What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
Thanks to all for you thoughts and comments on my posting yesterday.
A 5.7 on that meter this morning.
Here in sweltering Tilehurst Towers fans are fanning, water is being drunk and indoor shade is the name of the game, whoops sorry far to hot for games.
Oh dear I feel an attack of afternoon nap approachinzzzzzzzzzz

lindisfel

Expert
Hello everyone from another sun drenched, dry as a bone day here on the border (other Eagles songs are much better but I like the LP) between the East and West of East Anglia. My blessings today obviously start with still being in this world then move on to having a grandson here. The warm weather and concomitant freedom to dress very much unlike the Michelin Man are next in line. I have tea for the hydration pre-loading. Later there will be salmon and salad so I'd say I've been over indulged in the giving of daily bread stakes. Thanks be to God. Two sons set off to amble up Scafell Pike for charity. - One son works for RBL Coolbox, 4 walking poles, hats and a sleeping bag provided. Pre-school end of day collection and return home needed today and collection from Cambs Monday morning. . @gennepher worrying tale of that screwdriver but thanks for the kaleidoscope. @dunelm those steps are looking majestic, thank you. Enjoy the trips and time with loved ones. @Krystyna23040 great fbg. Temptation cuts both ways but you always seem to walk the line so well. (Sorry Johnny, but I'm not a fan of yours.). Stay safe, well hydrated, suitably attired (including head wear) and slathered in factor 50 if needed.
A little warm even up here in the N.W.at 29 Deg C today and has caused us to get into the cool parts of the cottage. With two downstairs bedrooms facing north it is never too hot to sleep.

l Think a little warm for going up Sca fell, Ian.
I remember such a day in 1976 going up Hellvellyn via striding edge with Marjorie's younger brother and young sister plus Helen. Two of us swam in Red Tarn on the way down and dried off in the Sun, the Tarn was full of small fish.
I am afraid we gave no thought to how cold the water was, such things were not mentioned in those days.As the responsible adult and guide I should have known better.
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A little warm even up here in the N.W.at 29 Deg C today and has caused us to get into the cool parts of the cottage. With two downstairs bedrooms facing north it is never too hot to sleep.

l Thare1ink a little warm for going up Sca fell, Ian.
I remember such a day in 1976 going up Hellvellyn via striding edge with Marjorie's younger brother and young sister plus Helen. Two of us swam in Red Tarn on the way down and dried off in the Sun, the Tarn was full of small fish.
I am afraid we gave no thought to how cold the water was, such things were not mentioned in those days.As the responsible adult and guide I should have known better.
Derek
Glad the cool parts of the cottage allows good sleep. It will be interesting to see how Health and Safety conscious RBL are over the walk. As for 1976, the past certainly is a different country and despite so much contemporary "revisionist historiography" - is it too woke to call lies, lies now? - it was never some mythical paradise. You take care.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Curates Egg type of week but overall a win imho. Is your bg sub 8 by any chance? Have a great weekend but maybe tinged with sadness come 6 O'clock Sunday evening. I'm counting anything better than a 3 goal beating for us as major progress.

Nephews BIG Chelsea fans

Not too happy with the Everton game
Not anticipating a spanking, but thinks spurs might have the edge

So yeah, tears before bedtime, maybe

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nephews BIG Chelsea fans

Not too happy with the Everton game
Not anticipating a spanking, but thinks spurs might have the edge

So yeah, tears before bedtime, maybe
Well we can't both lose so one of us will be happier than expected. My virtual money is on you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

I had my post and words about Midnight worked out last night for this morning, but that will have to be another day now.

When I locked up last night, everything was present and correct. And as it should be.

This morning I opened up to let the air go through the bungalow. But I noticed something orange on the concrete just out side my front gate. My front gate is not at the beginning of my driveway, but half way up, by the bungalow.

It was a very large screwdriver, larger than for any screws I have as an average householder.

I checked the car because it was next to that also. No damage on the care. It had not been used on the car. And if the screwdriver had been thrown there, there was no evidence of it landing on the car first.

So I took several photos. I didn't touch it. I didn't have a big enough sterile plastic bag for it, so I had to use a carrier bag and I put it in a safe place. I am in full view of Mr Insensitive Xmas Lights neighbour's fish eye 'spy' camera all the while I am doing this. So, he will have information on this camera as to who put that screwdriver there.

But you know how he is, the most objectionable neighbour ever. This screwdriver has not fallen off the dividing wall, because it has an apex at the top, so it has been dropped from the spot on my property, or thrown over.

I think whoever had that screwdriver and to be that far up my driveway, had a nefarious purpose. It was not there when I locked up at 10 pm last night.

I often go to the gate in the middle of night when I make a cup of tea in the kitchen when I can't sleep to watch the moon. I think that has been knocked in the head now for safety purposes. I wouldn't stand much chance if that long heavy screwdriver was driven in my front or back. And the chances are no one would find me until morning, and I would just be congealed blood on the concrete by then.

I need to find my locks for this wrought iron gate today. And they will be locked overnight again.

Because of the heat many of the neighbours are leaving their windows wide open during the hours of darkness, so, I presume there are opportunists about. None of my windows are open in the night, except one in my bedroom, which is locked in the groove, and is only open a minuscule amount.

So, here in TinyPlanets app for my creative today is the offending screwdriver. I won't be handing it to anyone, only to the police if they call. But I doubt that will happen.

Have a lovely day in this heatwave.
It is already 25C here. I think we were promised 32 C for later today...

View attachment 55885
That screwdriver was really scary @gennepher. I do hope that you found the locks for your gate.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reads like a court case..."If it pleases the court, m'lud....Exhibit A..to whit, one empty ice cream container"..:hilarious:

Congratulations on such a good reading though.
I'm calling that a WIN...:happy:
You are right, it does read like a court case.
I was surprised by the low reading. If I was a scientist on the payroll of Walls Ice Cream my research would prove that ice cream lowered blood sugars and was an effective treatment for T2D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Post script to yesterday.

Pub as such is a pop up one, in a churches grounds.

Church has quite a lot going on in it, kindergarten & boot sales at weekend

Anyway, lovely little spot in the heart of our local-ish community.

Facilities are inside the church
Seems a little odd but sensible.

A good Catholic boy here, so I treat it with respect
Use the toilet and then glance inside the chapel area.

It's empty, but I'm struck by its beauty & serenity.
And just stand there, taking in the moment.

Likely the beer, but my mind this morning, in that not asleep, but not really awake either, moment, was looking through so much this morning, much more of the ethereal then normal.

Can only describe it as rounding off a few edges and giving a more defined 'shape: to this whole accident & recovery experience.

A little too hippie/60’s for you .?

Yeah, I know what you mean, but it's the best description I have to offer.

I just 'Feel' a little blessed,.today :)
Your week definitely ended with a WIN - even though you did have a bit of a bumpy ride initially.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the metropolis that is Birmingham - well, Solihull really but who’s counting. Wonderful afternoon with the ninky nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse yesterday and generally catching up with son and daughter in law. Off to Bristol later this morning so hope that the roads are not jammed with other car users - I booked this trip weeks ago. Art bit, my finished set of steps. Hope you all have a pleasant Saturday. Stay safe, glad you have now padlocked that gate @gennepher. Must track down some Koffy.

upload_2022-8-13_7-14-25.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the metropolis that is Birmingham - well, Solihull really but who’s counting. Wonderful afternoon with the ninky nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse yesterday and generally catching up with son and daughter in law. Off to Bristol later this morning so hope that the roads are not jammed with other car users - I booked this trip weeks ago. Art bit, my finished set of steps. Hope you all have a pleasant Saturday. Stay safe, glad you have now padlocked that gate @gennepher. Must track down some Koffy.

View attachment 55904
Thanks @dunelm

Glad you had a good day yesterday.

Art bit - I like this new series with the dark skies and moon...

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Saturday morning.

I found the lock for the gates, so my gates are locked up overnight now.

Yesterday afternoon (Friday), a text finally came through at 5:30 pm to say my eye drops were ready. it was honestly far too late in the day (with the heat) for me to go out and get them, but I knew it was that nice lady counter assistant who had pushed and pushed for them, like she said she would for me. And I wanted to say thank you personally to her.

Pharmacy closes at 6:30 pm, so I had to get moving Got there for 6:15 pm, and she was there with my eyedrops. But she gave me two small paper bags of meds. Apparently the ones I needed still hadn't come through at 4.45 pm Friday afternoon, so she pushed one more time for them. And because nothing had been approved yet for the ones I needed, two tubes of my night time eyedrops had been sent as an emergency measure (they are like Vaseline, I cannot see once I put them in!). But a few minutes later, the approval finally came through for the ones I needed. So do you want both lots she said? Oh yes thank you, I said, I am now low on my night time ones. That worked out well she smiled. I told her how grateful I was for putting all that effort in for me.

She was a star.

And on the way home I called in the fish&chip shop to see if the fish was fresh, caught that morning. It was. I stopped in the park to eat it...it was delicious...

And the second I got home I fell asleep.

I woke up in time to lock up for the night, but I forgot my tomatoes. Some beastie in the night has taken my orange tomatoes but left them on the ground...

Creative is my spring onions (and I think garlic) which I left to flower. The white flowers are magnificent. So a kaleidoscope in Laboscope.

Now I need a sleep in the cooler morning air (my brain feels muggy). It wasn't cold enough last night for me in my bedroom, despite fans and ice etc. And I bit my tongue badly in the night. Ouch.

A cuppa tea first...
Make the most of today...

FB11F10D-1AFB-4535-8743-8CC1DFC8EE3A.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Saturday morning.

I found the lock for the gates, so my gates are locked up overnight now.

Yesterday afternoon (Friday), a text finally came through at 5:30 pm to say my eye drops were ready. it was honestly far too late in the day (with the heat) for me to go out and get them, but I knew it was that nice lady counter assistant who had pushed and pushed for them, like she said she would for me. And I wanted to say thank you personally to her.

Pharmacy closes at 6:30 pm, so I had to get moving Got there for 6:15 pm, and she was there with my eyedrops. But she gave me two small paper bags of meds. Apparently the ones I needed still hadn't come through at 4.45 pm Friday afternoon, so she pushed one more time for them. And because nothing had been approved yet for the ones I needed, two tubes of my night time eyedrops had been sent as an emergency measure (they are like Vaseline, I cannot see once I put them in!). But a few minutes later, the approval finally came through for the ones I needed. So do you want both lots she said? Oh yes thank you, I said, I am now low on my night time ones. That worked out well she smiled. I told her how grateful I was for putting all that effort in for me.

She was a star.

And on the way home I called in the fish&chip shop to see if the fish was fresh, caught that morning. It was. I stopped in the park to eat it...it was delicious...

And the second I got home I fell asleep.

I woke up in time to lock up for the night, but I forgot my tomatoes. Some beastie in the night has taken my orange tomatoes but left them on the ground...

Creative is my spring onions (and I think garlic) which I left to flower. The white flowers are magnificent. So a kaleidoscope in Laboscope.

Now I need a sleep in the cooler morning air (my brain feels muggy). It wasn't cold enough last night for me in my bedroom, despite fans and ice etc. And I bit my tongue badly in the night. Ouch.

A cuppa tea first...
Make the most of today...

View attachment 55905
@gennepher that nice lady counter assistant was definitely a star. Great that you got your eye meds.
Hope your tongue heals fast.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Today I must stop playing so much Mah Jong on my computer and do a bit more admin.

Am really enjoying the early morning and late evening dog walks, not so much the one I do on my own after lunch as it is so hot. Am pleased though that I have done my 10K steps every day.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who inhabit these now tropical shores, but not etc, etc, etc.
Wow, pills and potions obtained, paintings done by our regulars very nice, @Krystyna23040 I thought your weakness was suduko, not Mahjong? Well done on the paces. Over the last year my daily average was 8152, I take my hat off to you.
Bloods this morning were 5.6 .
Here in tropical Tilehurst Towers it now time to get tasks done before this afternoon’s forecasted temperatures.
Stay safe, cool and hydrated all.