What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, it was 5.7 today, happy with that!
I got my 3 month review blood tests back - I now have an HbA1c of 42 - so a nearly non-diabetic number. I'm both chuffed and a little miffed - as my home testing predicted an A1c of 35 - but I'll take it!! Thanks to everyone on this thread who calms me down when my fasting bg doesn't behave, which is often!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I got my 3 month review blood tests back - I now have an HbA1c of 42 - so a nearly non-diabetic number. I'm both chuffed and a little miffed - as my home testing predicted an A1c of 35 - but I'll take it!! Thanks to everyone on this thread who calms me down when my fasting bg doesn't behave, which is often!
Aaaaaah, lovely you and your numbers. Well done, have a lettuce to celebrate. Sincerely, magical.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Great news! You’ve done really well.

My A1c predictive app also suggested a lower figure than the lab result, which was a little disappointing. It was loads better than the previous year’s reading though so I just focussed on the improvement I’d made. By the next test we’ll have smashed it!

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well done xx;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got my 3 month review blood tests back - I now have an HbA1c of 42 - so a nearly non-diabetic number.
Congratulations on all your hard work to get to such a good result.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read a great deal more about peoples comments and results, and as I mentioned in an earlier comment, all very inspiring. Thank you all

welcome here , people in here are really helpful and informative if one asks questions , hope you´ll enjoy being a part of this forum..

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got the results for my first eye scans, and have been given an all clear with a healthy eyes report :)

Also, a busy day today at work, rode, 50 minutes bike ride round trip, a lovely lunch of fried halloumi, on beetroot with a walnut salad, then took dogs for a walk for 40 mins.

Then Vampira called to check how I was doing 100 mins after lunch and walk, most odd I checked results twice first was 4.7, and second was 4.8, Result! No idea why, but happy with it. considering it was 5.4 this morning.

Hope I can keep it up, but I know it will be a bumpy road with ups and downs.

So my my dangling participle and I, will partake in a glass of a particular good single malt this evening.

Hope everyone else has had a good day, will have great evening and a good start to a fun weekend

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got the results for my first eye scans, and have been given an all clear with a healthy eyes report :)

Also, a busy day today at work, rode, 50 minutes bike ride round trip, a lovely lunch of fried halloumi, on beetroot with a walnut salad, then took dogs for a walk for 40 mins.

Then Vampira called to check how I was doing 100 mins after lunch and walk, most odd I checked results twice first was 4.7, and second was 4.8, Result! No idea why, but happy with it. considering it was 5.4 this morning.

So my my dangling participle and I, will partake in a glass of a particular good single malt this evening.

Hope everyone else has had a good day, will have great evening and a good start to a fun weekend

I love the sound of your lunch

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Happy days mick

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Excellent news!