What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to do that too, but you do need to wash your hands before taking reading.

Well unless you've touched something sugary I don't see how just lying in a presumably clean bed affects readings. I do loads of finger pricks without washing hands! (And my skin is irritated from washing them so much just for the number of times I do need to clean them before testing - I couldn't imagine washing them any more frequently!)

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Well unless you've touched something sugary I don't see how just lying in a presumably clean bed affects readings. I do loads of finger pricks without washing hands! (And my skin is irritated from washing them so much just for the number of times I do need to clean them before testing - I couldn't imagine washing them any more frequently!)
Bear in mind too that most meters are only accurate to +/- 15%

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

If I maybe indelicate while in bed sleeping you do tend to sweat, sweat contains glucose so can affect readings if not washed off.

Glucose in sweat can also exacerbate eczema in diabetics it would seem. Thats why a low carb diet can help with eczema.

Reactions: flexi06 and Prem51

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No problem I acctually don’t know what type I have I had a double lung transplant and the doctors told me I had diabetes due to the medication I have to take. Though I am insulin dependent.

Aha, despite education and being aware there are quite a few types, I still fell back on the old “either 1 or 2 “ Wow double lung transplant- ok now I am a little wiser.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been off grid for a couple of days helping my son and his wife settle into their new home. BG readings have been very weird I hope due to their eccentric/exotic handwash. Was 5.1 yesterday but since some meals have seen me in 6s I have refused to test today and although I have entered all readings on MySugr I will delete them all and hope my June HbA1C has not been too badly impacted.
This has made me realise how reliant I am on homemade food as there is very little off the shelf I will eat when travelling or staying with other people. Proper wake up call for ever leaving my own home:banghead: Still have a 3/3.5 hr journey home and may unwittingly ended up fasting and stewing in my own juices re seeing numbers in 6s

I love the thought of their eccentric hand wash, it really tickled me

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Aha, despite education and being aware there are quite a few types, I still fell back on the old “either 1 or 2 “ Wow double lung transplant- ok now I am a little wiser.
emoji16.png
Lol don’t worry about it I didn’t even know which type I was until today when @JohnEGreen told me I was acctually type 3E

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning people, did I jeopardise my own little run of 5’s with a magnum last night. I went to bed with a 6.8 and woke up with a6.2 - but also - intermittent abdominal pains yesterday are now proper tummy ache - like a bug.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning people, did I jeopardise my own little run of 5’s with a magnum last night. I went to bed with a 6.8 and woke up with a6.2 - but also - intermittent abdominal pains yesterday are now proper tummy ache - like a bug.

Oh no! That’ll scupper your bank holiday plans - hope it passes and turns out to be nothing.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could weep! I went to bed 6.2 and woke this morning 7.4. Not a happy number, not a happy bunny!
What to do?
Good to see @Goonergal @flexi06 @DJC3 all of you up nice and early and doing splendidly.
Have a good Sunday all

Don’t lose heart @SueJB today is another day, you’ll get back in control soon. Just carry on doing what you have been doing so splendidly. Could you be coming down with something? Are you stressed? So many things seem to be involved. Sending hugs accross the ether