What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.2! New libre sensor and obviously didn't give it enough time bedding in before activating it! But looking ok now towards end of the day.

To give you a laugh:
Sitting in the new car this morning. I thought I'd had some sort of an accident. until I realised it has heated seats :)

What is your new car like? Is it fun to drive? :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The building has 5 floors. I do love living up high, because of the view and the quiet and relative privacy. But then I remember the convenience of living on a lower floor that has direct access to the outdoors. No waiting for the elevator!
That just sounds better and better. 5 floors is very gentle. If you were to get onto the top floor it would be fab but any floor other than ground would be good also. I hope and pray you get a really good offer when it comes. It sounds like a lovely place.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That just sounds better and better. 5 floors is very gentle. If you were to get onto the top floor it would be fab but any floor other than ground would be good also. I hope and pray you get a really good offer when it comes. It sounds like a lovely place.

Thank you very much. That means a lot. xx

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Jay builder arrived: built 4 wardrobes; sorted the dishwasher; added a double electric socket so we don't need an extension lead down the stairs for BT hub; arranged the plasterer, materials and matching windows for garage conversion and delivery of shed for Weds. He will "knock some heads together" over kitchen design (think that means get price to where I will do the deal) then went off for breakfast :). All that on 1 tea with only 1 tsp sugar - not sure he's kosher.;). Julie is having her nails done and may notice a few shrubs and mini trees (no one needs trees here - Thetford forest is 5 mins away) have been blown down (by my loppers and saws. - oops) Well, I didn't want to upset her so I thoughtfully did it while she was away. There may be more storms when I get to the chain saws and pick up the mutt and mattock (nice name for an Ale house) tomorrow. I feel much better for that.:angelic:
If Jay builder thinks he may be bored after he finishes the jobs in your house, I have a spare room here in not so sunny North East if he wants to come for a busman's holiday. My "list as long as your arm" could be produced at very short notice. It's the one "son-who-lives-near-me" keeps promising he will get around to soon as.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barb McD

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.6 this morning.

Lots of life happening apace, good to be able to share.

@HarryBeau - hope you are feeling better soon.
Those looking after grandchildren, think of all the good memories you are creating for them. Spoiling never hurts in small measures. We escaped the looking after grandchildren this time, however the suggestion from the "son-who-lives-near" is that we should move closer to where he lives. Hmm...
Arranged a family holiday this Easter so hopefully some good memories to be made then. Both sets of grandchildren, (near and far) their parents and us. Eh viva Espania!
@dogslife, hope your mouth clears up soon - good that it wasn't related to any tooth problems though.
@ickihun - good to see your post and that you are winning with the FBG as well as the weight.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun how are you? I have followed your journey in tbe last year or so. I so hope you have recovered from your surgery and you are doing well. IMO you are a very strong woman.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
FBG 5.6 this morning.

Lots of life happening apace, good to be able to share.

@HarryBeau - hope you are feeling better soon.
Those looking after grandchildren, think of all the good memories you are creating for them. Spoiling never hurts in small measures. We escaped the looking after grandchildren this time, however the suggestion from the "son-who-lives-near" is that we should move closer to where he lives. Hmm...
Arranged a family holiday this Easter so hopefully some good memories to be made then. Both sets of grandchildren, (near and far) their parents and us. Eh viva Espania!
@dogslife, hope your mouth clears up soon - good that it wasn't related to any tooth problems though.
@ickihun - good to see your post and that you are winning with the FBG as well as the weight.
Thank you,@Ryhia. I'm relieved I didn't need any dental work especially as my mouth is very sore. My diabetic review on Monday should be interesting. Enjoy your weekend.:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So many pages, so much life, good stuff, not so good stuff, amazing things, inspiring and talented postings, phew!

Thanks to all for your compliments and encouragement for my Granddaughters and my art, enjoy doing it and sharing it. @SaskiaKC and @OldButBold still considering the YouTube video, looking into the making it private and invite options, we shall see.
@SaskiaKC sojnds like a lot of nitty gritty to sort out but fingers crossed for a quick move.

@Ryhia Re bears there is a rumour that Mountain Bikers in Canada are often killed by lurking grizzly, glad we have non on Cannock Chase where I do my Muddy Cycle rides.

@jjraak I'm a dabbler in art, yes some natural feeling for it but a long long long way from a master. I would love to have a practical session with all interested forum members, I am absolutely certain, with a little guidance and some good humour we would end up with lots of very presentable pieces of art. Lots of Coffee and alcohol may also help. :joyful: thank you for your support. The forums encouragement and @gennepher s inspired idea of one a day is making me paint more as I would only have painted once a week before, so thanks everyone, love it.

@dunelm Grandchildren until Sunday!!!!!! You are a braver man than me, as much as I love em, I'm pleased they will be ALL going home with their respective parents after Friday evenings dinner, I hope. Oh, and just to make Fridays meal even more interesting our new Vegan family member and her three boys don't eat Vegetables:banghead:

Off to the Wolseley Wildlife Centre tomorrow so off to bed now.

Oh and importantly my BG started high, remained high, even hit 7.2 this evening and is still 6.1. Carbs less than 15 grams all day, WHY! Guess I'll never know.

I got a warm fuzzy feeling reading this post. It just sums up what our corner of the world is about so perfectly.

For me this wonderful thread brings humour into my life every day, I learn every day. It inspires me every day. It makes me want to post every day. I love to read about other people's journeys, days, ups, downs, life in general. Cats, dogs, children, grandchildren, elderly relatives.

But mainly it's a place where I find understanding, friendliness, support, love, laughter.

What I'm trying to say is I love you all.

Reactions: Barb McD and DJC3

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today has been a very sad day ... my 90 day average was 5.6 yesterday , my 30 day average 5.2 and my 7 day average was 5.4 . So why so glum I hear you all cry? Well this very morning my tester joined the big blood testing machines in the sky.... yes my tester had to be thrown away, no amount of new batteries, twiddling and intensive care could save it ... And so the journey re begins !

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
To give you a laugh:
Sitting in the new car this morning. I thought I'd had some sort of an accident. until I realised it has heated seats
I do love heated seats and heated steering wheels. It is so cold in the winter when I finish work at 9pm it is so lovely to get warm quickly.

My husband was really shocked when I chose a car just because it had a heated steering wheel and seats. He commented that I hadn't even asked what the engine size was.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do love heated seats and heated steering wheels. It is so cold in the winter when I finish work at 9pm it is so lovely to get warm quickly.

My husband was really shocked when I chose a car just because it had a heated steering wheel and seats. He commented that I hadn't even asked what the engine size was.

Nice ..:D

He's a deffo a keeper, stays sane even though lovely as you are, it must be torment for him...
(my sincere sympathies to Mr K :bag:)

and not picking on you, @Krystyna23040 ..it's an epidemic
this is just one of many, many i have observed..
that just shows the divide between men and women.

and it's not just here, i observe this on many other forum threads..NO WOMEN EVER mentions WHAT car it is first..WHY NOT ?

FIRST WORLD TOPIC amongst men..what car you got.." it's a vauxhall, volvo, vollkswagen, bmw, ford, etc etc etc."..then it's onto the gadgetrs and then, maybe, just maybe colour of it

here it's like a cross between charades and listening to the wife....:banghead:

" oh did i tell you so & so's bought her daughter a new car"
"Of really..how lovely, what is it."
"ooh i can't remember.. it's BLUE if that helps.....and pretty "

"No not really..any idea of the make maybe, ..what year is it, perhaps....?."
"Not sure, but i know it's one of those ones that has that Bluetooth camera thing..and a dash cam radio "

"Hon, ..hon, where you gone....??/ "..as she hears the front door gently close
as i leave the house, screaming quietly into the night air...:banghead::banghead:.:rolleyes:

Yes i know @HarryBeau , you do know your onions,...:D

Btw, if Mr K wants to join my men's self help group, get him to call me..
waiting list is waaaayy long, obviously
but i'll happily put him on it..:)

;)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just saying for those who might be interested

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-expert-opinions/#lee-022120

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/covid19-tremendous-public-health-threat-says-cdc-feb-21/

and for those who read "the stand"..trashcan man might be making a come back..

Hubei province in China has corrected its Feb. 20 previously reported numbers to include 220 additional new cases reported "on a hand-written card" by the prison department during the night. The total is being revised from 62,442 to 62,662 cases.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it's an epidemic
this is just one of many, many i have observed..
that just shows the divide between men and women.

and it's not just here, i observe this on many other forum threads..NO WOMEN EVER mentions WHAT car it is first..WHY NOT ?

FIRST WORLD TOPIC amongst men..what car you got.." it's a vauxhall, volvo, vollkswagen, bmw, ford, etc etc etc."..then it's onto the gadgetrs and then, maybe, just maybe colour of it

here it's like a cross between charades and listening to the wife....:banghead:

" oh did i tell you so & so's bought her daughter a new car"
"Of really..how lovely, what is it."
"ooh i can't remember.. it's BLUE if that helps.....and pretty "

"No not really..any idea of the make maybe, ..what year is it, perhaps....?."
"Not sure, but i know it's one of those ones that has that Bluetooth camera thing..and a dash cam radio "

"Hon, ..hon, where you gone....??/ "..as she hears the front door gently close
as i leave the house, screaming quietly into the night air...:banghead::banghead:.:rolleyes:

Yes i know @HarryBeau , you do know your onions,...:D

Wow.
Thanks to my dad, I do too. :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carbs win at National Dog Show?
I don't know, but the description in the onscreen channel guide says "Over 2,000 'purebread' dogs compete ... "
Thor the beautiful Bulldog just won his Group.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Titus, as always. awaits patiently. Took in a parcel for neighbours and delivered it this morning. Lovely young lady called Bleah with a toddler called Constantine - gorgeous names. We have your compatriots on both sides. Seems they have wreaths on the door all year round (threw me a little initially thinking how long have I slept for?) - is that common?

I've just spent some time looking online for something about year-round wreaths but I haven't found anything that really explains why people hang them on their front doors. There seems to be a general idea among some people that Christmas wreaths are so pretty, and so much fun to make and decorate, why not have one year round decorating the front door.
Something ironic in all that (IMO) is that although I have seen wreaths on front doors at times other than Christmas, no one nowadays follows the former tradition of hanging a funeral wreath on their front door to indicate a death in the family. I guess, maybe with all the other wreaths on the doors all the rest of the time, no one seeing a funeral wreath on a front door nowadays would recognize it for what it was.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist my goodness what on earth do the vegans eat if not vegetables?
I need a head-scratching emoji ...
You, the giver and creator or all things emojo couldn't find a head scratching one!! I'm floored! This can not be possible ......I must be dreaming surely.