What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.6

My day didn't work out very well with the audiologist yesterday. My appointment ended up two hours long. Her computer kept crashing and she kept having to reboot again and again. It is a new upgraded computer screen to what it was before.

Consequently things couldn't get done, she couldn't do with my speech processor that were supposed/needed to be done, yesterday, and that initial Apple iOS update has impacted on the cochlear team in a big time consuming way. It has messed up a lot of people and stuff.

It would take too long to explain how it is still impacting on me, even though I now have the Android device now as my phone.

I was nearly in tears, came home very frustrated and overtired. I bought a loaf of low GI seeded bread. I was in need of comfort. I also bought some mince pies. I went to bed with the cat, bread and butter sandwiches, 3 mince pies and a large gin and tonic.

Hence the rise in blood sugars.

The other mince pice, although delicious is now in the bin, as is also the other half of the lovely bread.

Today is a new day.

As jjraak says, there is only the NOW, so this is a new day. Yesterday is yesterday. Just had a coffee and I will eat to my blood sugars today. I know that I will be back on track by tomorrow. And I am discussing with a friend this morning about yesterday's appointment. She says she has some ideas.

So, have a good day, the best you possibly can. And give someone a hug, open a door for a stranger, let the person behind you have your place in the shopping queue, buy a stranger a coffee, admire someone's cardigan or their shoes, and more - these are all things total strangers have done for me and it brightens up the whole of the rest of my day.

View attachment 36919
So sorry to hear this. I hope it gets sorted quickly and you can get back to normal.

I know the feeling. I REALLY fancied a cornish pasty today with a slice of thick white bread lashings of butter and a side of HP fortunately I'm still recouping in bed!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. I know why though - poor liver recovering after the boozy weekend. I’ll have to live very frugally for a day or 2 in order to get back on the straight and narrow.
My Freestyle Libre arrived yesterday, I decided to self fund it for a couple of weeks, then maybe try a fortnight on every 2 months. I’m not putting it on this morning though as it won’t tell me anything I don’t know about today’s readings.
Now to read back over 78 posts I’ve missed!
Happy Tuesday all.

EDit to change Monday to Tuesday. Duh!
How exciting. You wont be disappointed

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on this rather damp but promising pre-bin opportunity.

The wonder wheel of up at 0400 and then back to bed at about 0500 gave a weary 5.6 this am.

Dried fruit have been soaking in prune juice overnight so will be making my Fakemass Cake this morning - or what’s left of it.
Mrs Miggins is off this afternoon with her sister doing a bit of respite for on of her sisters fostering colleagues so I can have some quit time with my current book, “A Confederacy Of Dunces”. Nearly finished so have my next one waiting in the wings, “Small Great Things” by Jodi Picoult. I hope that I can finish it.

@jjraak - thank you for your raw, good words. At a time like this, being there for your nephew and your family is the only thing.

@gennepher - so very frustrating and I cannot begin to know how this impacts upon you. Bread, cake, determinism - good for you.

Virtual hugs available in various sizes for all who need them. Have a wonderful day if you can, we really do only have the time that we are currently experiencing. Bins, think of the bins.

View attachment 36922
So funny

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and. 5 7, I seem to be getting lots of high 5s and low 6 s of late and still loosing weight!

A full on day putting together the carcasses of fitted wardrobes yesterday, not too much swearing I promise. I am door hanging today but first the dreaded scribing of plinths, cornices and side pieces and then the even more difficult sawing to shape, wish me luck.

Monday night my son and daughter dragged me out to see Frozen II with my three granddaughters, youngest's first cinemas experience and she sat spell bound throughout, magical, not the film but being with family and seeing three excited youngsters.

Hugs for some, good wishes for all, enlightenment for those needing it.
My just 3 year old granddaughter discovered frozen 1 last week. It's all she goes on about. Obviously singing let it go.....over and over.....and over

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

m01100.gif

m0168.gif

m0169.gif

m0167.gif
-- This one I will translate as apparently in English English it means something different than in American English where it has absolutely nothing to do with Owls Found Langushing, Rufous or otherwise.
;) @dunelm

7335509f16fd5f472417f7f9c5b81c2e.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Not quite the badlands, but not the promised land either.. 6.0 on the Richter scale this morning.
Leaves me peaking Down into McGarrett Valley, with a touch of envy...:bag:

I so agree, @ianpspurs ... What a wonderful and varied thread we read.. Much to inspire and muse on.

@gennepher , Kudos for the fight back.
Hug for the hassle.

Great advise from many @johnpol

Every one knows the pecking order.
Paper cut
Childbirth
Man flu....obv init.:D

Get thee home.....:)

@DJC3 good luck on the test.

@Muddy Cyclist , great start on the units, good luck on the finishing, delightful moment with the grand daughter .

Hugs to all I missed, love ya all.
Hope the day is a good un.
This thread is just so friendly, supportive, informative..... I could go on. So glad I'm part of it. I popped into another thread yesterday and it was not a nice atmosphere. I left immediately. The mods are amazing though, everything in hand. Must be difficult when they have a life jobs, families and commitments. I dont think they get enough thanks and praise. Maybe we should set up a thread to say thank you and a merry Christmas (if apt) and happy new year. What do you think?

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...no need to look out the window or open the curtains I can hear the rain from where I sit...apparently we have some sunshine due at the weekend… not sure if I slept well or not time will tell...politics & coffee for breakfast...woke to a 6.3.
Fitbit might be helpful. It tells you when you slept and where awake

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8.on 26th
6.1 on 27th after tower ballroom event
5.8 on 28th

Bs a bit erratic during to heavy cold. Didnt eat yesterday. Was worried about my weight but still 10 stone 7lbs this morning. Had a low carb roll with lots of bacon and hp sauce!!! Not sure what to have for dinner. Not really hungry. Will see what chef prepares :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad news about Clive James however just been laughing my head off...not sure if anyone remembers Margarita Pracatan who used to sing on his shows...just saw a clip of her on an old show & she did an impromptu performance on BBC Breakfast...still as funny & entertaining (terrible singer) as ever during her rendition of Adele's Hello...classic TV.
Yes I remember his shows well especially Margarita Pracatan similar singing to my own lol

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1

If I was a child I would have burst into tears. But I am a cantankerous old biddy, so I sit stoically.

Absolute star.
Giggling my **** of at that...Love it.

So sorry @gennepher ..what a horrible experience.
sometimes the over thinking IS what does us in..:sorry:

Get weller soonest..:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's interesting to me that y'all have Black Friday too -- I remember back when it was called the After-Thanksgiving Sales and actually started on Friday, not at 2 pm on Thursday, or -- as it now does online -- on Wednesday or even Monday.

Alas, the business world has "succeeded"* in making Thanksgiving -- the one American holiday that was not about shopping and spending -- ALL about shopping and spending.

*I would say "failed" rather than "succeeded," but in this crazy era I guess it is good that local brick-and-mortar stores are still open and that people are getting paid to sell things, which keeps local economies moving, and therefore national and international ones as well. So, win-win.

I think in years to come, much as i like Americans..(Ok,ok.....but i do like YOU ..obv ;))

I'm not sure American Business, can ever be seriously forgiven, For The dreadful Halloween..and Now Black Friday...:***:

i think in years to come, these Will be the moment future historians will ponder and say
'Yep, this is where we lost sight of what was good and proper"

But i do wish you a happy thanksgiving.
a time with a proper reason to rejoice.

Love and best wishes for the day..:):happy::headphone:

Reactions: trick60

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.5 ..but little sleep ,so i can account for that.

poo of a day yesterday.
poo of a day today.
probably a poo of a day tomorrow

nuff said.

So onto sockgate...i do think i saw a TED video about that very theory, and while NOT the same thing, it was of interest..

Seems a cohort group trial in Utah, i think...(can't find source, sorry ) had some good reports coming from the over 50 group.
( apparently the under 50's didn't comply with the Regime, something to do with 'cred')

but students and over 50's did and great success was reported.
apparently it's all to do with the 'Sniffus-testo' gland.
which within certain age groups can fail quite dramatically.

For cred you NEED matching socks, apprarently, usually of infinite expense.

But for those with 'Sniffius Practicola''..an affliction of the 'Sniffus-testo' gland...the colour co-ordination required is missing, and the simple test to ensure while not matching at least clean-ish, does seem to be THE significant factor in the reversal of many diseases.or at least in preventing the onset of those diseases, T2D among them., or so i read.

Next step is to test on mice, the higher brain power will show better benefits and more real world application abilities over students and us oldies..apparently..:rolleyes:

And @Debandez ..aww, the pleasure of night time driving. less traffic, the music gently easing the journey, the lights of the big cites, twinkling in the background, lazily slipping by our vista...and a gadget doing what THAT gadget is supposed to do.
PERFECTION.:D

Last edited: