What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I HATE reality shows.

Shout, shout..scream scream, argue argue argue......aaggghh.

IF we must have them, lets make them interesting.

if they REALLY want to be FAMOUS so much...:rolleyes:

Let the public vote for them to die one by one..until only one is left alive
(think there should be a law about it)

did i mention i HATE reality tv shows.
cheap a**** tv.
Just spat out my tea!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And in the US we get the added delights (NOT!) of programs being abruptly interrupted by commercials which are even worse than the programs. I have sat here surfing from channel to channel and seeing nothing BUT commercials! One after the other, after the other, after the other ...

Typical ...

"Ask your doctor if the new miracle drug floxotonicdabbadotabmab will work for you!" While the people in the ad play in the park, swing on the swings, run up the mountain, swim 50 meters in one breath, hums with the hummingbirds, all to the voice-over: "Side effects may include mild-to-severe heartburn, chest/back/leg/toe/heel/stomach/elbow/litte finger pain, rupture of any or all vital organs, sudden shattering of leg/hip/ankle/toe/other bones, sudden loss of temper/appetite/ability to swallow/laugh/speak/hug/breathe ..."

followed immediately by a different commercial: "If you have taken the drug floxotonicdabbadotabmab and suffered hives/chills/sweats/headache/heartbreak/ or death, call the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe."
Hilarious.

Bit like after xmas when the weight watchers ad comes on followed swiftly by the Ferraro Roche chocolate ad that has over run from xmas!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning each. 5.1 @ 3.30 now posting here @ 3.55 a good hour after actually waking. I have gained a kg which may be down to medication. None of that is cheering me up but I need to check my privilege. On this day in 1916 my great, great uncle Ben died in battle. This part of the fens would have been even more remote, smaller and farming dominated back then. His introduction to the wider world ended badly. I have his medals and the letters from the king (in the original frame his parents lovingly gave it) and his commanding officer to his parents. Now we have a group of posh, entitled frauds invoking faux bellicose sentiments and talking of dying in ditches. On behalf of Ben and all the others I am beyond disgusted.

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Huntingdonshire/Colne.html

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning with a 5.7 at 4 am.

A night of nightmares, fighting off invading Aliens, crowds of evacuees being guided by Dads Army type people dressed in pink uniforms, explosions and chaos, so real, where does all the nonsense come from? I blame all those posts about Grab Bags :). Then the headache and a million mile a hour thought processor going on inside my head which I bet even @HarrisonK with all his technical skill couldn't have sorted out, so I had to get up, hit the paracetamol and sit in my favourite chair. All OK now but not enough sleep and so Granddaughter day is going to be tough.

Still the sun is now shinning and the world is still in one piece and the troubles of the night are washed away.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Husband took doggies out this morning so that I could relax with a coffee before we shortly go shopping at Aldi.

Really it should have been me taking the doggies because he drove me to work yesterday and picked me up because the A47 was closed for resurfacing at 8pm and he knows I absolutely hate driving home down the little winding country roads.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...full of aches & pains today as a result of my hard work over the last few days so no hugs needed...got such a lot done here feeling rather pleased I have at least made a reasonable start...finally finished the front door & it is looking brilliant...todays 'torture' will involve sanding down & reoiling the kitchen worktops then hopefully enough energy to shampoo the upstairs & stairs carpets...woke to a 6.1

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Goood Moooorning Diabetics! Its only bloomin FRIDAY!! A weekend of lie ins, eating until you have to be rolled around and drinking until you have to take all your clothes off and climb trees!! Or in the Pollards Sanitorium for Extraordinary Bulldogs.....I have to adult, get up early, build things, cut the grass, hedges and put my arch nemesis up...…...Roman Blinds! spiteful things, anyway I digress, I didn't have the fight in me this morning for another 12 rounds with doomy, so I just took the 12.1 and meekly left the building, still running high for no reason that I can see so can only assume that its just what Diabetes does. so enjoy your Friday everyone and, climb a tree, run in fields, play with the furkids and above all enjoy it, and make memories whilst you do.

Take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 today. Lots going on today. Have to take the girls to rhe cattery in an hour which breaksmy heart a little. Then hunt down HiLo bread for Spain. Ironing, vacuuming, finish packing and then OH coming home early to collect me and we go to overnight at Gatwick for early flight tomo. Looking forward to seeing my brother who I havent seen since last Christmas.
@gennepher enjoy every minute with your daughter. @johnpol hug for the high FBG but lovely attitude put a smile on my face. You so deserve good bg. @Bubbsie I now have front door envy. @Muddy Cyclist hug for the disturbing dreams wonder what they mean.@ianpspurs sorry for the early rise but very poignant post about Ben and couldnt agree more with the sentiment. Lets all spare him a minute of our thoughts today.
@Cumberland hope you are ok. @trick60 likewise?
Well have a great Friday everyone. Stay well stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 today. Lots going on today. Have to take the girls to rhe cattery in an hour which breaksmy heart a little. Then hunt down HiLo bread for Spain. Ironing, vacuuming, finish packing and then OH coming home early to collect me and we go to overnight at Gatwick for early flight tomo. Looking forward to seeing my brother who I havent seen since last Christmas.
@gennepher enjoy every minute with your daughter. @johnpol hug for the high FBG but lovely attitude put a smile on my face. You so deserve good bg. @Bubbsie I now have front door envy. @Muddy Cyclist hug for the disturbing dreams wonder what they mean.@ianpspurs sorry for the early rise but very poignant post about Ben and couldnt agree more with the sentiment. Lets all spare him a minute of our thoughts today.
@Cumberland hope you are ok. @trick60 likewise?
Well have a great Friday everyone. Stay well stay safe.
Have great time in Spain and cherish the time with your brother.

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I now have front door envy
PM when I bought this house it was such a dump...in particular I always hated the front door...had so much work done the difference is remarkable...but the front door always bothered me after all it's the first thing I see when I get home...so I got to it...just waiting for the number plaque now...sending you a picture...have a lovely time in spain...relax & recharge

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning, bit of a surprise as I was so good yesterday. Sun is up bright and early so I need to get a riddle on as there's much to do :)

@Muddy Cyclist, I have had that dreamscape since I was 16 (no kiddin'). Alien invasion, crawling around in the mud helping people get clear, and Her Madge hiding in a bunker with Phillip. Still get it as an on-going saga of sorts, but no migraines.

My mate Tom (on a different forum) reckons my consciousness is jumping realities in the multiverse and would probably say that your migraine is caused by crossover mis-alignment when returning. However, Tom is missing the filling in his sandwich :wacky: so, best to ignore him ;)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I
Well said DJC it was the kind of NHS diatribe review many of us get from our health care professionals...tired uninformative and as you say I think relied too much on the low calories...but we'll get there.
Was too petrified to interrupt Haha. Didnt want to be dragged off with a shepherds hook! It's a good start.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I
Well said DJC it was the kind of NHS diatribe review many of us get from our health care professionals...tired uninformative and as you say I think relied too much on the low calories...but we'll get there.
Was too petrified to interrupt Haha. Didnt want to be dragged off with a shepherds hook! It's a good start.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I

Debs you gave a sterling performance you couldn't have done better...I was disappointed with the input from Dr Z...but that was to be expected given our own experiences...it's provoked discussion & others are listening...it's better than a good start it's a great start as it portrays T2's in such a different light...well done you can only move mountains little by little.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had I know there were only going to be so few questions it could have been so much better but I swatted up on so much I actually got brain freeze the night before going through it all with Eric!!!