What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another ‘all things bright and beautiful’ start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. The girl in the bubble is still snoozing upstairs but I dare say that it will be down to the cafe for toast and butter later - and after breakfast of course! Planning. Plans are afoot. A trip down to Bristol next weekend to see my brother via a stop over in Brum to see the ninky nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse. Their school has, for reasons unknown to the sensible, changed the school uniform colour from blue to bottle green so new cardigans are needed for the girls - how crazy is that? It’s an inner city primary school for goodness sake not Queen Ethelburga’s School for young ladies. Anyhow. Art bit - yesterdays beginnings now finished and we even managed a walk into town and back. Have a pleasant valley Sunday and listen to music of the 60’s. I will of course need koffy for that.

View attachment 55823
I hope you enjoyed your 60's music!
Love the finished tree and yellow background @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely kaleidoscope @gennepher. I do love reading your posts about your cats and birds. We used to feed the birds until we got Archie. He thinks that bird food is a gourmet meal and destroyed our bird tables trying to get to the bird food. Luckily we still get lots of sparrows visiting us. We have a pergola thickly covered with honeysuckle and they feed on the insects there. Then have a bath in the stone bird bath. They sound so happy and really noisy. We also do have a blackbird who visits.
Thanks @Krystyna23040
:happy:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello on another sunny, warm and dry day in the Long Hot Summer of '22 here in The Exotic East. So yesterday was, as you say @jjraak, quite the Elbow day. Made the more so by 4 graves back in The Old Country being in immaculate order plus a long cherished visit. The church I attended had been having pews and the floor removed and a new, level, floor laid when we moved. For security it is locked so I was unable to see the finished project. Yesterday was one of their new monthly coffee mornings so not only did I see inside the church but had a long chat with someone. JKP also had a scone (butter, jam, cream and all) which she told me was divine darling, simply divine. @Krystyna23040 enjoy Gooderstone Water Gardens, the sausage roll for Mr K, frozen yoghurt for the dogs and a coffee for yourself. @gennepher thanks for sharing your observations of the birds and today's kaleidoscope. @dunelm thanks for the now blossoming art. Enjoy today with TGIB and the upcoming trip plus time with the Ninky Nonks, LMP, son and then your brother. @Jojo85 I hope your Sydney Harbour trip is as magical as it sounds. Today we host MIL for Sunday lunch plus any sons or grandchildren not yet bored of Nanny's Paddling Pool. We have four grandchildren tomorrow so they may be patient enough to wait. Maybe not a good idea to hold my breath for that. Prayers for the family of Archie Battersbee and so many others in the same desperately tragic situation. Meanwhile, do stay safe and share the love but with careful thought. If that person really doesn’t need you to haul them about, gurn at them, briskly bundle them across a road (or have unwanted goods plonked in their supermarket trolley :)) don’t do it, eh?
Thanks @ianpspurs
:happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mine always really high in the morning and then lower in the afternoon

Thinks that par for the course, @JHPH

I know some do the last thing at night too,
I wasn't one for that regularly.

Feet on the floor & pre meal, 2 hours after first bite..that was enough for me

Mine went down a mmol a month...or there abouts, if that helps

Fasting BG started at 10, lowered over the months to a steady nine, then repeated each month until I got down to what I think is my natural level of mid 5's.

( Struggling to get it as low now, but I do know the reasons )

Sure yours will follow suit, just be patient .:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under a bright an cloudless sky here in the dark and dangerous north. The planned walk into town was cancelled yesterday. Rain stopped play. So - car. We don’t mind a bit of rain but the girl in the bubble was in her toddler trike and there is no rain cover for it. Boo hoo! So, toast and butter was consumed by said toddler and all was right in the world. Jolly hockey sticks yesterday in the Commonwealth games but no so for our gals tiptoeing outside the lines in their baton dash. Oh well. It’s all been marvelous and they will now all be dashing over to Munich as long as they have their passports organised, paperwork pilled up and are camping out overnight at the airport in the hope of cadging a lift on a plane. Might be easier flying to Dublin first. Anyhow, art bit. A new day, a new tree in the making. Have a marvelous Monday if you can. I shall continue by drinking Koffy and then hanging some washing on the line now that I have complete my level 1 domestic chores part A.

upload_2022-8-8_6-51-34.jpeg

Reactions: Celtic Angel

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Last night, Midnight didn't want me to lock up. I hadn't a clue what he wanted. He normally gets on the swing and settles to sleep when I lock up for the night. But not last night. i was taking my tomatoes in. I always bring them in at night now they are fruiting, and then in the morning I put them out again for the bees and insects to fertilise the new flowers. These two plants give me all the tomatoes I need. So I sorted all my packing up for the night stuff, and Midnight is still following me around. I gave him lots of strokes and cuddles and stuff, but by now I just wanted to lock up and go to bed. He got in the way of the door so I was unable to lock it. He came in the bungalow and wouldn't leave, so I went to lock the door, but he shot outside. Inside or outside, he wanted neither. He was very insistent about something in his miaows, but I did not have a clue.

I have mended the cat flap in the kitchen. It will last a little while. And I was trying to persuade Midnight to use it, but all I got was him on one or other side of the cat flap but he had no intention of going through it. I even tried propping it open, he just stared at me from the other side...

So, last night when he took me in the kitchen for the umpteenth time, I then moved his food and biscuits to in there, water, and a cat tray, which I don't think he has ever seen in his life, and his big wide eyes looked at it as though it were an alien monster. There is a chair in the kitchen which my cats used to sit on. I had already, a few weeks ago, prepared that with cushions and fleeces on it for him. I put a drop of milk on a plate to occupy him while I got out unseen and shut the door. And went to bed and straight to sleep.

I looked in the kitchen with trepidation when I woke up this morning. Everything was as it was last night. And no Midnight. He had finally figured out the cat flap and got through it without jamming in it. He must've done that pretty much straight away. He hadn't even sat on the chair.

So then, I am looking out with trepidation for Midnight on the swing this morning. He was there with Jade. A sigh of relief from me. Midnight was lovely and friendly with me.

I will have another go with Midnight and the kitchen and the cat flap later today. I want him to realise he can come back into the kitchen from outside where there will always be that chair for him, water, and cat food in there. He may need a retreat from some night creature in the garden. I think the badger has returned the night before last because some stuff was moved in the garden. Some larger branches. It was like something was trying to make a den with the digging that had gone on. I cannot find an entry point. There might be a tunnel into the garden...

Creative is a digital drawing of Midnight and Jade. I am trying to get their characters...

Another cuppa needed now...
And a nap...

B8A72D21-E799-4D17-B9D1-8B103C469B95.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on another warm, dry day in the Exotic East. Four generation Sunday lunch went well yesterday and today is Four Grandchildren day. JKP will be exhausted by the end of the week. @dunelm thanks for the very sturdy if gnarled looking tree. Is that what “they” call character?. What is this rain of which you speak? @JHPH welcome and as @jjraak says that pattern is a familiar one to many.. @gennepher I hope Midnight learns to use the kitchen as a safe space away from badgers. Thanks for the Little and Large creative. Interesting that you bring in tomatoes each night. When we had a proper garden one raised bed was always a tomato bed. as I eat a great many tomatoes. A man in the village sold the widest variety of tomato plants I have ever seen very cheaply. Phrase of the day: at ease with delivering casual dissembling and delivering silly pabulum. Sadly that is almost certainly our next PM.:bigtears: Y'all take care now and come back real soon.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Last night, Midnight didn't want me to lock up. I hadn't a clue what he wanted. He normally gets on the swing and settles to sleep when I lock up for the night. But not last night. i was taking my tomatoes in. I always bring them in at night now they are fruiting, and then in the morning I put them out again for the bees and insects to fertilise the new flowers. These two plants give me all the tomatoes I need. So I sorted all my packing up for the night stuff, and Midnight is still following me around. I gave him lots of strokes and cuddles and stuff, but by now I just wanted to lock up and go to bed. He got in the way of the door so I was unable to lock it. He came in the bungalow and wouldn't leave, so I went to lock the door, but he shot outside. Inside or outside, he wanted neither. He was very insistent about something in his miaows, but I did not have a clue.

I have mended the cat flap in the kitchen. It will last a little while. And I was trying to persuade Midnight to use it, but all I got was him on one or other side of the cat flap but he had no intention of going through it. I even tried propping it open, he just stared at me from the other side...

So, last night when he took me in the kitchen for the umpteenth time, I then moved his food and biscuits to in there, water, and a cat tray, which I don't think he has ever seen in his life, and his big wide eyes looked at it as though it were an alien monster. There is a chair in the kitchen which my cats used to sit on. I had already, a few weeks ago, prepared that with cushions and fleeces on it for him. I put a drop of milk on a plate to occupy him while I got out unseen and shut the door. And went to bed and straight to sleep.

I looked in the kitchen with trepidation when I woke up this morning. Everything was as it was last night. And no Midnight. He had finally figured out the cat flap and got through it without jamming in it. He must've done that pretty much straight away. He hadn't even sat on the chair.

So then, I am looking out with trepidation for Midnight on the swing this morning. He was there with Jade. A sigh of relief from me. Midnight was lovely and friendly with me.

I will have another go with Midnight and the kitchen and the cat flap later today. I want him to realise he can come back into the kitchen from outside where there will always be that chair for him, water, and cat food in there. He may need a retreat from some night creature in the garden. I think the badger has returned the night before last because some stuff was moved in the garden. Some larger branches. It was like something was trying to make a den with the digging that had gone on. I cannot find an entry point. There might be a tunnel into the garden...

Creative is a digital drawing of Midnight and Jade. I am trying to get their characters...

Another cuppa needed now...
And a nap...

View attachment 55833
Your patience is certainly bearing fruit with Midnight. Thank your for the portrait. American Gothic - eat your heart out.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on another warm, dry day in the Exotic East. Four generation Sunday lunch went well yesterday and today is Four Grandchildren day. JKP will be exhausted by the end of the week. @dunelm thanks for the very sturdy if gnarled looking tree. Is that what “they” call character?. What is this rain of which you speak? @JHPH welcome and as @jjraak says that pattern is a familiar one to many.. @gennepher I hope Midnight learns to use the kitchen as a safe space away from badgers. Thanks for the Little and Large creative. Interesting that you bring in tomatoes each night. When we had a proper garden one raised bed was always a tomato bed. as I eat a great many tomatoes. A man in the village sold the widest variety of tomato plants I have ever seen very cheaply. Phrase of the day: at ease with delivering casual dissembling and delivering silly pabulum. Sadly that is almost certainly our next PM.:bigtears: Y'all take care now and come back real soon.
Thank you @ianpspurs. The rain in Saltburn falls mainly on the beach. It’s the culture war game man - run, run as far and as fast as you can.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from under a bright an cloudless sky here in the dark and dangerous north. The planned walk into town was cancelled yesterday. Rain stopped play. So - car. We don’t mind a bit of rain but the girl in the bubble was in her toddler trike and there is no rain cover for it. Boo hoo! So, toast and butter was consumed by said toddler and all was right in the world. Jolly hockey sticks yesterday in the Commonwealth games but no so for our gals tiptoeing outside the lines in their baton dash. Oh well. It’s all been marvelous and they will now all be dashing over to Munich as long as they have their passports organised, paperwork pilled up and are camping out overnight at the airport in the hope of cadging a lift on a plane. Might be easier flying to Dublin first. Anyhow, art bit. A new day, a new tree in the making. Have a marvelous Monday if you can. I shall continue by drinking Koffy and then hanging some washing on the line now that I have complete my level 1 domestic chores part A.

View attachment 55832
A very impressive stout tree @dunelm
A plate of toast and butter sets the world to rights...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @ianpspurs
Midnight needs an escape if the badger has come back.
Thanks for the painting compliment.
It is just something I do with tomatoes. It is easy done, they are a compact bunch, albeit very heavy at the moment with the crop of tomatoes.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all irrespective of their geographical and political leanings. A special mention for @JHPH welcome to this little corner of this huge site in time I am sure all will be explained.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.1, I can live with that.
Some interesting art work today, thanks @gennepher and @dunelm .
Darn sarf we have some hot weather forecasted for the next few days so that stops any plans me, me’s and myself have for committing motorcycling and any serious woodworking. Mrs J will make good use of this free time.
Unfortunately a few random thoughts have been rattling round that large empty space in my head where my brain cell used to live and one of those thoughts is questioning the difference between outright political belief and religious belief. I have a feeling the answers to this question are way beyond my pay grade and intellectual understanding.
Stay safe, stay cool and bring a smile to a strangers face.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all irrespective of their geographical and political leanings. A special mention for @JHPH welcome to this little corner of this huge site in time I am sure all will be explained.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.1, I can live with that.
Some interesting art work today, thanks @gennepher and @dunelm .
Darn sarf we have some hot weather forecasted for the next few days so that stops any plans me, me’s and myself have for committing motorcycling and any serious woodworking. Mrs J will make good use of this free time.
Unfortunately a few random thoughts have been rattling round that large empty space in my head where my brain cell used to live and one of those thoughts is questioning the difference between outright political belief and religious belief. I have a feeling the answers to this question are way beyond my pay grade and intellectual understanding.
Stay safe, stay cool and bring a smile to a strangers face.
Hugs for the hot weather stopping your play, Alf.