What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.0 this morning.

Edit to add

was 10.7 after dinner and at bedtime last night so this last week have had a Max of 10.7 and a min of 3.9.

The average of those two readings would be 7.4 I think got to get a grip. I know that there are a lot of other readings to take in to consideration but still.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 8.0 at 9.25 this morning. (Later than usual). Had blood test results yesterday over the phone. HbA1c 54. Liver, ALT elevated but stable. Lipids elevated--to be discussed at Diabetic review next week, which means they will want me to resume statins!:arghh: What can I say? Could do better! Have a great weekend one and all. Weather looking OK. :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hehehehe!!:hilarious::hilarious:. I can't remember the last time I took offence at anything. Letting negativity in doesn't make me feel very good and certainly my BG would have a field day. You're probably right though about the footballers and their wives.
David Beckham lived in Cheshire, Alderly Edge? when my son was in Macclesfield.. .....My son had the same window cleaner for his modest semi detached as the Beckhams!!

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone on here had experience of obtaining a car parking blue badge for short term use?Here in Scotland I'm having difficulty,GP was unhelpful,I've got a form from social services to fill in which involves a passport photo and an assessment and will take weeks to process, by which time I may not need it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 for me this morning.

Couldn’t face drinking apple cider vinegar again, will go with @ianpspurs suggestion of putting it in salad dressing, got a big expensive bottle of the stuff to use!

Today I decided to mix things up a bit and have breakfast BEFORE taking the dog out to see if exercising after eating has a better effect on morning bg rise. Dog was a bit confused but didn’t seem to hold a grudge.
Bg 2 hrs after breakfast and walk was 6.8 so only 0.3 rise. Would be nicer if both figures were lower but have been getting mid morning readings well over 7 so I think I’ll stick to this new routine.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.5 for me this morning.

Couldn’t face drinking apple cider vinegar again, will go with @ianpspurs suggestion of putting it in salad dressing, got a big expensive bottle of the stuff to use!

Today I decided to mix things up a bit and have breakfast BEFORE taking the dog out to see if exercising after eating has a better effect on morning bg rise. Dog was a bit confused but didn’t seem to hold a grudge.
Bg 2 hrs after breakfast and walk was 6.8 so only 0.3 rise. Would be nicer if both figures were lower but have been getting mid morning readings well over 7 so I think I’ll stick to this new routine.

Very good strategy. Things will certainly improve from now onwards. Keep going. Dog will love you for it. Doggy is a great motivator to keep moving.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. 8.0 at 9.25 this morning. (Later than usual). Had blood test results yesterday over the phone. HbA1c 54. Liver, ALT elevated but stable. Lipids elevated--to be discussed at Diabetic review next week, which means they will want me to resume statins!:arghh: What can I say? Could do better! Have a great weekend one and all. Weather looking OK. :)

Hang in there dogslife, enjoy your weekend too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
how are you doing dear ? are you feeling better or is it still hitting you hard ????? hope you are getting better soon...?
My hba1c has gone from 48 to 58. Not surprised.
My birthday today but on restricted diet for tomorrow's abdominal scan at hospital. (no fatty foods or fried foods for 24hrs) and no milk throughout til scan Monday morning. So black coffees, it is.
So birthday food is plain veg and fat free meat or fish. Only fish I've got in is mackerel so that's a no no. Nuts are a no no and my stir-fry especially, omelettes a no no. Microwaved or boiled food today. Humf.! Boring birthday food today, then!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My hba1c has gone from 48 to 58. Not surprised.
My birthday today but on restricted diet for tomorrow's abdominal scan at hospital. (no fatty foods or fried foods for 24hrs) and no milk throughout til scan Monday morning. So black coffees, it is.
So birthday food is plain veg and fat free meat or fish. Only fish I've got in is mackerel so that's a no no. Nuts are a no no and my stir-fry especially, omelettes a no no. Microwaved or boiled food today. Humf.! Boring birthday food today, then!

Happy Birthday, lass. You can put off your celebration until later.
A1c has gone up but not to a level that you might have feared and you know at least it wasn't caused by non adherence to your usual good diet. Fingers crossed that the scan will immediately show the cause/s of your increased pain and that treatment follows swiftly. Good luck.