What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Sadly we have to pack and clean the building this morning as we are all heading to our respective homes.
Been another great May bank holiday family weekend and also raised some more money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SueJB (well done going back down to 5’s) very interesting link, thanks. I was trying IF, but my dietician advised waiting until my weight loss stalled, and to use as a tool to kick start. That wasn’t why I was doing it ( my primary goal has been lowering bg, and wonderfully the accompanying weight loss has been an added bonus which also has a by product of lowering bg) really wanna try the HIIT but osteoarthritis in my knee is an issue and so is this exhaustion from menopause. Too self conscious to swim at the moment but I Will prevail. @Goonergal, fantastic pics- what a transformation! Well done.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SueJB (well done going back down to 5’s) very interesting link, thanks. I was trying IF, but my dietician advised waiting until my weight loss stalled, and to use as a tool to kick start. That wasn’t why I was doing it ( my primary goal has been lowering bg, and wonderfully the accompanying weight loss has been an added bonus which also has a by product of lowering bg) really wanna try the HIIT but osteoarthritis in my knee is an issue and so is this exhaustion from menopause. Too self conscious to swim at the moment but I Will prevail. @Goonergal, fantastic pics- what a transformation! Well done.

Ohhh I was 6.5 this morning at 5:00 , only slightly down but down nonetheless.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, Freema I did attend her concert last night and it was the Forever Young concert. She looked really good for her age, although a bit frail. Her voice was unbelievable especially when she sang Hallelujah and La Paloma. Nearly brought the house down with encores over and over again. Her next stop is Edmonton.

Wow wow

Reactions: Cumberland

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special mention for all those having to work on this beautiful day.
A worrying low 5.3 from me this morning.
Has a good day folks, I will if Mrs J let's me, she's not aware but my pals chaos and mayhem are calling in later.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB have you been on your bike yet?
Ive just done my 20mins and am flopped and sweaty in a chair now.
Well done on getting back in the 5s.

@dunelm glad your weekend was so good. Raising money for CF is an extra bonus.[/QUOTE
The bike is still a mystery @DJC3 Have you got any wizzy tips for me?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally managed to get back on here...I have new laptop which just wouldn't let me sign in...changed my password so many times...then realised this morning I had been forgetting to press the 'save changes' button...honestly what a dunce...woke to a 5.7

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Morning all a disappointing 8.0 this morning but I was with my Doctor for check up today and she said I should not be that it's not too bad. My going to 5s is still on course

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another day in paradise here. 4.8 today - snap @ziggy_w . Slept until 8.40 which is almost unheard of so perhaps G and T at night from time to time could work (bit girlie for a man surely?)
@DJC3 good job on the bike, sweat will probably tail off as you get fitter/muscles learn how to deal with new demands. Sadly, you will need to work harder for same returns! @Goonergal amazing transformation, perfect testimony to your hard work and the efficacy of this way of life :woot: @dunelm perfect idea to have a family get together and raise money for charity. @flexi06 It doesn't need to be HIIT to lower BG, just moderate Cardio so even walking will do - (the just move about a bit and eat yer greens plan)
Off to the local Market Town where every Bank Holiday they close main street for a market. Hoping the man who sells French Vanilla Coffee is there as we have used the last lot we bought and nothing else comes close. Toodle pip!

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special mention for all those having to work on this beautiful day.
A worrying low 5.3 from me this morning.
Has a good day folks, I will if Mrs J let's me, she's not aware but my pals chaos and mayhem are calling in later.
Thanks alf only in till 12 been in since 6