let me go on the dog walk as he said I should rest. Actually he was right - I do need to take it easy today.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant @Krystyna23040
You acted quickly enough initially.
That is the key.
Hugs.
Take a good rest today. No overworking.
xx

EDIT
I would venture to suggest at least a day of rest tomorrow as well.
I know I am being cheeky.
But I know we all tend to say, yeah I am fine now, when really we need that extra bit of rest time.
We are so lucky that we can get treatment so at weekends. It was progressing so quickly It was quite scary.

Actually I am really pleased that you did suggest that it would be a good thing to take an extra day off work. I was thinking that I would be fine tomorrow but actually that is just wishful thinking and you are right that I do need that extra rest time to recover properly.