What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hugs and sympathy for the time-wasting company and the ridiculous food substitution
I did say to the customer services agent I eventually got through to it was like ordering fruit juice for the kids & then being sent a crate of beer!...honestly so annoying...still they gave me £15 plus a refund...so I'll order more kitten food then when they fudge it up again I'll complain get another £15;););)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did say to the customer services agent I eventually got through to it was like ordering fruit juice for the kids & then being sent a crate of beer!...honestly so annoying...still they gave me £15 plus a refund...so I'll order more kitten food then when they fudge it up again I'll complain get another £15;););)

I ordered from chewy.com for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I wanted one particular dog chew toy they carry, and added cat food and treats to reach the free-shipping minimum order ...
The carton came in bad shape, the toy and the treats packets squashed beneath the heavier boxes of food ... :(
The KittenCat likes the treats but doesn't like the food very much, but at least she COULD eat it ... if only she WOULD ...
Your comparison of the adult cat food to beer for children was a very good one, IMO.
t2007.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
an unhappy 7.0...The T2 Bond...

"So at last we meet, Mr Bond."

"Sho we Do, Dr NO....or shhhould i Call you.....Dr FBG :watching:"

", very clever, Mr Bond..So you've uncovered my alter ego...
but Come, Come,..did you REALLY think you could Thwart My
plans for World Domination just by changing your diet.. ?

Me & my Associates, have developed., shall i say. 'other'.. ways of damaging
your pathetic immune system.

the Power of Suggestion trapped YOU, SO beautifully, you pathetic Fool.....Mhuuhahaha .."

"Goodbye Mr Bond..we shan't be meeting like this again.
you've been a worthy opponent, but it's time for you to meet a gruesome end
in the Carb Pool of Destruction.."

Minions...SEIZE HIM..!! .."

My steph had a troublemaker in shop at work last night, so Daddy Uber came into play...
(Fancy starting a Union, @dunelm ..better pay..well some pay ;) and NO Zero Hours contracts, for starters..LoL )

all good ...****** gone when i got there.

Steph hungry, in takeaway with her, i caved and JUST got 5 hot wings...nice but not worth it , if i'm honest
just weak & undisciplined at Mo ..Must do better...:rolleyes:

Trying to get back on track after hols..not done a thing since we returned..:sorry:
so be making a list of jobs and tasks for next week, my list of To-Do's
....well it's a start:D...

Cheers for the weather report, @True Blue
looks like i best do most of that early doors, if it's outside.
(bike to get running, dash cam for car to fit... ..living the Dream baby, living the Dream....:hilarious: )

Enjoy your day all.
Stay safe and remember to look to the skies.

Spat out my CWC on reading about Bond! Very funny as always.

Hugs for the motivation. It will return. Holiday mode still in play. But your motivation will return (especially if you see higher readings than you want!)

Reactions: jjraak

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.1 at 4 am

I still don't know why this is high.
But I have gone back to eating my nuts first thing because I know that will/should lower this figure. I need protein first thing to lower fbg. But I cannot stomach animal protein until later in the day. So it might be eggs around midday. And that might be my last meal. I need to do a few days, again, where I am checking my blood sugars at various intervals. Maybe in a few days...

Done my daily painting challenge to myself...
View attachment 37807

Really like this one gen, very otherworldly.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg error on first try
Fbg 9.6 on second try
Fbg 9.4 on third try

I give up....

Why has it gone high...

I have eaten the usual food yesterday, only I didn't have the nuts I have every morning. I didn't have my nuts the day before either. I am trying to lose weight and it doesn't shift. So I was trying to abandon the nuts for a bit.

For some reason I had bad wind upon lying down in bed last night. Not when I am upright, but when I lie down. It was that bad I had zero warning to make it to the bathroom. When I had that zero warning for a second time, I gave up at 3am and went and did my daily challenge painting. Copious air freshener used....I am fine sitting up or standing. No wind, but lying down it's bad. No idea why, I don't have an upset tummy as such.

So here is my daily painting challenge to myself ....
View attachment 37778
Acrylics. A4 size pad. Just black and white paint. The brushes used are at the top. It took about an hour.

It is calm and quiet outside, which often happens in the pre-dawn hour....
Everything possible has been anchored.
Take care.
Keep safe in this Storm Brendan...
I would love to be besides the sea in this to watch the waves....anchored to a tree of course...sketchbook and pen in my hands...
Hug for the frustration and fbs. Winner for this amazing work of art. I adore it. One of my favourites to date. I'm thinking you could make a calendar of 12 of your favourites for 2021. I get personalised table top calendar for hubby done for xmas every year. Family pics. But steal it and put it on my bedside table.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quote from the NHS "Eatwell Guide" online at 14.1.2020.

"Base meals on potatoes, bread, rice, pasta or other starchy carbohydrates.
Starchy food should make up just over a third of the food we eat. Choose higher fibre wholegrain varieties, such as wholewheat pasta and brown rice, or simply leave skins on potatoes.
There are also higher fibre versions of white bread and pasta.
Starchy foods are a good source of energy and the main source of a range of nutrients in our diet".

My elderly mother, high BG, refuses to listen to my advice ref. LCHF. She refers to the "Eatwell advice".

A previous health campaign had a slogan "Don't die of ignorance". Seems very apt in our T2D context.
The eatwell guide is ridiculous. Not particularly because of what it advises but in that the same advice is given to everyone. Not taking into account all our individualities. As we all know when you throw diabetes into the pot it can throw all sorts out and only by testing and experimenting can we find a way that suits our bodies, and even then that can be very challenging for many.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The eatwell guide is ridiculous. Not because of what it advises but in that the same advice is given to everyone. Not taking into account all our individualities. As we all know when you throw diabetes into the pot it can throw all sorts out and only by testing and experimenting can we find a way that suits our bodies, and even then that can be very challenging for many.
I wonder if governments recommending one nutritional eating plan for everyone is wise going forward as surely individuals have individual needs, eg. If you are prone to stomach issues, dxd or not, certain foods may be highly unsuitable.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you liked..I'd recommend.

The two couples we spent most time with, had both been at the same hotel the year before.
Pretty seasoned travelers, and both loved it.

I love seeing everyone holiday pics..I'm not ashamed to live vicariously through others...:bag:

Missus and her G/F's went to benidorm recently.. She loved it... Insisting we go there at some point.. Looking forward to it immensely.

It doesn't really matter where you go.. It's who you go with that's important... And
she's MY Goto . As Eric is yours, I think.
We always have fun and laughter wherever we go..

I want, nay, DEMAND pics of Torre...it's rule 13a of this threads forum code, in case you had forgot..:D
Well be prepared as benidorm is on our cards for Sept/Oct!!! Thanks for reminding me of the forum rules, I often have lapses in memory where any rules are concerned!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if governments recommending one nutritional eating plan for everyone is wise going forward as surely individuals have individual needs, eg. If you are prone to stomach issues, dxd or not, certain foods may be highly unsuitable.
Unfortunately, we've just seen that if you confidently repeat a simple message continually (true or not) people believe/accept it

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew! Caught up on over 300 posts. That wont happen again (she says....again!).

@SaskiaKC your emoticons are world class and I loved your horse painting
@gennepher @Muddy Cyclist your paintings are awesome. I think they would make up a wonderful calendar. They should be enjoyed by millions not just the members on this amazing thread.
@DJC3 wonderful results. Thrilled for you.
And please can I ask why no cream?

Free hugs for all who need. Lots going on that can be challenging.

Ps Eric's BP is coming down with keto. This morning 125/75! We were doing a little jig. It might be a fluke who knows. Will keep monitoring.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just spent 2 hours on a practise run for the A1 watercolour seascape painting, this one is A3 size so a good bit larger than yesterday's, looks similar but it's today's effort, not happy with the sky which needs to be dramatic but this is too dark and it won't take any further work, thus is the nature of water colour paint.

IMG_20200114_174103.jpg

So back to the drawing board, next one will have lighter sky with interesting clouds, then I can also play with light on the sea, fingers crossed.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I agree. My father had diverticulitis and hardly ate any fiber. I don't want to develop it.
My mother, however, could eat anything, and loved hot and spicy foods. I can eat them, but I don't like them.

But I have been meaning to ask y'all: What is tikka masala like? Is it hot and spicy? My grocery store carries several brands of this variety of frozen dinners and I thought I would try one.