What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Glorious sunny day which helps compensate a little for my 5.2 fbg. I did sleep well so maybe the higher numbers generally will begin their descent when some kind of normality resumes. The last 6 months I have frequented this forum much more and my expectations for control have increased hugely which on the face of it is no bad thing. Yesterday my average for the day was 5.36 and I am not satisfied whereas a year ago I would probably have been fine with that. Engaging with all you good people who have this condition better managed than me is certainly a double edged sword.:banghead:
Edit: I am now starting to sneeze which may explain several things - my bg goes awry when sub optimal conditions prevail (have I remembered management speak properly?)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening ladies and gentlemen and all who are under management orders for today.
Same as yesterday for me today 8.6 which I am happy with given the magnificent fish pie / bake Mrs J cooked yesterday evening ( for those who wonder high in carbs and fats ) .
Have a good day folks, warning my pals chaos and mayhem are out and about, Mrs J has banished them from here for the weekend.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning again.
If I pretend I didn't get up this morning at 5o'clock with madam having a 7.4 hissy fit and have just got up now, then madam's 5.7 would be acceptable. I did actually go back to bed and slept but I don't suppose that counts, or does it?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @SueJB and @DJC3 Very glad to have been out early and caught some sun as it’s now clouding over. Was planning a long walk, will have to see as once committed there aren’t too many places to run for cover.

@ianpspurs sorry to hear you’re not getting where you want to be as quickly as you’d like (at least I think that’s what you’re saying). You give such good advice to others in the same situation so I’m sure you’ll get there.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting 4.9 this morning.
Interesting because it was my birthday yesterday so cake and other treats were consumed with gay abandon.

Wonder if it was the scotch sampling with my son last night?

Have a great day if you can.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs sorry to hear you’re not getting where you want to be as quickly as you’d like (at least I think that’s what you’re saying). You give such good advice to others in the same situation so I’m sure you’ll get there.
@Goonergal Thanks for the good wishes. I am probably 90%+ where I want to be atm so good in one respect, thanks. Following the vogue programme of keto, OMAD, fasting has worked for weight and bg management. I guess I want to use a low carb C21st version of The Good Life to optimise blessings I have been given. It's almost as if there was a plan for me and my dx was the nudge I needed - the grit to make the Pearl. To that extent I am annoyed that I am so dim witted that I can't just be a good little boy and do it properly:banghead:
@dunelm belated happy birthday wishes but it sounds as though you had the situation under full control - are you available to manage Brexit or failing that our impending World Cup fiasco? (pick any 1 of 3 sports between June 2018 and Sept 2019)

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
An interesting 4.9 this morning.
Interesting because it was my birthday yesterday so cake and other treats were consumed with gay abandon.

Wonder if it was the scotch sampling with my son last night?

Have a great day if you can.

Happy Birthday Scotch drinker 4.9 after cake ????

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could weep! I went to bed 6.2 and woke this morning 7.4. Not a happy number, not a happy bunny!
What to do?
Good to see @Goonergal @flexi06 @DJC3 all of you up nice and early and doing splendidly.
Have a good Sunday all
ahh SueJB we are kindred spirits today. tomorrow is another chance for us. no Magnum for me today and i will cross fingers for improved numbers for us both xx

Reactions: Prem51