What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow @Bubbsie,can you share the recipe and cooking instructions etc etc on the "Food/recipe" thread? plus a photo of Harry
Once my experiment is completed & proves edible Sue... happy to share a photo & recipe...to be going on with a photo of Harry (beau) to keep you going;)
14681012_1748132382102264_2894700300744664374_o.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...late again...selfishly decided to have the first part of the day quietly sipping my coffee...Churchill (cat) is out...Harry has been dispatched next door...coffee & breakfast done...leisurely shower...now to start painting the living room...have I said I hate painting...am rubbish at it...no?...well I fudging hate it...and I am rubbish at it...but someone has to do it...so watch this space for rising BGs levels & angst...cover your ears at the foul language and don't stand too close...I'm deadly with the roller:banghead::banghead::banghead:

ps. forgot to say woke to a 5.2

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What an amazing dog!! Love him, thanks for sharing
Harry is the biggest attention hound you could have...loves it...thrives on it...steals the cats food regularly...snores & farts like you never heard...but has such a gentle nature...loves everyone...everything...he is a real sweetie...I adore him.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Down to 6.4 this morning at 9.30 am after another painful night and a lie in. "It'a a mystery!" Maybe because I tested later than usual? Off soon to help mum get ready for her luncheon club then to do my voluntary work. Enjoy your day one and all.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Too hard, hit that wall and bounce back. It's just a number
@SueJB Just a number in one sense but the product of all the processes and interventions leading to that number. A sudden switch from days of low to medium 4s to mid or highish 5s tells me I have either messed up on my own processes or I am unwell but putting up a good fight to contain the effects on blood sugar. I don't really do ambivalence/tolerance of missed targets - number wrong = look-for causes = fix asap.
However I really appreciate the kind words and somewhere amongst all the processes is probably plenty of cortisol from stressing about how I got here and how to sort it all out!:nurse:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 at 9am.......no breakfast just tested now at11.30.....7.6 after a cup of tea with a drop of milk.Ill check my BG after lunch.Ive got my lovely son staying for a few days so I've probably chatted too much and it's affected my bs!!:):):banghead:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB Just a number in one sense but the product of all the processes and interventions leading to that number. A sudden switch from days of low to medium 4s to mid or highish 5s tells me I have either messed up on my own processes or I am unwell but putting up a good fight to contain the effects on blood sugar. I don't really do ambivalence/tolerance of missed targets - number wrong = look-for causes = fix asap.
However I really appreciate the kind words and somewhere amongst all the processes is probably plenty of cortisol from stressing about how I got here and how to sort it all out!:nurse:
I agree about ambivalence and I also find it incredibly hard to tolerate ambiguity. Having diabetes often means dealing with both and it just isn't that easy. As you might remember, madam has been doing her tricks leaving me shaking my head in disbelief, shrugging shoulders and saying a few foul words. "What have I done or more not done to deserve this?"
Well, I go to the less than often quoted phrase "One must have chaos within oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star" Nietzsche
So let's get dancing!!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi does anyone know what the Hbalc rang for t2 is please

note that the green area is the non-diabetic area, and that most type 2 actually can reach normal or almost normal levels of HbA1c if they stay under 150 grams of carbs in a day

50shades - Copy.png