What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Tad low for me. Holiday started well, spent last night up the minor injuries clinic and gotta go back today for X-ray as it was too late for them to X-ray it last night. Looks like it’s gonna chuck it down with rain as well today.

Reactions: Viv19

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an interesting start to my day...a well dodgy (saarf London parlance) stomach has kept me busy...obviously eaten something that doesn't agree with me...possibly a day at home then enjoying the rain that's arriving anytime soon...possibly off to Birmingham tomorrow...then Leicester on Thursday finishing with London on Saturday I know how to travel:banghead:...woke to a not surprising 6.8

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, the meter of doom triumphantly threw a 9 at me this morning, gloating all the while! Goading me into trying again I didn't fall into its well laid trap, not on my watch doomie! Me and the wife are currently in competition with each other to see who can cough the loudest and the longest at the moment, she with her dulcet bark, coupled with a low gravely rumble and then me with a huge booming bellow, followed by a tenor grumble and a falsetto hitch at the end! And I'm coughing the old proverbial lung up during the night much to her annoyance! So I do believe that I have it both on noise and whinging at the end of the coughing fit! Oh the joys of coughing in tandem. Anyway enjoy your Tuesday every one.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning...an interesting start to my day...a well dodgy (saarf London parlance) stomach has kept me busy...obviously eaten something that doesn't agree with me...possibly a day at home then enjoying the rain that's arriving anytime soon...possibly off to Birmingham tomorrow...then Leicester on Thursday finishing with London on Saturday I know how to travel:banghead:...woke to a not surprising 6.8
Hugd bubbsie x

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 this morning. Tad low for me. Holiday started well, spent last night up the minor injuries clinic and gotta go back today for X-ray as it was too late for them to X-ray it last night. Looks like it’s gonna chuck it down with rain as well today.
Hugs fndwheelie hope xray turns out well x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning after a 19hr fast. Had a lovely time between classes - relaxing with coffees at my two favourite cafes.

Today have cancelled evening classes as I am having the last eye injection this evening. So will go over to a lovely pub and relax on their sofa drinking coffee as I wait for husband to pick me up to go to the hospital.

I am not going to spoil my day thinking about what happens next but I have been wondering why - when I am having the best blood sugars I have ever had - would my eyes suddenly get worse.

Edited to add: I did ask the eye clinic doctor but he didn't know. Also corrected several typos.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

No curries for you then in Birmingham.
Perhaps try some ginger tea with mint to try and settle your stomach.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 today, always happy with a 5. Weather here very different today, breezy and autumnal. Some friends coming for lunch today, relaxed affair with lots of chat planned. Bacon and Chicken Caesar Salad followed by raspberries and a scoop of Oppo on the menu. To drink I am making up a jug of Twinings Cold Infuse pyramid bags (Watermelon, mango & blood orange) which is carb free and really refreshing.
@jjraak hope you grab a nap before work. @Bubbsie hug for the dodgy tum, have a quiet day. @Bildad great BG, great restraint from carbs and great support for these young people. @Fndwheelie sorry to hear about the trip to A&E hope there is no serious damage and you can continue to enjoy your hols. @HarrisonK take care in London, at least the Boris dude is in Wales, I hear.
Have a good Tuesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning after a 19hr fast. Had a lovely time between classes - relaxing with coffees at my two favourite cafes.

Today have cancelled evening classes as I am having the last eye injection this evening. So will go over to a lovely pub and relax on their sofa drinking coffee as I wait for husband to pick me from to go to the hospital.

I am not going to spoil my day my thinking about what happens next but I have been wondering why - when I am having the best blood sugars I have ever had - would my eyes suddenly get worse.
Good luck with the injection. I had my last one (hope) last week and I have had non D numbers for 18 months. I think there is a theory that when you tighten control it takes a while for these things to settle down. Doesnt seem fair though.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks from our retreat in the outbacks of North Yorkshire. An early awakening at goodness knows o’clock by the pattering of feet on the roof of our lodge. Why can’t birds wake up at sensible hours? How can I get one of those noise abatement orders issued?

Anyhow, the wonder wheel of country living and a quite decent scotch on the balcony last night banged home a 4.9 at 0500.

Latest question (nothing to do with the war on the cat lady who now has twelve of the **** things) - Will Tim Ferriss’ 30g of protein at breakfast help you lose weight? An interesting read. In the video embedded in the article (link below) Tim Ferriss advocates eating 30g protein within 30 minutes of waking up as well as cutting any sort of milk from tea or koffy (watch video for more). The analysis in the article takes the protein thing a bit further.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/2018/07/13/does-tim-ferriss-30g-of-protein-work/

Looks like my breakfast or even an OMAD may be a three or four egg omelette packed with spinach.

Thunder storms have been promised by the fake news that is the BBC weather stone folk; a great opportunity to dance naked in your garden and do a load of howling. Have a great day if you can, big hugs to any who want’s one (on a strictly just as many as you need basis).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Today have cancelled evening classes as I am having the last eye injection this evening. So will go over to a lovely pub and relax on their sofa drinking coffee as I wait for husband to pick me up to go to the hospital.

I am not going to spoil my day thinking about what happens next but I have been wondering why - when I am having the best blood sugars I have ever had - would my eyes suddenly get worse.

Edited to add: I did ask the eye clinic doctor but he didn't know. Also corrected several typos.

All the best with your appointment.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak hope the early waking doesn't become a habit. It has taken me 3 years to mostly eradicate that problem - would have been a nightmare if working. @Bildad BG hoding up well, great support for these young people. Fasting is interesting. I found it can very easily become a default option, you seem to be made of more sensible stuff. @Fndwheelie sorry to hear about the trip to A&E but hope there is a simple solution and you can continue to enjoy your hols. @HarrisonK take care in London. @Krystyna23040 hope the injections go well. Yesterday sounds good and the pre hospital plan is sound as a pound. @Viv19 hug for trade off between good sleep and back pain and hope physio goes well. @PenguinMum menu sounds suitably tasty and those cold infusion teas are quite fun. @johnpol hug for your and Mrs JP but the way your post reads shows great humour in how you are dealing with the situation.
My fbg was 5.2 - nothing I can do about it now but wholly uninspiring. Sorry for bloviating

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

looking a bit cooler this morning with some haar.

We'll probably go out today to drop some stuff off at the charity shop and the recycling site ;)

Must remember to get some almond milk too, I use it for cooking mostly and it keeps for ages in the store cupboard (I get ASDA's own unsweetened variety).

Hope the eye injection goes smoothly @Krystyna23040
@Bubbsie hugs and I hope things settle down

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks from our retreat in the outbacks of North Yorkshire. An early awakening at goodness knows o’clock by the pattering of feet on the roof of our lodge. Why can’t birds wake up at sensible hours? How can I get one of those noise abatement orders issued?

Anyhow, the wonder wheel of country living and a quite decent scotch on the balcony last night banged home a 4.9 at 0500.

Latest question (nothing to do with the war on the cat lady who now has twelve of the **** things) - Will Tim Ferriss’ 30g of protein at breakfast help you lose weight? An interesting read. In the video embedded in the article (link below) Tim Ferriss advocates eating 30g protein within 30 minutes of waking up as well as cutting any sort of milk from tea or koffy (watch video for more). The analysis in the article takes the protein thing a bit further.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/2018/07/13/does-tim-ferriss-30g-of-protein-work/

Looks like my breakfast or even an OMAD may be a three or four egg omelette packed with spinach.

Thunder storms have been promised by the fake news that is the BBC weather stone folk; a great opportunity to dance naked in your garden and do a load of howling. Have a great day if you can, big hugs to any who want’s one (on a strictly just as many as you need basis).
Interesting article and video so thanks for that. Who manages to eat 2k cals of LC food though? Enjoy your omelette - 4 extra large would just about do it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A frustrating 6.4 for me this morning. Must try exercising it off.
Hope the eye injection isn’t too horrible @Krystyna23040 and that your physio is helpful not hurtful @Viv19 . @johnpol those coughs are so irritating, I could imagine exactly what they sound like. Hope you both recover soon and thanks for the smile your post gave me.
@Bildad I reckon you deserve a medal, fasting sounds like it may be the best option food wise, so well done for sticking with it.
@Bubbsie hope your tum settles before all that travelling.
@dunelm thanks for the protein info. I’ll take a closer look later on
@geefull thanks for the tip re Asda almond milk, I didn’t realise they had their own unsweetened one, the Alpro is quite expensive, I usually stock up when it’s on special offer. What’s the carb count on Asda’s?