What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
We're hanging in there by the skin of our teeth!! Madam woke with 5.9 so I wouldn't say we're happy but we're not in the dumps. Numbers are such funny things. We still have 4 envy but if we can stay in 5s we'll be content. Well done everyone who is happy with their number @DJC3 @flexi06 @Goonergal and the list could go on.................................................
Now, sunshine please I want to go swimming.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.8 today so a bit of normality. Don't know what the house sitter did with the dogs but 20 feet plus of 3 types of spoils to clean up this morning before operation steam and sanitise. @DJC3 Good numbers, seems Cornwall might be good for you. @Goonergal bg numbers seem to be in good nick and @flexi06 smashing it out the park consistently.
Very noisy here today, loads of bearded guys building arks and rounding up animals.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
No problem I acctually don’t know what type I have I had a double lung transplant and the doctors told me I had diabetes due to the medication I have to take. Though I am insulin dependent.

I have had a liver transplant and on insulin like you. I have been classified as type 2.
If my fasting numbers were as low as yours I would be back in hospital, at the moment I am trying to work out how much the anti rejection drugs raise my blood sugars. Also I have been told I have treat the diabetes as a secondary condition concentrating on my liver.
In my experience patients like us expose the lack of knowledge of diabetic nurses, GP's and junior doctors doing the rounds in the hospital departments including the diabetic department. Best Wishes.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all ticklers of the ivories, may you always play the right notes in the right places.
After a Chinese takeaway and ice-cream a lucky 8.6 for me. Yep a treat, a rare treat.
Have a good day folks mine is planned garden garden and garden please somebody rescue me. Mrs J has scared orf my mates chaos and mayhem.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If your diabetes is drug induced then you are type 3E like me by the way prednisolone actually directly interferes with the livers sensitivity to insulin so insulin produced by your pancreas does not modify the amount of blood sugar being given out by the liver even in the presence of large amounts of insulin in your system so driving up blood sugar and insulin resistance.

This applies to injected insulin also. but as the effect of the preds can fluctuate you can suddenly have the livers sensitivity restored for short periods and a consequent lowering of blood sugar causing the odd hypo.

So even T1s or insulin dependent T2s need to be aware of this. If they take prednisolone.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I have had a liver transplant and on insulin like you. I have been classified as type 2.
If my fasting numbers were as low as yours I would be back in hospital, at the moment I am trying to work out how much the anti rejection drugs raise my blood sugars. Also I have been told I have treat the diabetes as a secondary condition concentrating on my liver.
In my experience patients like us expose the lack of knowledge of diabetic nurses, GP's and junior doctors doing the rounds in the hospital departments including the diabetic department. Best Wishes.
I’ve beem told my fasting blood sugars are good though apparently if I’m say 4.3 during the night that’s low.have a nice bank holiday from ziggy (not my real name of course XD)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
If your diabetes is drug induced then you are type 3E like me by the way prednisolone actually directly interferes with the livers sensitivity to insulin so insulin produced by your pancreas does not modify the amount of blood sugar being given out by the liver even in the presence of large amounts of insulin in your system so driving up blood sugar and insulin resistance.

This applies to injected insulin also. but as the effect of the preds can fluctuate you can suddenly have the livers sensitivity restored for short periods and a consequent lowering of blood sugar causing the odd hypo.

So even T1s or insulin dependent T2s need to be aware of this. If they take prednisolone.
Yes I do take prednisone only 5mg though I also take Tacrolimous and MMF (aka cellcept) I have never heard of diabetes type 3E but I’m glad I know what it is now. Have a nice bank holiday. Ziggy

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@alf_Josiah I am full of admiration for your sense of humour as you reveal more of your back story. I also like the spread of aims and numbers from members on here. The range between your aims and @rab5 just above this post is very thought provoking. If you look carefully there is something for everyone to learn and reflect on from this thread and others on here. Your point about the medical profession seems very on point. They seem to give standard advice to fit the general population just to be safe hence not many of us have individualised targets.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@alf_Josiah I am full of admiration for your sense of humour as you reveal more of your back story. I also like the spread of aims and numbers from members on here. The range between your aims and @rab5 just above this post is very thought provoking. If you look carefully there is something for everyone to learn and reflect on from this thread and others on here. Your point about the medical profession seems very on point. They seem to give standard advice to fit the general population just to be safe hence not many of us have individualised targets.

Many thanks. Have a good weekend.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Many thanks for this information. I am certain that many more people are on blood sugar affecting medication. Have a good weekend.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all:)

4.3 today

No rain but very overcast here so it's not too warm at the moment, pondering going to mum's to rake up after our strimming spree the other day and to take the wee dog for a walk. Hope the weekend is going well for you all :)