What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on what has become a standard July/August day here in Summer '22. I'm minimally kitted and mainly through my daily stage of duty for the morning. No childminding today but thoughts and prayers for the safety and welfare of 2 sons walking for charity and one playing cricket for pleasure and wellbeing. @gennepher good news on the locked gates, eye meds and fish, not so good on the bitten tongue. Thanks for the loboscope. @dunelm those steps and the firmament are majestic (other wine retailers are available). Yesterday sounds like a Lou Read day with those youngsters. (@jjraak Sunday may be an Elbow day for one of us) I hope the journey to Bristol goes well. Fuel costs should be minimal via smart car but any comfort or koffy stops will be eye wateringly expensive. @Krystyna23040 Walls are sending a goodie bag for the celebrity endorsement. Three dog walks and 10k steps in a heatwave - top work Ma'am. This (2nd one) seemed appropriate for you. We like Salthouse but the pub always seems rammed. However, halloumi fries with that view:woot: @lindisfel you may be interested in this - as a schoolboy I attended the official opening ceremony by the Duke of Edinburgh. Have a well hydrated, slip. slap, slop day in the shade as much as possible.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who inhabit these now tropical shores, but not etc, etc, etc.
Wow, pills and potions obtained, paintings done by our regulars very nice, @Krystyna23040 I thought your weakness was suduko, not Mahjong? Well done on the paces. Over the last year my daily average was 8152, I take my hat off to you.
Bloods this morning were 5.6 .
Here in tropical Tilehurst Towers it now time to get tasks done before this afternoon’s forecasted temperatures.
Stay safe, cool and hydrated all.
@alf_Josiah Unfortunately I have a weakness for both of them. Many many years ago I downloaded a Mah Jong game and luckily (or unluckily) it has functioned fine with every update of Windows operating system I have installed. Averaging 8152 is really good. Usually, when I am not working that is my average, but as I do want to have the Aldeburgh Ice cream on the menu of the hotel we are staying in next week I have been keeping the steps up so my numbers stay low until then.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone on what has become a standard July/August day here in Summer '22. I'm minimally kitted and mainly through my daily stage of duty for the morning. No childminding today but thoughts and prayers for the safety and welfare of 2 sons walking for charity and one playing cricket for pleasure and wellbeing. @gennepher good news on the locked gates, eye meds and fish not so good on the bitten tongue. Thanks for the loboscope. @dunelm those steps and the firmament are majestic (other wine retailers are available). Yesterday sounds like a Lou Read day with those youngsters. (@jjraak Sunday may be an Elbow day for one of us) I hope the journey to Bristol goes well. Fuel costs should be minimal via smart car but any comfort or koffy stops will be eye wateringly expensive. @Krystyna23040 Walls are sending a goodie bag for the celebrity endorsement. Three dog walks and 10k steps in a heatwave - top work Ma'am. This (2nd one) seemed appropriate for you. We like Salthouse but the pub always seems rammed. However, halloumi fries with that view:woot: @lindisfel you may be interested in this - as a schoolboy I attended the official opening ceremony by the Duke of Edinburgh. Have a well hydrated, slip. slap, slop day in the shade as much as possible.
Thanks Ian
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I am looking forward to the promised thunderstorms tomorrow.

My brain and me are fried in this heat. I am not functional.

Birds - their fatballs are melting into evil shapes on the ground.

Cats - I had a shock when I went into the kitchen at midnight to make a cuppa tea. I walked into this huge black monstrous black shape all over the floor. I recoiled in horror. The shape recoiled in horror and got ready to flee. It was Midnight. He realised he had frightened me and is doing slow blink after slow blink after slow blink. Obviously Midnight can use the cat flap to come in now. I think he is officially a house cat if he can enter the bungalow in the middle of the night. He had morphed into a huge black puddle, to get the maximum effect from the floor fan which had been on all night.

The other cats - Jade collapsed once in this heat (that I saw in my garden. So I had to cool her down, but once she ate some wet cat food, then she was steadier on her feet. Ammy has collapsed twice to my knowledge. She is the very small little black cat. Each time she came to me for help, and just came into my hands. She has never let me near her until now. I cooled her down, gave her some wet cat food, and then she disappeared quickly.. The two gingers seem to be doing fine without any help.

This morning - all cats are present and corrects and look bright and chirpy. All have eaten something.

The wild beasts in the night - they had dug up more stuff and my ornamental ivy which has taken years to grow. So last night I put a kilo of dry cat biscuits in back garden, and a second kilo in the front garden. As well as water. All was gone this morning....how many beasties are there?

Two wildlife trail cameras were ordered and should have arrived yesterday. But didn't. I assume heat problems of some nature. But I cannot find my old camera SD cards which I was going to use. I know where they should be because I sorted them out a couple of months ago. So the garden nighttime beasties will have to remain a mystery....

Creative is Fox&Cubs, a beautiful orange wild flower in my garden. As kaleidoscope in Laboscope. There was only one left, so I had transferred it to my vegetable garden before the heatwave. Good job I did or I would have lost it in this heat. The parasols are working well shading my vegetable garden. I have not lost anything in it yet...

I am going back to sleep. Wake me up when this heatwave is over...

0C67FEE9-A8E6-4D0E-97F5-B554AA936E79.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. It was already getting warm on our 6am dog walk. Yesterday I did loads of admin but nearly melted in the upstairs office.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from Bristol. Not much time to catch up but will as soon as I can. Off to the Van Gough Immersive Experience this morning and then meeting up with my brother for dinner. He works at the weekend as a private hairdresser for folk who like to splash the cash. Think canapés, Champaign and “ooh! Are you going on your holidays?”
Art bit - the bare bones of something, begun while hiding from the heat before going to dinner. Have a fabulous day if you can. I must get myself down to breakfast and hunt for koffy.

upload_2022-8-14_8-31-52.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from Bristol. Not much time to catch up but will as soon as I can. Off to the Van Gough Immersive Experience this morning and then meeting up with my brother for dinner. He works at the weekend as a private hairdresser for folk who like to splash the cash. Think canapés, Champaign and “ooh! Are you going on your holidays?”
Art bit - the bare bones of something, begun while hiding from the heat before going to dinner. Have a fabulous day if you can. I must get myself down to breakfast and hunt for koffy.

View attachment 55915
Enticing beginning to today's drawing @dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who sailed on the good ship lollipop and jumped ship at the first port although alcoholic beverages are available.
A 5.3 this morning on that meter that has taken to living in the fridge during this tropical spell.
During the hottest part of the day Mrs J has taken to sorting out old paperwork which means me, me’s and myself have to help, questions along the lines of “Do we need to keep your cycling proficiency certificate?” Need to be answered. 11 folders cleared so far.
Well fellow posters and painters stay safe, stay cool and stay hydrated.
Hopefully attached is how me, me’s and myself like to start my day before life, the universe and everything begin. Sorry I can’t get the picture rotation icon to function, put it down to user incompetence or should the word be incontinence? edit @gennepher in the picture on the left are 3 planters I made for Mrs J and did we keep the cycling proficiency certificate, of course you never known when you might need such things.
42C13FFC-4E3A-4F7D-BCB4-2EBB184CEDD6.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone from a sun drenched, parched meeting of The Brecks and The Fens. Swipe left for Brecks, Swipe right for Fens. @gennepher that sounds quite a scary midnight encounter. Wonderful kaleidoscope but 2 kgs of dry cat biscuits per night must drain resources. @dunelm thank you for the art, the crumbling arches seem entirely appropriate for a few of us here. Certainly not the spry, crisp but dry @Krystyna23040 and the esteemed Mr K. Is a heatwave reason to pause warm sausage roll imbibing? @alf_Josiah a terraced Tilehurst garden offering you a welcome in the hillside each morning - splendid. These are on our route into Addenbrookes and pass for the local highlands. One can smell the wealth in passing. We also pass this each time and since Docky is very niche Fen lingo we must visit since no self respecting Fen Tiger would go without Docky. Stay cool, calm, collected and hydrated everyone because just in case you hadn't heard ..........

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who sailed on the good ship lollipop and jumped ship at the first port although alcoholic beverages are available.
A 5.3 this morning on that meter that has taken to living in the fridge during this tropical spell.
During the hottest part of the day Mrs J has taken to sorting out old paperwork which means me, me’s and myself have to help, questions along the lines of “Do we need to keep your cycling proficiency certificate?” Need to be answered. 11 folders cleared so far.
Hopefully attached is how me, me’s and myself like to start my day before life, the universe and everything begin. Sorry I can’t get the picture rotation icon to function, put it down to user incompetence or should the word be incontinence? edit @gennepher in the picture on the left are 3 planters I made for Mrs J and did we keep the cycling proficiency certificate, of course you never known when you might need such things.

Glorious start to the day, it looks like, @alf_Josiah
42C13FFC-4E3A-4F7D-BCB4-2EBB184CEDD6~2.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I am looking forward to the promised thunderstorms tomorrow.

My brain and me are fried in this heat. I am not functional.

Birds - their fatballs are melting into evil shapes on the ground.

Cats - I had a shock when I went into the kitchen at midnight to make a cuppa tea. I walked into this huge black monstrous black shape all over the floor. I recoiled in horror. The shape recoiled in horror and got ready to flee. It was Midnight. He realised he had frightened me and is doing slow blink after slow blink after slow blink. Obviously Midnight can use the cat flap to come in now. I think he is officially a house cat if he can enter the bungalow in the middle of the night. He had morphed into a huge black puddle, to get the maximum effect from the floor fan which had been on all night.

The other cats - Jade collapsed once in this heat (that I saw in my garden. So I had to cool her down, but once she ate some wet cat food, then she was steadier on her feet. Ammy has collapsed twice to my knowledge. She is the very small little black cat. Each time she came to me for help, and just came into my hands. She has never let me near her until now. I cooled her down, gave her some wet cat food, and then she disappeared quickly.. The two gingers seem to be doing fine without any help.

This morning - all cats are present and corrects and look bright and chirpy. All have eaten something.

The wild beasts in the night - they had dug up more stuff and my ornamental ivy which has taken years to grow. So last night I put a kilo of dry cat biscuits in back garden, and a second kilo in the front garden. As well as water. All was gone this morning....how many beasties are there?

Two wildlife trail cameras were ordered and should have arrived yesterday. But didn't. I assume heat problems of some nature. But I cannot find my old camera SD cards which I was going to use. I know where they should be because I sorted them out a couple of months ago. So the garden nighttime beasties will have to remain a mystery....

Creative is Fox&Cubs, a beautiful orange wild flower in my garden. As kaleidoscope in Laboscope. There was only one left, so I had transferred it to my vegetable garden before the heatwave. Good job I did or I would have lost it in this heat. The parasols are working well shading my vegetable garden. I have not lost anything in it yet...

I am going back to sleep. Wake me up when this heatwave is over...

View attachment 55914
Really good news that Midnight has because an indoor cat. Good to hear that you are cooling the other cats down. Hopefully this is the last day of the heatwave.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 55916
That was a good hot day activity, sorting old cycling proficiency tests...
I got a bit of a crick in my neck turning the phone round and round to see the photo @alf_Josiah
4761DDAE-5266-4679-B880-BAE02738B17A.jpeg

So, I stuck it in one place (with a bit of UHU)
;)
I would love this view in a morning with a cuppa tea...

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone from a sun drenched, parched meeting of The Brecks and The Fens. Swipe left for Brecks, Swipe right for Fens. @gennepher that sounds quite a scary midnight encounter. Wonderful kaleidoscope but 2 kgs of dry cat biscuits per night must drain resources. @dunelm thank you for the art, the crumbling arches seem entirely appropriate for a few of us here. Certainly not the spry, crisp but dry @Krystyna23040 and the esteemed Mr K. Is a heatwave reason to pause warm sausage roll imbibing? @alf_Josiah a terraced Tilehurst garden offering you a welcome in the hillside each morning - splendid. These are on our route into Addenbrookes and pass for the local highlands. One can smell the wealth in passing. We also pass this each time and since Docky is very niche Fen lingo we must visit since no self respecting Fen Tiger would go without Docky. Stay cool, calm, collected and hydrated everyone because just in case you hadn't heard ..........
It might be a heck of a drain on resources, but it is costing me more to repair the damage they are causing... @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really good news that Midnight has because an indoor cat. Good to hear that you are cooling the other cats down. Hopefully this is the last day of the heatwave.
Thanks @Krystyna23040
It is...
He seems thoroughly comfortable indoors now.
I hope I can start doing normal things tomorrow. I cannot eat food in this heatwave.
I managed scrambles eggs this am, but it is not sitting well in me.
Hope your day is a good one.

lindisfel

Expert
Hello everyone on what has become a standard July/August day here in Summer '22. I'm minimally kitted and mainly through my daily stage of duty for the morning. No childminding today but thoughts and prayers for the safety and welfare of 2 sons walking for charity and one playing cricket for pleasure and wellbeing. @gennepher good news on the locked gates, eye meds and fish, not so good on the bitten tongue. Thanks for the loboscope. @dunelm those steps and the firmament are majestic (other wine retailers are available). Yesterday sounds like a Lou Read day with those youngsters. (@jjraak Sunday may be an Elbow day for one of us) I hope the journey to Bristol goes well. Fuel costs should be minimal via smart car but any comfort or koffy stops will be eye wateringly expensive. @Krystyna23040 Walls are sending a goodie bag for the celebrity endorsement. Three dog walks and 10k steps in a heatwave - top work Ma'am. This (2nd one) seemed appropriate for you. We like Salthouse but the pub always seems rammed. However, halloumi fries with that view:woot: @lindisfel you may be interested in this - as a schoolboy I attended the official opening ceremony by the Duke of Edinburgh. Have a well hydrated, slip. slap, slop day in the shade as much as possible.
Thanks Ian,
Reservoirs and rubbish tips are some of the best places to see birds like gulls.
We did see them in N.Z. many moons ago....30 years ago.
Some of these birders have great expertise which is honed by visits to most countries on the planet..
The local headmaster is a good case in point.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 55915
Hope you had a wonderful time at the Van Gough Immersive Experience @dunelm . I am so envious.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, a heatwave is a reason to pause warm sausage roll imbibing as it is too hot to take the dogs walking after 7am. Hopefully it is cooler tomorrow as we are off to Dunwich for 2/3 dayd.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040
It is...
He seems thoroughly comfortable indoors now.
I hope I can start doing normal things tomorrow. I cannot eat food in this heatwave.
I managed scrambles eggs this am, but it is not sitting well in me.
Hope your day is a good one.
My day has been a good one @gennepher. Have done rather a lot of reading and relaxing and a bit of sorting of clothes for our little trip to Dunwich. Thank goodness we were not there during the heatwave.

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, a question for @gennepher and that greaser gentleman @jjraak , or anybody else that cares to enlighten me as to how I rotate a picture in this app.
Many thanks
Alf.
Hand and footnote yesterday evening I was tasked with going to the local Tesco’s to get a few things that Mrs J needed for cooking a few dishes yesterday evening for later in the week, Items finally located then, off to self checkout as all the tills were closed, As usual I did something wrong and a very nice Tesco lady came to help me, 1st problem solved, but not the second I had forgotten to bring my wallet, so the nice lady had to return all the items to shelves and I return home pick up my wallet and repeat the whole process again, with the help of the same nice Tesco lady who graciously accepted my profuse apologies.
Sometimes I’m not allowed out without supervision.