What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to you all. @Muddy Cyclist that gig must have been good for your soul - sadly overlooked in the macros. @gennepher hug for the neuropathy and bathroom trips. Fbg appeared as 5.6 - disappointing but I'm sure a spin doctor would be able to make it appear amazing. Not at all convinced I could sell the idea of 1 salad, some pork scratchings and coffee with cream for 14 gms carb and 1400 cals as worth that outcome anywhere outside of these pages. Add in the 5.00 am waking, extra kg or so lately and quirky resting pulse and I am relying on trust in other people's success with this woe for justification.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am happy to report a lovely low 5.4 at 4:15 this afternoon. I'm glad to know my body can still manage a decent low despite its recent FBG morning readings.

@Muddy Cyclist I looked all over for a mandolin earlier but could not find one. I did find what I thought was a pair of dueling banjos but maybe it is you sitting by the window (@jjraak and Lauren of Arabia's very bright and shiny new kitchen window with mirrors!)

m0839.gif
m0848.gif
m0803.gif
m0855.gif
m0832.gif
m0802.gif
m0805.gif

I could not find a bass recorder either but if I can manage on the drums after all these years I bet you could take over on string bass.
Good news re the bg this afternoon. Right on cue for your band Psalm 147 in today's C of E morning worship: How good it is to make music for our God, how joyful to honour him with praise. Just written for you methinks.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 and feeling a little more chipper today. Madam wants the lawns cut but I've persuaded her that I can spread it over Mon-Tues giving me another day of rest. Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 and feeling a little more chipper today. Madam wants the lawns cut but I've persuaded her that I can spread it over Mon-Tues giving me another day of rest. Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
Glad you are feeling more chipper and leaving the lawns sounds a very good idea. Rain may also provide extra rest.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.3 today

yesterday was a mixed bag of sunshine and showers, very autumnal, and a chilly wind got up during the afternoon so that was a good excuse to put the wood burner on ;)

We're planning having a mild chicken curry for dinner today just for a change. Mr gee and I usually prefer our curry a bit spicier but mum doesn't so it's quite 'tame' today :angelic: A bit of 'embellished' basmati rice for mr gee and his mum and cauli rice for me :happy: I'll do some diced veggies in a bit of butter then stir them into the rice at the last minute. (Current thinking is for onion, red pepper, mushroom and a few peas), make it look a bit fancy :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A pleasing 5.1 this morning after omelette for dinner last night. @PenguinMum I think you have mentioned a lower fbg after having an omelette for dinner too?
@SaskiaKC thanks for the hugs for daughter and Cat, the lovely cat rescue lady said to phone as often as she wanted for updates - daughter has already phoned 6times! Cat is anxious but the lady didn’t seem worried by her demeanour.
@gennepher hugs for the neuropathic pains, they sound horrible, and it’s a shame they should have started recently when your bg is so much lower than in the past.
Glad you are feeling chipper this morning @OldButBold
Today we have friends round for lunch as they are on hols in Cornwall. The chap is a very poorly controlled T2 diabetic, overweight and on a ton of meds ( no insulin yet) his feet are in bad condition and his father lost his foot and died in his 50s of diabetic complications. This couple visited a few months ago and were really surprised when I said my bloods were no longer in the diabetic range - they’d no idea it was possible to stave off the progressive nature of the disease. They went back full of optimism but I heard he was living on salad for a few weeks which worried me as I doubted that was sustainable for him. Sure enough he gave up and is now back to his old ways. Today I am hoping to show ( without evangelising) that it doesn’t have to be rabbit food. We’ll have leg of lamb with celeriac dauphinois and buttered cabbage, then low carb version of Nigella’s chocolate olive oil cake with strawberries and clotted cream. I hope he wants to talk about it some more.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A pleasing 5.1 this morning after omelette for dinner last night. @PenguinMum I think you have mentioned a lower fbg after having an omelette for dinner too?
@SaskiaKC thanks for the hugs for daughter and Cat, the lovely cat rescue lady said to phone as often as she wanted for updates - daughter has already phoned 6times! Cat is anxious but the lady didn’t seem worried by her demeanour.
@gennepher hugs for the neuropathic pains, they sound horrible, and it’s a shame they should have started recently when your bg is so much lower than in the past.
Today we have friends round for lunch as they are on hols in Cornwall. The chap is a very poorly controlled T2 diabetic, overweight and on a ton of meds ( no insulin yet) his feet are in bad condition and his father lost his foot and died in his 50s of diabetic complications. This couple visited a few months ago and were really surprised when I said my bloods were no longer in the diabetic range - they’d no idea it was possible to stave off the progressive nature of the disease. They went back full of optimism but I heard he was living on salad for a few weeks which worried me as I doubted that was sustainable for him. Sure enough he gave up and is now back to his old ways. Today I am hoping to show ( without evangelising) that it doesn’t have to be rabbit food. We’ll have leg of lamb with celeriac dauphinois and buttered cabbage, then low carb version of Nigella’s chocolate olive oil cake with strawberries and clotted cream. I hope he wants to talk about it some more.
Hope the menu works and admire what you are trying to do for your friend. I wouldn't eat that (maybe the strawberries in season) but I can see it would seem like a standard Brit Sunday lunch. Hope it goes well and if he changes his ways you will have been a life changer.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the hug @Muddy Cyclist it is needed as you have just shattered the illusions of 49 years! The cutest botanist of the '70s had a red and cream one, the first Land Rover I ever knew, my first fall quarter at college, that converted me from VW vans and Beetles.
Shoot durn.
;)
Oh @SaskiaKC I'm so sorry if it's any consolation they are more reliable than the USA iconic JEEP which here we say it stands for 'Just Empty Every Pocket' if you are unfortunate enough to be a Jeep Owner.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Sleep eluded last night because of neuropathy pains in my feet and toes like a gremlin firing bullets from inside my body.

And then there’s the bathroom that keeps calling my name out in the night...

Sigh...

It’s Sunday. My wall thermometer linked to outside tells me 99% humidity out there...

I have just put an order in for some sun...

Happy Sunday...

And hugs from the basket of sleep hugs which will put us all back on track for sleep tonight...
That sounds awful I hope those gremlins go away soon, take care.

Isn't it so frustrating and very difficult not to become evangelising, hope you have some success.

@ianpspurs Yes the gig was good, although our melodeon player had spent his day Morris Dancing and so was in let's play as fast as I can mode which kept us all on our toes. Your Little America posts were interesting, I had not realised our visiting US forces added so much to communities, something else I have learned, thank you.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. I have been informed that today is Sunday, but I will not be allowed to rest. Mrs J.

A 5.1 again hmmmm I think my meter is up to something.

Well folks what a shambles those politicians are, come the revolution etc, etc.
Well folks I must go Mrs J is on the warpath and heading my way.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. Yesterday turned into one of those nasty little low days that make the high days so pleasant. Not the lowest of lows but nevertheless. Sufficient to say that I am a friend less on this planet today and one of my grandchildren had a close escape. Spent some time in A&E but she is now safely home.

Despite that, the wonder wheel of sturdier stuff and terminator friendliness shrugged out a 4.1 after not being able to go to bed until after 3am.

Slurping my koffy and then going back to bed. Have a great day if you can.

Reactions: karen8967

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 at 5am
Forgot to do before breaky, have granddaughter and it's her 3rd birthday party day so a very excited little girl.
6.4 half an hour after starting breaky. 2 sausage (no rusk type so very low carb) bacon and scrambled eggs.

Busy schedule today, surrounded by cake, jelly, biscuits, cake, sausage rolls and sandwiches! Oh yes and did I mention CAKE! No alcohol involved so won't even be tempted!

Have a good Sunday all.

Weather here in Blackpool is glorious. Sunny as. Not that warm but not too cold.

Attachments

• IMG-20191019-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20191019-WA0006.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 198

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am happy to report a lovely low 5.4 at 4:15 this afternoon. I'm glad to know my body can still manage a decent low despite its recent FBG morning readings.

@Muddy Cyclist I looked all over for a mandolin earlier but could not find one. I did find what I thought was a pair of dueling banjos but maybe it is you sitting by the window (@jjraak and Lauren of Arabia's very bright and shiny new kitchen window with mirrors!)

m0839.gif
m0848.gif
m0803.gif
m0855.gif
m0832.gif
m0802.gif
m0805.gif

I could not find a bass recorder either but if I can manage on the drums after all these years I bet you could take over on string bass.
The pink bows and lippy! Doing wax on wax off from The Karate Kid! So funny. And the Indian dancer! And just look at the skills of Ringo on the drums!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All. 6.6 at 0800 and was feeling really flat until I read @dunelm post. Hope the little one is alright and so sorry about your friend. @DJC3 agree omelettes make good suppers, usually have twice a week. Your menu today sounds lovely and really hope it inspires your friend. I am sure Cat will settle and hopefully find a new home soon but I feel for your daughter’s anxiety. @OldButBold glad you are chipper and good call re Lady Penelope’s grass. @gennepher hug for the busy nightime gremlins.
Have a good Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know what you mean. Mines a bit bigger (6s) but I still wanted to be able to put it in my pocket - it’s a compromise isn’t it? I use the forum app which I like because I’m used to it I guess. I know a lot of folk don’t like it.
I usually go on laptop but cos away at moment the only internet access I have is via my phone .

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the menu works and admire what you are trying to do for your friend. I wouldn't eat that (maybe the strawberries in season) but I can see it would seem like a standard Brit Sunday lunch. Hope it goes well and if he changes his ways you will have been a life changer.

Don’t you eat roast dinners any more? I know you’ve gone off meat a bit