What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning which is as high as after meals over the last week or so. Twice just lately I have gone to a 1 meal day had excellent readings all day and a meh fbg. Its not an alert high reading but it just spoils my morning - however it is slightly lower than @Goonergal so bearing in mind her HbA1c not all bad! Was 4.8 @ bedtime so hoped for better.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
One stroppy little madam. Fickle might be a better way to describe her lack of self-control.
6.0, well at least she decided on a round number. Onwards and downwards.
Have a magic day and don't let the numbers get you down

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a mad weekend plus work leaves me little time for anything else...a more relaxed day today...quick trip to the anti-coagulation clinic...small amount of paperwork...walking 'phat boy'...then the rest of the day is mine...woke to a 4.9

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

DN appt. this morning for latest 6 month results, I'm expecting a bit of a rise in HbA1c from last time because I'm eating more trying to level my weight off without whacking my bg numbers but I'm hoping for not too much :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 this morning.
Bit glum, wondering if it’s because I wasn’t very active yesterday or because I woke later than usual. .
@DJC3 You have spotted 2 potential causes and suggested a way to deal with the issue. Stick with it and follow Lionel Blue's advice - "Don't take it so heavy dear"

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Down to 7.1 at 8.35 am. Surprising as I did a fancy traditional tea for mum yesterday and succumbed to finger sandwiches, 1/2 scone, jam and cream and a slice of angel cake! . It was instead of my evening meal though. :angelic:
Ickihun: All the best for your scan.
Karen: Enjoy your break.
Happy Monday one and all. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG after Mother's Day and chocolate cake 7.0 could be worse, could be better, off for dressings changed and a visit from my son who couldn't stay yesterday. Will chat later! K