What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone :)

4.2 on this snow covered morning.

we were going to go to the bank and out for lunch today, somehow don't think we'll bother. We both spent a lot of years having to go out very early in the morning to work in every weather so it's a happy thing not to have to now we're both retired.

Those of you who need to go out please take care.

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 this morning after a sweet at 3am due to hitting 4.0 and going down. Might need to take a little look at my basal rate, although was in the gym last night.

Rise from 5.1 to 6.3 in the hour after getting up with no food. FOF syndrome it seems

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2.6 hypo at 1am wasn't fun. and led to a waking BG reading of 9.3@0700

ho hum, correction dose taken, will delay breakfast for an hour or two to let things settle down.
ooo take care aginoth thats very low :wideyed:

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No snow for me, but a 7.2

And still pondering liver dumps and Metformin. So the dump means my liver's making glucose from somewhere, which could be a good thing. At least until I hit my target weight. But if my scales are accurate, I seem to be losing muscle, not fat.. And I thought the process should prefer fat over muscle. And Metformin's meant to supress liver glucose production, so if that helps or hinders fat reduction. Or maybe I should ask the doc for some slow-release Metformin to use during the sleep fasting.