What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all irrespective of their geographical and political leanings. A special mention for @JHPH welcome to this little corner of this huge site in time I am sure all will be explained.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.1, I can live with that.
Some interesting art work today, thanks @gennepher and @dunelm .
Darn sarf we have some hot weather forecasted for the next few days so that stops any plans me, me’s and myself have for committing motorcycling and any serious woodworking. Mrs J will make good use of this free time.
Unfortunately a few random thoughts have been rattling round that large empty space in my head where my brain cell used to live and one of those thoughts is questioning the difference between outright political belief and religious belief. I have a feeling the answers to this question are way beyond my pay grade and intellectual understanding.
Stay safe, stay cool and bring a smile to a strangers face.

Good point . :hilarious::D
For my tuppence worth

I think it's more religious mania.
Akin to Jones, koresh or Manson.

Other govts have been bad, but this one is a class apart.

That belief it's ones destiny to be followed.
Says it's CULT.

And with all that that entails.

The dangerous repetition of another's words or certain phrases
Like some sort of stepford wife
The dogged belief, once the existence or non existence of certain "FACTS"..are proven or disproven, to still believe THEY are right.

And that to simply deny that truth, is believed sufficient to make it untrue.

They treat us like childish fools

(May have some spelling wrong )

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A groundhog Day with Bill Murray reporting Punxsutawney Phil predicting it's going to be a 7.6 on the metre of mirth ..

That right, you heard it here first, folks :D

A few small outings over the weekend

A monthly meet up with nephews was a pleasant end to last week

Saturday Sunday was the resting up needed after such exertions :rolleyes:
But a pleasant enough way to kill time.

A leisurely late breakfast both days with Lauren, suited me fine

Bought body massager for my scars etc

Used on Laurens legs & feet.
She reports great improvement..:happy:

Guess I'll be doing that again , real soon
( No good deed goes unpunished..:hilarious:)

Mentally more alert of late
Concentration much improved

And while I know not all share my love of aliens, zombies or murder+death-kill choice of movies

I would suggest for those who prefer more sensible entertainment, yet still inclined to watch TV, seek out DOPESICK.

On STAR with Disney+
Gets a very high 8.8 on IMDB.

Reminds me a little of Law & Order.

True story, No gratuitous violence, a few but I guess relevant scenes of intimacy.

Micheal Keaton stars
Serious role, very impressive.

Worth checking out, imho

Furry nephew staying :headphone:
So we'll be e-scootering to the doggie park to get a little run out & catch some rays.:)

Enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. The tyre on Mr K's car is irreparable so new Pirelli tyres have been ordered as the garage didn't have them in stock. They should arrive tomorrow. He was going to replace all the tyres before the winter anyway.

Thank goodness it wasn't next Monday as we are off to Dunwich for a couple of days.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning. The tyre on Mr K's car is irreparable so new Pirelli tyres have been ordered as the garage didn't have them in stock. They should arrive tomorrow. He was going to replace all the tyres before the winter anyway.

Thank goodness it wasn't next Monday as we are off to Dunwich for a couple of days.
The lord moves in mysterious ways :)

Ouch for wallet pain, but guess better now then by the side of the road.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope that the sausage roll for Mr K, the frozen yoghurt for the dogs and your coffee are all on par.
Sadly Mr K was the only one who missed out. The dogs had Aldi doggy ice cream in the freezer and I had my Nespresso coffee. Mr K had no sausage roll.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The lord moves in mysterious ways :)

Ouch for wallet pain, but guess better now then by the side of the road.
I agree. The same thing happened to me a year ago but my tyre burst on the Norwich Southern bypass on my way home. The RAC took from 9.20pm to 3am to get out to me. We are now with Green Flag who get much better reviews.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

The sparrows are eating less of the fat balls and the suet blocks, so I went to investigate. The sparrow are still here all day long but they are eating more slowly now.

I found the reason behind the bush where some of the fat balls hang.

I walked into a cloud of hundreds of wasps.

Ah, it is honeydew beer fest time! It lasts about a month.

The black aphids were on a different tree this year. And there are thousands of black aphids, clustered on every branch.

The black ants are already taking their cut, they are milking the aphids. They are literally farming the aphids.

Wasps absolutely enjoy drinking alcohol. And this honeydew is their preferred beverage at this time of year. Every few minutes a fight breaks out. And they literally go at each other with fisticuffs. It is riveting to watch. And I do take photographs of them. But I have a problem. There is so much honeydew dripping from the tree, that it inevitably gets on my phone camera. And I end up with wasps trying to eat/lick the honeydew off my phone as I am trying to take photos. So, I have to retreat frequently to clean up my phone.

These wasps don't bother me, I am not a threat to them. I have to walk through them the next month or so to get to the potting shed and the garage. They have never stung me during their honeydew fest.

Now, what does this have to do with sparrows, and the other smaller birds in my garden?

At this time of year, if I have my cochlear sound processor on, I can hear a lot of beating of the sparrows wings on the leaves in the bush/tree. It is actually quite an ominous sound, which would be good for scary film effects. What are the sparrows doing? They are catching the wasps for dessert.

So, this interesting cycle of events is saving me some money on bird food.

Creative this morning, a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of my vegetable garden. The main leaf in this is my corn salad, but Laboscope has given it pointed leaves.

Time for coffee.
Time for a nap...
Have your best day.

40A50BC5-BFA2-4452-A55D-25C09863BE3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

The sparrows are eating less of the fat balls and the suet blocks, so I went to investigate. The sparrow are still here all day long but they are eating more slowly now.

I found the reason behind the bush where some of the fat balls hang.

I walked into a cloud of hundreds of wasps.

Ah, it is honeydew beer fest time! It lasts about a month.

The black aphids were on a different tree this year. And there are thousands of black aphids, clustered on every branch.

The black ants are already taking their cut, they are milking the aphids. They are literally farming the aphids.

Wasps absolutely enjoy drinking alcohol. And this honeydew is their preferred beverage at this time of year. Every few minutes a fight breaks out. And they literally go at each other with fisticuffs. It is riveting to watch. And I do take photographs of them. But I have a problem. There is so much honeydew dripping from the tree, that it inevitably gets on my phone camera. And I end up with wasps trying to eat/lick the honeydew off my phone as I am trying to take photos. So, I have to retreat frequently to clean up my phone.

These wasps don't bother me, I am not a threat to them. I have to walk through them the next month or so to get to the potting shed and the garage. They have never stung me during their honeydew fest.

Now, what does this have to do with sparrows, and the other smaller birds in my garden?

At this time of year, if I have my cochlear sound processor on, I can hear a lot of beating of the sparrows wings on the leaves in the bush/tree. It is actually quite an ominous sound, which would be good for scary film effects. What are the sparrows doing? They are catching the wasps for dessert.

So, this interesting cycle of events is saving me some money on bird food.

Creative this morning, a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of my vegetable garden. The main leaf in this is my corn salad, but Laboscope has given it pointed leaves.

Time for coffee.
Time for a nap...
Have your best day.

View attachment 55843
Ah the cat cafe is now serving alcohol, I hope that your license is in order - if not, you can find a reasonable facsimile on the interweb and staple to your front gate. I can see a circle of green moths interspaced with green jack-o'-lanterns.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another blue sky thought provoking day here in the dark and dangerous north. Plans are afoot for the girl in the bubble to go to the beach after nursery and meet up with other small folk, cousins, in a variety of sizes and flavors. I hope it’s not too crowded for them, early birds get the best spots but the beach is 8 miles long with plenty of room when the tide is out. RIP Olivia Neutron Bomb. Your neon lights will shine for you in Xanadu. Art bit, adding some more darkness to yesterdays tree. Hoe you all have a decent day of it. I shall have lofty and then think about a walk into town before it gets too hot.

upload_2022-8-9_7-51-23.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Had a lovely relaxing day yesterday. Finished my Rebus book which I bought in 2020 and started reading a new book.

Hedges are due to be cut today and the garage has just phoned to say that the Pirelli tyres have been delivered.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah the cat cafe is now serving alcohol, I hope that your license is in order - if not, you can find a reasonable facsimile on the interweb and staple to your front gate. I can see a circle of green moths interspaced with green jack-o'-lanterns.
Thanks @dunelm

t0311.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another blue sky thought provoking day here in the dark and dangerous north. Plans are afoot for the girl in the bubble to go to the beach after nursery and meet up with other small folk, cousins, in a variety of sizes and flavors. I hope it’s not too crowded for them, early birds get the best spots but the beach is 8 miles long with plenty of room when the tide is out. RIP Olivia Neutron Bomb. Your neon lights will shine for you in Xanadu. Art bit, adding some more darkness to yesterdays tree. Hoe you all have a decent day of it. I shall have lofty and then think about a walk into town before it gets too hot.

View attachment 55844
This is becoming an amazing tree!
Enjoy the beach with the little ones @dunelm
t119014.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello again from a sun drenched, parched East Anglia where North Norfolk saw some spectacular night time scenery early yesterday and some neat hedges today. A child care day here today with the cast, aged 1 to 9, growing at intervals to four. @gennepher thank you for the creative and details of the beer festival. Good news on the reduced need for bird food. @dunelm thank you for sharing your developing art and enjoy the stroll and beach if you partake. Have a safe, sun kissed day.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again from a sun drenched, parched East Anglia where North Norfolk saw some spectacular night time scenery early yesterday and some neat hedges today. A child care day here today wit the cast, aged 1 to 9, growing at intervals to four. @gennepher thank you for the creative and details of the beer festival. Good news on the reduced need for bird food. @dunelm thank you for sharing your developing art and enjoy the stroll and beach if you partake. Have a safe, sun kissed day.
Thanks Ian
:happy:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who bask in the glory of it’s “another day”, que song, but then again the operative word could be bask in sun, who knows?
A 5.8 this morning on that meter, I must drink more water to minimise heat stress and stay hydrated.
We are still moving furniture around, staying indoors out of the sun and I am trying to de clutter while Mrs J is fighting a winning battle and issuing instructions or more correctly orders.
30 years ago today I was in a medically induced coma with a 4% chance of survival which goes some way to explain why I have little tolerance for the woke and Calvinistic and all they stand for. Whew that’s a bit heavy for me.
Well fellow posters and painters and I hope you all are well, enjoy today national bin day is approaching fast just over tomorrow’s horizon.
Now I must go and do as I am told……well nearly.