What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I completely agree. When I venture onto the other threads now I dont find it very friendly there seem to be a clique of people arguing over who has the superior knowledge. Well I will never be in that category and just do what I can while having a laugh and a bit of diversion from the daily challenge. Big kudos to @OldButBold for setting up this thread because it is my natural home where I feel comfortable. I have so much respect for you all.
Oh really, other threads dont sound appealing at all. Sticking with this happy chatty easy going one. I absolutely love it. Even moreso now I'm within a hairs breadth of catching up! I'm quite excited at this point......

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A faintly disappointing 5.9 this morning. I did a 20 min session with hand weights before bed so I hope that would have an effect. Never mind.
@Debandez I’ll look forward to the Low Carb Food Co details, thanks.
@karen8967 I’m glad the jelly babies did their work hope the rest of the day is good.
@PenguinMum well done on your fbg this morning - I think I remember you had omelette for your evening meal yesterday? It’s done the trick again.
@HarryBeau hugs for the impending lurgy and hope the chimney sweep isn’t put off by the rain.
@Debandez just read your email to Chris Evans - go you!
Still a good number :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seen to have hit a sweet spot, FBG Wise.
5.7 yesterday

5.7 Today....nice.
off to the food market locally today, is the plan.
once i've finished off painting the kitchen.

am i being TOO cynical in wondering IF the Greta look alike was..... JUST coincidence....?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Can't say i'm surprised, when the Christmas message that has now totally missed the point of Christmas, now it is just big business,... but hey ho ho ho ho..as they say.:D

and while i'm on one...:bag:

Climate changers crusaders..DiCaprio...mmhh.

does seem that a fairer distribution of wealth, housing etc, would be a good move to make life more sustainable for many.
i mean fewer using up MORE of the resources must be good for climate change and/or control..yes?

after all all those 2nd houses left unoccupied most of the year, can't be good for the environment OR society in general, if we all look to the SO many homeless in the streets of every big (and not so big ) city i would say.
Why would anyone need more rooms then really warrants their own families personal needs.

But i doubt those 'With' will ever want that part of the Equations.
less IS more..as long it's not THEM doing it, heh...:)

Just like the flying and the lifestyle, ok for US to curb our ambitions and lifestyle, but not the oh so lovely and important Celebs and Politicos....:rolleyes:

Right... off to start a Gofundme page for MY xmas extravaganza., ;)

I'm about ready to start one for myself to fund my hoped-for move, friend's offer seems to have downsized from offering me a ride to meeting me off the bus ...
I have a feeling it's gonna be a very Dickensian Christmas this year. :(

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a 6.7 yesterday morning then, as I said earlier after a long day travelling from Edinburgh all the way home to a very wet windy and soggy Cardiff, I rocked up a very nasty 3.4 ! This morning 6.2 . Had blood tests done will await results with fingers toes crossed for a lower Hba1c this time .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm about ready to start one for myself to fund my hoped-for move, friend's offer seems to have downsized from offering me a ride to meeting me off the bus ...

Aw @SaskiaKC , that's not good :(

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a 6.7 yesterday morning then, as I said earlier after a long day travelling from Edinburgh all the way home to a very wet windy and soggy Cardiff, I rocked up a very nasty 3.4 ! This morning 6.2 . Had blood tests done will await results with fingers toes crossed for a lower Hba1c this time .

from the sounds of it, YOU are very much on the right road.

everything crossed here, but i doubt ya need it..:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything crossed for you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

t4621.gif

t4624.gif

t4608.gif

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...aching snotty & coughing but apart from that still in one piece...the dining table is littered with Jakemans Throat & Chest menthol (empty) sweets wrappers.. the Beechams Vicks menthol inhaler & Fishermans Friends Lozenges are close to hand...day two of the lurgi & its in full flow (hope that wasn't too graphic) hopefully that means will start to ease off by tomorrow...the waft of menthol eucalyptus & Vicks Vapour Rub pervades the air...woke to a 6.4 I'm grateful for that after so much sugar in my cough/cold cure remedies...more comfort food & lots of curling up on the sofa.