What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My hba1c has gone from 48 to 58. Not surprised.
My birthday today but on restricted diet for tomorrow's abdominal scan at hospital. (no fatty foods or fried foods for 24hrs) and no milk throughout til scan Monday morning. So black coffees, it is.
So birthday food is plain veg and fat free meat or fish. Only fish I've got in is mackerel so that's a no no. Nuts are a no no and my stir-fry especially, omelettes a no no. Microwaved or boiled food today. Humf.! Boring birthday food today, then!
Happy birthday @ickihun

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My birthday today but on restricted diet for tomorrow's abdominal scan at hospital. (no fatty foods or fried foods for 24hrs) and no milk throughout til scan Monday morning. So black coffees, it is.
So birthday food is plain veg and fat free meat or fish. Only fish I've got in is mackerel so that's a no no. Nuts are a no no and my stir-fry especially, omelettes a no no. Microwaved or boiled food today. Humf.! Boring birthday food today, then!
Happy birthday ickihun xx

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump_ You deserve your 'comfort 'treats after the time you've had.Your Mothers Day sounds wonderful.Our cottage,all single story,is great for wobbly legs(and wheel chairs),but when all of the family is here we need elastic walls!Tiny grandsons grow into 6ft 3 men,all five of them!Just very lucky to have them in our lives.
@Glenmac your cottage sounds like our bungalow elastic walls would be great haha! Granddaughter coming at 11am we picked our eldest son up from Cheshire ( not the rich part) yesterday he's the veg preparer not sure when everyone is coming but it will be interesting when all 10 arrive,but you are so right we are very lucky indeed for our grandchildren love them all.
Ho! Forgot hubby bought the biggest chocolate fudge cake I've ever seen like the ones cafes sell portions of, oh well another questionable BG reading tomorrow then! Haha K

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Glenmac your cottage sounds like our bungalow elastic walls would be great haha! Granddaughter coming at 11am we picked our eldest son up from Cheshire ( not the rich part) yesterday he's the veg preparer not sure when everyone is coming but it will be interesting when all 10 arrive,but you are so right we are very lucky indeed for our grandchildren love them all.
Ho! Forgot hubby bought the biggest chocolate fudge cake I've ever seen like the ones cafes sell portions of, oh well another questionable BG reading tomorrow then! Haha K

I have a little sign in my kitchen which reads 'Grandchildren are your reward for not strangling your children'.
I love it. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 for me this morning - a lovely start to Mother’s day.

Hope all you mums have a wonderful day, I love houses that are full to bursting with family.
Sadly don’t live near enough to see grandchildren, but 2 of my daughters will be here cooking a roast and low carb chocolate olive oil cake for pud. Yum

@ickihun Happy Birthday, even if you can’t have cake today, hope you have something planned as a treat tomorrow after your scan.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Happy Birthday Vicki and a great year to follow xxxx

Reactions: ickihun and ziggy_w

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh What a sad way to celebrate your birthday , But happy birthday anyway ... I hope they find a way to cure What you suffer from very fast

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Happy birthday.

Reactions: ickihun and Freema

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

saw some beautiful and inventive quilting work in Dornoch cathedral at the 'Fibrefest' yesterday and mum bought some wool (I managed to restrain myself for now ;) ),

We have found some lovely double petaled primula plants for mum's garden. Hugs to all lovely mums everywhere :)

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Brithday @ickihun - hope you get to enjoy some non-foodie treats today like watching a good film, have a lovely day.