What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been off the forum for a while. Been trying to be less obsessed with pricking fingers too often, while still checking a few times a week.

Last night 6.0
This morning- didn’t check

Planning a full check up later this week - Fingers crossed

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been off the forum for a while. Been trying to be less obsessed with pricking fingers too often, while still checking a few times a week.

Last night 6.0

Good to see you back and still keeping an eye on bg levels. Stay in touch we missed you.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's Ok @trick60
i've now cancelled the pitchforks and flaming torches march to Trick60 Towers...:D

Sat here having a splendid breakfast, a friend whatsapp me something about Gloria estefan
so youtube at the ready to listen to what she sent ..and this has now replaced the wretched song YOU gave me

so all good in da hood

Hit it Gloria....
( song title dedicated all of you on here, btw...:happy: )

and for those who haven't got here yet...
One of my all time Favs.

( what i wouldn't give to have one or two people back in my life.)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Last night 6.0

hows your slim twin doing..;)

nice to see your doing ok..and i get it.
excused this time, ( but stay in touch in future.)...:D

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Last night 6.0

Hi Shas welcome back, glad you found our new spiritual home! Good luck with the tests.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Results were spot on jjraak...not due back for another four weeks...don't buy a new meter if you call the makers they will likely send you another...they rarely make money on the meters it's the testing strips that bring the profits in...try it nothing to lose.
Sorry to butt in but great news Bubbsie hope life continues to get better. Probs way too soon but would you consider “one of your own”? Xx

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

my computer monitor appeared to have died this morning, no reasuring little blue standby light, no power. Thankfully after excavating the cables etc. from under the desk it was a power connection which had become unseated from it's socket :happy:
it's amazing (and a bit scary) how stressful being cut off from the internet feels to me now :sorry:

I love to check in at least once a day, if not more often, to see how we are all doing and how the world is with you ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.3 today

my computer monitor appeared to have died this morning, no reasuring little blue standby light, no power. Thankfully after excavating the cables etc. from under the desk it was a power connection which had become unseated from it's socket :happy:
it's amazing (and a bit scary) how stressful being cut off from the internet feels to me now :sorry:

I love to check in at least once a day, if not more often, to see how we are all doing and how the world is with you ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Agree..we are all Nonchalant..UNTIL it goes down....:arghh:

And i'm the same on here. and for the same reasons.

Enjoy the day, @geefull ..nice scores to start it off.:D

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slim AND Hench..a good look.
I BET he's pleased...:D:hilarious:

welcome back to the fold fella.:)

Here is the twin

5a5ca8eaf358bcf49b6b759683eeeccb.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
but would you consider “one of your own”? Xx
Thanks PM...you know its odd but life without Harry is tidier...less frantic & Churchill is loving having the place to himself again...he gets to eat his own food...sunbathe on the back doorstep & doesn't get chased...the floors stay relatively clean...having said that I'd have 'Plumpy' back in an instant...no other dog for me at the moment...possibly I will think about it in a while...maybe next year.

Reactions: Viv19