What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to all from a cooler "Little America." Still just mild enough for me to have my valet, Howgreeen, select a lightweight top, shorts and sandals but others will probably appreciate the ability to sleep better. Thanks for all the good wishes for yesterday. Scans are painless procedures but the results are embargoed from the patient until scrutinised by experts. Sorry Govey but we really do need them. @dunelm that structure is being fleshed out nicely. Thank you. @gennepher thanks for the kaleidoscope and good news that The Neurons have reformed for more concerts. What patience you showed with Ammy as indeed you do with all the wildlife. @Krystyna23040 the ice cream dessert left your fbg as calm as a millpond. Enjoy breakfast. Have a good but safe day everyone.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello to all from a cooler "Little America." Still just mild enough for me to have my valet - Howgreen- select a lightweight top, shorts and sandals but others will probably appreciate the ability to sleep better. Thanks for the good wishes for yesterday. Scans are painless procedures but the results are embargoed from the patient until scrutinised by experts. Sorry Govey but we really do need them. @dunelm that structure is being fleshed out nicely. Thank you. @gennepher thanks for the kaleidoscope and good news that The Neurons have reformed for more concerts. What patience you showed with Ammy as indeed you do with all the wildlife. @Krystyna23040 the ice cream dessert left your fbg as calm as a millpond. Enjoy breakfast. Have a good but safe day everyone.

Thanks @ianpspurs
They all deserve time and attention. And I have plenty of time for that.
Hope the scan gives the results you need them to give.
Enjoy your morning tea...

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. A much appreciated cooler start to today. Two weeks into the additional Gliclazide and my fbs this morning was 14.9!:banghead: Yesterday it went down to 10.2 so was hopeful that the trend was dropping but apparently not.
I was trimming the hedge in front of our caravan the other day and to my surprise look what I discovered. No sign of any inhabitants but I carefully covered it with the hedge and left it alone just in case. Does anyone know what type of birds have built it? We haven't been there much recently so it could have been built a while ago. We have had wrens nest nearby in the past. A lovely surprise. Best wishes to you all. Have a safe and happy week. :)
IMG_20220808_180741.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful to hear from you. Mixed post what with the still errant fbg offset by the much appreciated cooler weather. Very noble to cover the nest but trimming hedges during the extreme heat sounds daring. I must say that when we had hedges I took my cue from the farmers and waited until late September, early October, when birds had fledged, before trimming. All tidy for when the clocks changed and Christmas lights to be strung along the top. They also left the trimmings and fallen leaves as mulch. Cut back autumn fruiting raspberries and start pruning apple and pear trees New year's Eve. Burn pile for next year's bonfire. Ah, memories. Take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. A much appreciated cooler start to today. Two weeks into the additional Gliclazide and my fbs this morning was 14.9!:banghead: Yesterday it went down to 10.2 so was hopeful that the trend was dropping but apparently not.
I was trimming the hedge in front of our caravan the other day and to my surprise look what I discovered. No sign of any inhabitants but I carefully covered it with the hedge and left it alone just in case. Does anyone know what type of birds have built it? We haven't been there much recently so it could have been built a while ago. We have had wrens nest nearby in the past. A lovely surprise. Best wishes to you all. Have a safe and happy week. :)View attachment 55946
The birds are still raising young. I still have baby birds in my garden @dogslife
I agree with @ianpspurs
And no cutting or trimming yet, unless the branch etc is a danger of falling.
It is cooler today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The birds are still raising young. I still have baby birds in my garden @dogslife
I agree with @ianpspurs
And no cutting or trimming yet, unless the branch etc is a danger of falling.
It is cooler today.
Next week's Gardener's question time will come from a mystery location here on Radio Diabetes. Now, Jim from Kent has a problem with his Ranunculus bulbosus. Sadly, Jim, wrong programme and as for the pictures, just no mate. Seek help at once :meh:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Next week's Gardener's question time will come from a mystery location here on Radio Diabetes. Now, Jim from Kent has a problem with his Ranunculus bulbosus. Sadly, Jim, wrong programme and as for the pictures, just no mate. Seek help at once :meh:
I remember J told me once. He was a teacher.
And he came into the classroom to a detailed drawing on the blackboard @ianpspurs
J studied the drawing, and then says to the class, 'I don't know who that belongs to, but he needs serious help immediately...'

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good late afternoon fellow posters and painters, been out and about today and ventured into deepest Surrey near where I used to live and work in previous life, ancient history, to left in the past.
Blood sugars this morning were a head scratching 4.8.
As with most of country we have been gifted with a little rain.
Take care all

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely relaxing day. Walked in Dunwich Forest then visited the excellent Dingle Hill Tea rooms where Mr K had coffee and walnut victoria sponge which he said was delicious. I only had coffee. As dinner is 7pm tonight I am now regretting not eating anything since breakfast.

We then visited The Dunwich Museum. An absolutely superb little museum. It was so interesting. Archie loved the coolness of the stone floor.

Back to the hotel we sat in the garden and read our books. Mr K had a pint of Wherry and I had a coffee. I am now so hungry and dinner is still an hour away.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this moving slowly art bits @dunelm It is great to see the ink drawing develop and flesh out bit by bit. I appreciate very much this detailed drawing, because it is something I used to love to do, but can't any more because of arthritis in the hands and all that rubbish...

It is like I am on the journey with you in this drawing...

Enjoy your day under that overcast sky...at least it is cooler...
Thank you @gennepher and so pleased that you are liking the journey.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

What to talk about today?
Finally my brain is reassembling from the fried egg status of the last few days. Slowly the neurons are reassembling (spellcheck keeps changing neurons to neutrons, spellcheck has lost the plot) in my brain.
It is great to be able to think some thoughts again, instead of being in this primordial heatwave soup.

A cheerful robin has just entered the garden.

Ammy the little black stray, I found in my kitchen yesterday. She had entered via the cat flap. She shot out like a bullet when I came in. So I thought she had gone when I opened the door, but no, she was sitting on the doorstep with her sweet little face asking politely if she could come in. So I said come in. She did. And went to the empty cat dish. I got some wet food for her, but she is an impatient little thing. Her nice countenance changed into a hissing, snarling, lashing with her paws beast. She was very hungry and I wasn't quick enough opening the sachet of cat food which was proving troublesome to open. It was devoured the moment the cat bowl touched the floor. She came up to me and asked for a second bowl being all nice and friendly. I had talked to her softly all the while, even when she was snarling and lashing at me. Then suddenly she vanished as if into thin air.

Today's activities? A lot of research is involved. And by the way that Pixel 3a phone that had an aberration on Sunday keeping unlocking itself as I was Skyping my daughter, and the Google Assistant giving answers to questions I was posing to my daughter in Oz, now won't talk to me since I told it to 'Shut up' on Sunday. She'll put the page up to a question I ask her, but won't read it out any more. She is silent. Obviously I have upset that sensitive Google Assistant. It was an annoying voice anyway, so it is no loss to me if Google Assistant is sulking.

Creative is the borage again. I quite like this star shape. A kaleidoscope in Laboscope again.

Now to make some more ice, the poor ice machine is also having problems in this heat as well, it only makes the smallest chunks of ice possible at the mo...

Oh heck, the photo file reducer was refusing to work this morning. Ten minutes of sweet talking to it, and it finally reduced the photo so I could post....

View attachment 55945
Not such a cool cat yet but perhaps soon and sulking tech is not worth the worry. Lovely Borrage.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to all from a cooler "Little America." Still just mild enough for me to have my valet, Howgreeen, select a lightweight top, shorts and sandals but others will probably appreciate the ability to sleep better. Thanks for all the good wishes for yesterday. Scans are painless procedures but the results are embargoed from the patient until scrutinised by experts. Sorry Govey but we really do need them. @dunelm that structure is being fleshed out nicely. Thank you. @gennepher thanks for the kaleidoscope and good news that The Neurons have reformed for more concerts. What patience you showed with Ammy as indeed you do with all the wildlife. @Krystyna23040 the ice cream dessert left your fbg as calm as a millpond. Enjoy breakfast. Have a good but safe day everyone.
Thank you @ianpspurs and I hope that little America gets a fair go at this rain.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely relaxing day. Walked in Dunwich Forest then visited the excellent Dingle Hill Tea rooms where Mr K had coffee and walnut victoria sponge which he said was delicious. I only had coffee. As dinner is 7pm tonight I am now regretting not eating anything since breakfast.

We then visited The Dunwich Museum. An absolutely superb little museum. It was so interesting. Archie loved the coolness of the stone floor.

Back to the hotel we sat in the garden and read our books. Mr K had a pint of Wherry and I had a coffee. I am now so hungry and dinner is still an hour away.
You have to be grateful for stone floors in this heat. Enjoy that dinner.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was trimming the hedge in front of our caravan the other day and to my surprise look what I discovered. No sign of any inhabitants but I carefully covered it with the hedge and left it alone just in case. Does anyone know what type of birds have built it? We haven't been there much recently so it could have been built a while ago. We have had wrens nest nearby in the past. A lovely surprise. Best wishes to you all. Have a safe and happy week. :)View attachment 55946
Good to hear from you and hope the yo-yo ma musical blood sugars sorts itself out. Can’t help with the nest identification but good that you covered it back up.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A rotten night's sleep, this upcoming CT scan playing on my mind more then I care to admit to myself even.
Left me unsuitable for any testing .

FIL's 79th birthday.

Not in the best shape to go, for a few reasons, , but since accident Laurens done most of her family socials alone.

I Decided no more.

Checked to make sure she was ok with that.
She was, ...IF I was sure .

I always ask if she wants me to go. And she knows I'll go if she needs me, but I also know she says not to bother, to protect me....
(how far we've fallen, but can't help love her for it :happy:)

Tonight I went..

Had a lovely evening.
told them AND got told by them WE/THEY are my family ...lovely moment .

Awkward but caring questions, carefully answered re accident, etc

Not truly awkward, and rather nice, if I'm honest.
What on earth was I worried about :rolleyes:

Yes, rather a lovely evening all round
:headphone:

Seems PTSD therapy is back on tomorrow...:)

I'd Rather finish regardless of the revelations, then be left on this plateau.

Rain + rain + rain today....so a cooler evening all round, thank goodness .

Sleep well. All.

Another day begins tomorrow.
:)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A rotten night's sleep, this upcoming CT scan playing on my mind more then I care to admit to myself even.

FIL's 79th birthday.

Not in the best shape to go, for a few reasons, , but since accident Laurens done most of her family socials alone.

I Decided no more.

I always ask if she wants me to go. And she knows I'll go if she needs me, but I also know she says not to bother, to protect me....

Tonight I went..

Had a lovely evening.

Sleep well. All.

A sure winner for going and a hug for your feelings of anxiety. What a journey and if you look back you can just about see the start, down there in the distance through the shimmering heat of the day. The going out bit might be fraught with all manner of dark thoughts but the cutting through it and getting out is such a tonic. Brava.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a sure start of a day where koffy abounds even if the day is still uncertain. Yesterday we visited some gardens and wandered round raising and collapsing umbrellas as the rain dictated. Brightened up about lunchtime though and Mrs Miggins got lots of ideas about for a rockery that she has been thinking about these past few months. We had a Chinese corner in our previous garden and we do miss having it. Art bit, another finished ink drawing so must think about what next. Have the best day that you can. I will now press the plunger on the cafetière and slurp some koffy.

upload_2022-8-17_7-5-9.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Lovely dinner and ice cream treat after. 4.5 before dinner - 9.10 two hours after.

It was really misty and atmospheric when we walked along the cliffs last night.

This morning we are doing a quick dog walk and then breakfast and hopefully off to Dunwich Heath where Mr K will get his National Trust sausage roll. That is if the rain holds off. Then back home.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

FIL's 79th birthday.

I Decided no more.

Tonight I went..

Had a lovely evening.

Sleep well. All.

We worry (almost needlessly) when we needn't worry about some things @jjraak
Glad you had a great evening.