What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez thank you for this link - it's really interesting and I have bookmarked it. According to this I am absolutely definitely in Remission and have been for ages so I am going back into my profile and will change it back to T2D in remission.

My DN said that if I am still on these good numbers we will need to decide how we continue after my next 6 months check. I said that I still want to continue with my 6 monthly checks.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning. Off to visit grandmother today, taking beading with me to measure her wrist and finish her bracelet. I must remember to take her birthday card too.

Whilst you folks are checking profiles could a couple of you please check out mine. I adjusted it yesterday to remove insulin. Im hoping it’s saying type 2 diet control only.

Beading update: I got the new clasps for the white ditties bracelet while it’s not exactly identical it’s within 2mm and my blind as a bat grandmother won’t see. I made and put together 5 triangles now, I will show some pics when it becomes less boring to look at.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 I also noticed your status? had changed to insulin dependent when your postings clearly showed an amazing journey from that point to full on all singing,all dancing remission. @Muddy Cyclist great start and enjoy your day with your granddaughter. My meter was in full on tergiversation mode this morning - as if in obsequious homage to Alexander and The Donald. I decided to select the 5.6 position statement fully aware that completely contradictory statements would be issued later. BG has caused me to mislay my gruntle lately but I expect it will turn up out of the blue one day. No mists yet but definitely mellow fruitfulness here. Distinct smell of fallen apples going winey from the large orchard bordering us. New TV arrives today in time for rugby world cup - can't watch Spurs on it tonight as the Team Know how installation crew don't come until tomorrow. Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8E613D01-29D6-43F8-B6B4-F382A3A3EDD9.png
4.2 this morning. Off to visit grandmother today, taking beading with me to measure her wrist and finish her bracelet. I must remember to take her birthday card too.

Whilst you folks are checking profiles could a couple of you please check out mine. I adjusted it yesterday to remove insulin. Im hoping it’s saying type 2 diet control only.

Beading update: I got the new clasps for the white ditties bracelet while it’s not exactly identical it’s within 2mm and my blind as a bat grandmother won’t see. I made and put together 5 triangles now, I will show some pics when it becomes less boring to look at.

I can find nothing which says insulin dependent. I enclose screenshot at the top which says diet only @Fndwheelie
But someone else, on a different device may see something different.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can find nothing which says insulin dependent. I enclose screenshot at the top which says diet only @Fndwheelie
But someone else, on a different device may see something different.
Thanks, I will withhold celebrations until further opinions are gathered, as we have seen before gremlins are at work here. LOL

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still having fbg of 5s and 6s :) :) :)
With no novarapid I'm having climbing bgs after 2hrs so yesterday I had to take 5units of insulin which I had not needed for a few days. Metformin reintroduction has brought back my menstrual cycle which seems to hv increased my IR a little. Still hv back pain and painkillers needed changing so hoping for a more balanced projection of weight loss and reduced IR.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez thank you for this link - it's really interesting and I have bookmarked it. According to this I am absolutely definitely in Remission and have been for ages so I am going back into my profile and will change it back to T2D in remission.

My DN said that if I am still on these good numbers we will need to decide how we continue after my next 6 months check. I said that I still want to continue with my 6 monthly checks.
It's not the only remission statement. I think there are 3! One you can still be taking metformin. As metformin has other benefits, not just used for blood sugar control.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
that is so strange. Last night I changed my status from T2D in remission to just T2. Have just now tried to change it back to T2D in remission but I can't find how to change it. I managed to change it last night when I was really sleepy but cannot find the bit where I change it this morning.

have got a break this afternoon so will try again lster.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190918-083900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-083900_Samsung Internet.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 116

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190918-084307_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-084307_Samsung Internet.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 106

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still having fbg of 5s and 6s :) :) :)
With no novarapid I'm having climbing bgs after 2hrs so yesterday I had to take 5units of insulin which I had not needed for a few days. Metformin reintroduction has brought back my menstrual cycle which seems to hv increased my IR a little. Still hv back pain and painkillers needed changing so hoping for a more balanced projection of weight loss and reduced IR.

It really is a fine art this diabetes! Good to see you on here. How has the bariatric surgery been for you? My sister is going great guns with hers after 10 years. She does get low in herself before she gets her b12 injection though.

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, another night survived, another day to engage with. Not so sure that salute to the sun enticed Ra this far north but it’s promising. Still, the bins are out.

The wonder wheel of experiments to test the efficacy of red wine resulted in a reading of 5.4 on this occasion. Nothing conclusive so will have to try and repeat the outcome. Not sure though about the p value so may just have to begin all over again.

Nothing much planned for today so maybe I can make more inroads into my latest book, “A Confederacy of Dunces” by John Kennedy Toole. Interestingly, Dr Samuel Johnson was borne this day in 1709 so I may glance at a dictionary in celebration.

Have a great day if you can, keep away from those festive treats isles that have now appeared in supermarkets up and down the country. Head for the red wine section instead.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning

For info I thought I would share some of my libre info so you get an idea of how amazing it is! You just have to make sure you scan one every 8 hours

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190918-080635_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-080635_LibreLink.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20190918-080529_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-080529_LibreLink.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20190918-080515_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-080515_LibreLink.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20190918-080507_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-080507_LibreLink.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20190918-080459_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-080459_LibreLink.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20190918-080452_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-080452_LibreLink.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20190918-080441_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-080441_LibreLink.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not the only remission statement. I think there are 3! One you can still be taking metformin. As metformin has other benefits, not just used for blood sugar control.
I think there are a few members who feel the other benefits of metformin may be useful who otherwise would be comfortably in remission. I may be wrong but @Rachox stands out as a shining example. I am sure she will correct me if I am wrong but I apologise in advance if I am.

Reactions: Debandez

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think there are a few members who feel the other benefits of metformin may be useful who otherwise would be comfortably in remission. I may be wrong but @Rachox stands out as a shining example. I am sure she will correct me if I am wrong but I apologise in advance if I am.

Thanks for the tag @ianpspurs , it’s the Virta Health definition of reversal that includes Metformin, it reads:
“reversal of type 2 diabetes as maintaining an A1C below 6.5% with the elimination of all diabetes medications other than the generic pill, Metformin”
I personally prefer the term remission!
Here’s an article that cites other benefits of Metformin:
https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2001/9/report_metformin/Page-01

Edit for typo.

Last edited: