What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Friday's FBG 4.7 mmol/L on waking at 6.00 am.

A rustle in the undergrowth, eh? @gennepher. There's nothing like a rustle to arouse one's curiosity!

We're volunteers at our local nature reserve, but currently there's a good deal of activity at home.

Our resident Robins, a pair we've fed by hand since December, lost their first brood, but a second attempt is now well under way. The new nest is in our garden shed.

All the usual suspects ( 9 or 10 species) could be seen feeding on the bird station this morning and a great spotted woodpecker paid us a visit. A solitary parakeet also turned up and a grey squirrel. This morning we heard the first cuckcoo of the year.

Shortly after 6.00 pm, we spotted three of our four fox cubs, the first sighting since last Saturday.

Take care everyone and have the best weekend possible.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A post the more biker orientated might be able to add to...mmhh

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A post the more biker orientated might be able to add to...mmhh

You were up late - or possible early! At very long stab in the dark with just a sample size of one, adrenaline raises blood glucose. I expect that stressors when riding or even driving any vehicle may cause a rise in blood sugars. On the positive side, if you have a fitbit and ride something a bit buzzy (not some smooth Japanese thing) - single cylinder works best - your step count will be off the planet!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

A rustle in the undergrowth, eh? @gennepher. There's nothing like a rustle to arouse one's curiosity!

We're volunteers at our local nature reserve, but currently there's a good deal of activity at home.

Our resident Robins, a pair we've fed by hand since December, lost their first brood, but a second attempt is now well under way. The new nest is in our garden shed.

All the usual suspects ( 9 or 10 species) could be seen feeding on the bird station this morning and a great spotted woodpecker paid us a visit. A solitary parakeet also turned up and a grey squirrel. This morning we heard the first cuckcoo of the year.

Shortly after 6.00 pm, we spotted three of our four fox cubs, the first sighting since last Saturday.

Brilliant activity in your garden @LivingLightly
A rustle in the undergrowth means get indoors...before the badgers and foxes emerge..l

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on yet another all things bright and beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 this am. Out at sea on a boat yesterday with The Girl In The Bubble and playing trains in the Screaming Tunnel at Whitby (image below). Veteran’s Breakfast Club this morning in The Vic and the farmers market. Some locals have started an arts and crafts movement (very novel) so we want to go to see their wares. BBQ this afternoon for one of our sons, hosted by The Girl In The Bubble (and her servants) - she has a very large tiered and well equipped garden for such things. And it looks out to sea, which is nice. More importantly I think, it’s a great playground for the miniature humans. No sightings of the Northern Lights last night as we were both exhausted and took to our bed before Ra (or Amun-Ra or Osiris or Horus) charged over the horizon - those Ancient Egyptians needed to make up their minds. They must have been early Conservatives and the inventors of both fake news and gaslighting. Meanwhile, back in my own reality bubble - art bit - in my own defence, I was out most of the day earning a crust with my part time job of ‘Pusher of the Trike” - not as well paid as Groom of the Stool but way more fun. Hope your day shares this speedo enticing weather. I will be wearing my Tilly hat today to hide under - where can I hire a Punkawallah? Koffy - best get some koffy.

Attachments

• IMG_6271.jpeg
    IMG_6271.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6269.jpeg
    IMG_6269.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 18

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

Splendid garden activity going on there. What a treat

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Last full day of sun today...we need Noah's Ark for next week...

Nighttime wildlife video
A Fox jumps on the swing
34 secs

Creative...a kaleidoscope...nothing creative this morning made me happy...so I settled on this one...already sweating here...

Walking barefoot in snow would make me feel better..

Have your best day...

Things to do...

Like a cuppa tea first...

IMG_7390.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on yet another all things bright and beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 this am. Out at sea on a boat yesterday with The Girl In The Bubble and playing trains in the Screaming Tunnel at Whitby (image below). Veteran’s Breakfast Club this morning in The Vic and the farmers market. Some locals have started an arts and crafts movement (very novel) so we want to go to see their wares. BBQ this afternoon for one of our sons, hosted by The Girl In The Bubble (and her servants) - she has a very large tiered and well equipped garden for such things. And it looks out to sea, which is nice. More importantly I think, it’s a great playground for the miniature humans. No sightings of the Northern Lights last night as we were both exhausted and took to our bed before Ra (or Amun-Ra or Osiris or Horus) charged over the horizon - those Ancient Egyptians needed to make up their minds. They must have been early Conservatives and the inventors of both fake news and gaslighting. Meanwhile, back in my own reality bubble - art bit - in my own defence, I was out most of the day earning a crust with my part time job of ‘Pusher of the Trike” - not as well paid as Groom of the Stool but way more fun. Hope your day shares this speedo enticing weather. I will be wearing my Tilly hat today to hide under - where can I hire a Punkawallah? Koffy - best get some koffy.
I love both pictures, the photo of you and GITB and your art bit of trees @dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from L.A. on what should be another pleasantly mild day here 23 °C, sunny with a mild breeze so on the slightly cool edge of shorts and no socks - not an Elbow day. Scan in Cambridge at 11.00 then some sport watching while I glow in the dark for a few hours. Don't call me Homer. @dunelm yesterday sounds wonderful but tiring. Thanks for the art and photo. Enjoy the bbq today. We had one, bbq, Thursday and rumour has it one is planned for the morrow. No doubt Nany's Paddling Pool, aka hot tub, will be fired up. @Krystyna23040 hug for sore arm but good if that is a positive sign, @JohnEGreen have a wonderful evening? and meal - 50 years is quite some achievement. Y'all take care now, ya hear?

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Finished the antibiotics last night - hasn't sorted the infection out, but now they're done I'm feeling much better in myself and a lot of the pain has subsided.

BG at 04.30 was 5.4. 6.4 now, after bacon and eggs. At least I coiuld get the breakfast down without any fear of my stomach refusing admission. Big improvement. Haddock for my 2nd meal today so that should also be quite acceptable. No veg though.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant activity in your garden @LivingLightly
A rustle in the undergrowth means get indoors...before the badgers and foxes emerge..l
Not sure if you know of it, but our Steph had a lovely little computer/Nintendo type game PIKMIN

Part of the game play was getting all the little PIKMIN safely back to base before nightfall.

Makes me think your gardens a little like that as dusk falls ....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Nighttime wildlife video
A Fox jumps on the swing
34 secs

Creative...a kaleidoscope...nothing creative this morning made me happy...so I settled on this one...already sweating here...

Have your best day...

Things to do...

View attachment 67595
Fans on, doors open, in the shade. Lovely kaleidoscope.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from L.A. on what should be another pleasantly mild day here 23 °C, sunny with a mild breeze so on the slightly cool edge of shorts and no socks - not an Elbow day. Scan in Cambridge at 11.00 then some sport watching while I glow in the dark for a few hours. Don't call me Homer. @dunelm yesterday sounds wonderful but tiring. Thanks for the art and photo. Enjoy the bbq today. We had one, bbq, Thursday and rumour has it one is planned for the morrow. No doubt Nannies Paddling Pool, aka hot tub, will be fired up. @Krystyna23040hug for sore arm but good if that is a positive sign, @JohnEGreen have a wonderful evening? and meal - 50 years is a quite some achievement. Y'all take care now, ya hear?
Thanks @ianpspurs, hope the scan goes well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Nighttime wildlife video
A Fox jumps on the swing
34 secs

Have your best day...

Things to do...

View attachment 67595
Thank you for sharing the superb kaleidoscope. Hug for feeling sweaty. Find some shade and relax.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Snap @JohnEGreen my fbg is also 6.3.

My arm is quite sore after the jab. So is Mr Ks. Apparently a really good sign that our immune systems are creating antibodies.

Am relaxing with a coffee before getting ready to go to Norwich for classes.
Mine was as well. Never has been before. My brother (in Swindon) and his wife both had the jab the same week as me. His arm was also sore for the first time, for quite a few days afterwards but his wife was pretty ill for about a week. Must be a different vaccine they are using these days. I noticed that the fridges in our vaccination centre had notices saying that some were one kind and osme others and one was only for use of over 70's. What was that about, I wonder.