What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="Glenmac, post: 1722137, member: 360032"travelled from bedroom to sitting room..all of three metres......whoohoo!![/QUOTE]
Brilliant attitude to a level of adversity which would floor us mere mortals

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG today was 6.7
Still having antibiotics and now on honey dressings and still comfort eating after evening meal,
Mother's Day tomorrow and 10 family members will all come for evening meal all cooked by my eldest granddaughter and eldest son I think it's a wonderful gesture for Mothers Day,it's one of those days when you wish you still lived in a house and not a bungalow,but I'm sure we will get around this with folding tables and chairs we bought at Christmas. I'm just going to chill and let the younger generation do it all and thoughrouly enjoy the day!
And hope all mothers have a wonderful day tomorrow with family! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
[QUOTE="Glenmac, post: 1722137, member: 360032"travelled from bedroom to sitting room..all of three metres......whoohoo!!
Brilliant attitude to a level of adversity which would floor us mere mortals[/QUOTE]
Great you'll be an expert at mastering the leg cast problem in know time. Good Luck! K

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Love your turn of phrase and obviously positive attitude. Afraid I can't support your mob in the Boat Race though
Luckily, neither can I. I'm a Cestrian through and through and only a proxy Oxonian.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Are they not all footballers wives from your native part of the world then?
This isn't a reference I understand. There are a lot of rich Cheshire farmers and some of them I assume are married.

Reactions: DJC3

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ You deserve your 'comfort 'treats after the time you've had.Your Mothers Day sounds wonderful.Our cottage,all single story,is great for wobbly legs(and wheel chairs),but when all of the family is here we need elastic walls!Tiny grandsons grow into 6ft 3 men,all five of them!Just very lucky to have them in our lives.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This isn't a reference I understand. There are a lot of rich Cheshire farmers and some of them I assume are married.
Sorry for any offence or confusion. I thought all the Manc and Liv footballers moved to Cheshire. Isn't it referred to as the Surrey of The North?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sorry for any offence or confusion. I thought all the Manc and Liv footballers moved to Cheshire. Isn't it referred to as the Surrey of The North?
hehehehe!!:hilarious::hilarious:. I can't remember the last time I took offence at anything. Letting negativity in doesn't make me feel very good and certainly my BG would have a field day. You're probably right though about the footballers and their wives.

Reactions: Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hehehehe!!:hilarious::hilarious:. You're probably right though about the footballers and their wives.
Eldest son spent some time at Reaseheath College which looked OK. The trouble with the rest of the country is it has these things called hills. No idea what that is all about.

Reactions: SueJB

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs You should speak to my husband,he'll say "You should see her on a bad day!"We do try to see the funny side of things,it has got us through the worrying times in the past.Life here at the moment is a bit situation comedy....me no voice,from when I had to keep shouting for help on Monday,husband a wee bit deaf,me with sore ribs and wonky leg!!

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

looking like a reasonable day so far although frosty, there is a 'FibreFest' in Dornoch over the weekend and we will probably take mr. gee's mum over there to look at the exhibition of quilts on display in the cathedral, I will try very hard to restrain my appetite - for knitting wool at least ;)

Well done @Goonergal you must be so pleased :)

and bravely done @Glenmac :)

Wishing you all a good weekend.