What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now that is a true nightmare. I clicked funny for your post, but actually it probably was not funny.
My sister has twin boys - which has proved tricky on several occasions.

It was very funny and enlightening if I’m honest

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

quite a mixed day today weather wise and perhaps we'll get some rain this evening. Over to mum's as usual for Sunday lunch, it was going to be barbeque but it was pretty windy which plays havoc with the grilliing :hilarious: so it ended up being pretty standard fare but we did at least eat outside ;)

Took my sketch pad but we ended up restacking logs and playing 'fetch' with Katy so 'plein air' will have to wait :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Krystyna23040 - the storm sounds exhilarating... once you're safely home;)

@lindisfel - 'fractured mountains and hills' is part of the impression I was going for, it was me trying out a type of texture shorthand for the 'old bones' of the land which is something I feel John Blockley is so good at showing :)
Not your preferred style? It's not really my usual style either, which is why I feel it's a good experiment for me to try. By nature I think I'm quite a literal painter.

@Alien Aspie - the technique you're using is certainly working for you, both of these are strong pieces of work :)
I have used layers in photoshop before myself, but only for the photo retouching I did on some family photos.

@dunelm - once again a lovely, delicately balanced bamboo sketch :)

@gennepher - my first reaction was to hear Jethro Tull singing 'Songs from the Wood' in my head ;) it's a thought provoking piece of work and I like it very much :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope you have managed to reconcile your hope and trepidation satisfactorily. Who would have imagined the stresses what used to be simple decisions can provoke now :(
I look forward to the 'plein air' ;)

art bit -
I'm finding that emulating some other artists styles and palettes is encouraging me out of my colour comfort zone a bit, so, useful experiments :)
@gennepher - yes, some use of clingfilm on the final layer just to see how it would work used that way.

All these digital works are making me feel I want to have a bash too :)

not much to this one on the face of it ;)
You would think that a hot, mostly sunny day would bring strong colour and contrast but everything was misty and subdued with a curiously ice cream coloured sky.
I wanted to see if I could still manage a feeling of space with less contrast.
upload_2020-8-16_18-26-45.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy day on the thread today. Yes we went to the choir get together, not bad, social distancing could have been better. A GP in the choir is having a word with the choir master so next month things may be arranged differently. All a gamble really but all outdoors, everyone made the best effort possible, glasses of champagne were poured and passed out, maybe not the best of ideas but everyone is too polite to refuse or suggest we all get our own glass and one person poured, difficult times, maybe we have to become less polite, speak out, not take offence, listen, improve and hopefully survive.

@dunelm brave man trying new hardware but looks like you have already started to master it. Thankyou for liking my latest style of painting.

@Alien Aspie I knew it, you are the original highlander, years of experience learnt no doubt from the Preraphaelite Brotherhood first hand, then that second masterpiece, brilliant you certainly master technology, keep em coming.

@geefull liked your painting today this type of skies are difficult to depict but you have done it well and distance and vastness are captured brilliantly. Thank you for your comments on my work, no Plein Air today, no time, too wet.

So I have started some Oak Trees from a photograph having been inspired by @gennepher Major Oak. Still more to do and should finish it Monday.
IMG_3661.JPG

A4 watercolour, other than the wash positioning the trees it's been mainly done with a Rigger Brush.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I knew it, you are the original highlander, years of experience learnt no doubt from the Preraphaelite Brotherhood first hand, then that second masterpiece, brilliant you certainly master technology, keep em coming

“You ain’t seen me, right. Don’t lose your head”

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - my first reaction was to hear Jethro Tull singing 'Songs from the Wood' in my head ;) it's a thought provoking piece of work and I like it very much :)

Thank you @geefull
I did try listening to that Jethro Tull but it was just one line unholy noise to me...

art bit -
I'm finding that emulating some other artists styles and palettes is encouraging me out of my colour comfort zone a bit, so, useful experiments :)
@gennepher - yes, some use of clingfilm on the final layer just to see how it would work used that way.

You would think that a hot, mostly sunny day would bring strong colour and contrast but everything was misty and subdued with a curiously ice cream coloured sky.

Your painting is beautiful.
Peaceful. You have that sense of distance, even though it is a subdued painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I have started some Oak Trees from a photograph having been inspired by @gennepher Major Oak. Still more to do and should finish it Monday.
img_3661-jpg.43383

A4 watercolour, other than the wash positioning the trees it's been mainly done with a Rigger Brush.

I like the way this is shaping @Muddy Cyclist
I enjoy watching how you lay down the watercolour paints, as you progress...

lindisfel

Expert
Hi geeful,
Thanks for your explanation.
I see the landscape in terms of habitat on its surface and geomorphology in terms of the last 10,000's of years and geology in terms of millions of years.
It is what motivates one, I guess.
regards
D.

good evening all :)

4.5 today

quite a mixed day today weather wise and perhaps we'll get some rain this evening. Over to mum's as usual for Sunday lunch, it was going to be barbeque but it was pretty windy which plays havoc with the grilliing :hilarious: so it ended up being pretty standard fare but we did at least eat outside ;)

Took my sketch pad but we ended up restacking logs and playing 'fetch' with Katy so 'plein air' will have to wait :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Krystyna23040 - the storm sounds exhilarating... once you're safely home;)

@lindisfel - 'fractured mountains and hills' is part of the impression I was going for, it was me trying out a type of texture shorthand for the 'old bones' of the land which is something I feel John Blockley is so good at showing :)
Not your preferred style? It's not really my usual style either, which is why I feel it's a good experiment for me to try. By nature I think I'm quite a literal painter.

@Alien Aspie - the technique you're using is certainly working for you, both of these are strong pieces of work :)
I have used layers in photoshop before myself, but only for the photo retouching I did on some family photos.

@dunelm - once again a lovely, delicately balanced bamboo sketch :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope you have managed to reconcile your hope and trepidation satisfactorily. Who would have imagined the stresses what used to be simple decisions can provoke now :(
I look forward to the 'plein air' ;)

art bit -

View attachment 43381

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those who plough their own furrow in life, not a smooth path, well done.

A 6.6 at this early time 5:20 am, but the house is quiet bliss.

No biking today for me and me's only 70 odd miles yesterday, possibly get the even miles in later in this week.
Is to early to ask about your plans for today?
Later this morning we have our window cleaner coming, it will be a cause for concern he fell off his ladder 2 or 3 visits ago, luckily he only sustained bruising. He will be heavily supervised by Mrs J. Poor man.

Have a great day fellow posters and painters.

Hand and footnote: Cyclists, motorcyclists and Sunday mornings are not a good mix. More about that another post.

Jen6

5.8 at 7.20am. On holiday in Greece finding the high heat and different food mainly lack of vegetables which i love is causing my blood sugars to be higher than at home in UK.
So nice to be in a country where life feels so normal you forget Covid ever existed.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 this morning and a time of high frivolity as it's Asda day. The freezer will be full of carnivorous delights and the drinks cabinet... well, let's not go there. Mind you, it's five-o-clock somewhere ;)

Enjoy the day :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.8 for me today. Probably fuelled by a late night three hour stressful family telephone conversation with a distraught son, followed by a disturbed night of frightening nightmares. :banghead:

Today needs to be a day of tranquility and creativity as outside is not great Cycling weather, misty and damp.

Make the best of your day. Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Damp and sub-optimal start in Little America today. Fbg of 4.6 @ 6.00 am - even a +1 would sneak in to ok and I ate red meat (beef) yesterday. On balance red meat, is probably the way to go for iron (in the soul?) rather than supplements especially for poorly Gloria's transits. The sub-optimal theme is amplified with red meat roasts however good the meat or cooking. Yesterday was lacking roast potatoes and Yorkshire - although it looks as though I may incorporate some gravy. Pork is diminished sans apple sauce and lamb needs mint sauce for me - roasties obviously with all. It is all doable just sub-optimal - LC in a nutshell really. Wonderful youngsters cricket tournament here yesterday which I watched to keep an eye on my grandson. Huge field here so well socially distanced and all teams elbow bumped at the end of games. Great to see boys and girls so competitive yet joyful and respectful. @Alien Aspie enjoy the spoils of Asda wars; @karen8967 great fbg and you too enjoy this and many a Bez and friends. Pip pip old toots - Assam tea won't drink itself.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1
Temp 35.9

Followed @Alien Aspie 's cat yesterday in Procreate, he gave instructions how he achieved it. I was only playing with the effects. I wasn't using a real cat as a model (initially). It was meant to be a quick pic to learn...

This was not meant to be my painting for today. But three hours later, and a lot of learning later, I came up with a cat that morphed into a character and a life of her own...

The ears are not finished. The end of the nose needs work. The eyes are not finished. I might have finished them, but for the fact Popeye is or rather was fast asleep with his head tucked under his paws. I kept lifting it to see his nose and then his eyes...but then I got the Death Stare and I thought it safest to stop...this is why you have my unfinished painting...

C46AB330-46C4-4E9F-B350-F03D963CF329.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.2 for me this morning. No art work from me can't draw for toffee nuts it's a pity procreate is only available on the I pad as I don't have one it might be fun to play with.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from rather late start in the overly moist dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of toad in the hole a la fibreflour came in at 5.3 this am.

Loads to catch up on, brilliant sketches, cats, trees, landscapes abound. Superb.

Not sure about this one, following a zen lesson in keeping it very simple, again.

Have a great day if you can. I have decided that it will be marvelous here. Koffy will be ready in 5.

upload_2020-8-17_9-28-34.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
17.08 2020
6.50am FBG 6.5
We went to collect a table tennis table, yesterday and got completely soaked in yet another thunderstorm. I managed to get in the way of the trailer and now have an enormous bruise on my calf and some small strips of skin missing. Still think i was lucky, could have been a lot worse. This morning the sun is out intermittently and Handy Andy is coming today. The first priority will be fixing the roof.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
17.08 2020
6.50am FBG 6.5
We went to collect a table tennis table, yesterday and got completely soaked in yet another thunderstorm. I managed to get in the way of the trailer and now have an enormous bruise on my calf and some small strips of skin missing. Still think i was lucky, could have been a lot worse. This morning the sun is out intermittently and Handy Andy is coming today. The first priority will be fixing the roof.
Hug for the injury - yes, it could have been worse but that is bad enough so thank goodness it wasn't. Good news about Handy Andy. One needs to be "of a certain age" (and feel no shame) to admit remembering him.

Last edited: