What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

warm again here although we're promised rain tonight and thunderstorms and heavy rain tomorrow, just in time for the big village gala day.

Off out to the charity shop shortly, have a good day everyone, stay cool and safe :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

warm again here although we're promised rain tonight and thunderstorms and heavy rain tomorrow, just in time for the big village gala day.

Off out to the charity shop shortly, have a good day everyone, stay cool and safe :)
Crossing fingers for your village gala @geefull that would be such a shame after so much good weather - maybe it will rain overnight instead we need the rain but lots of weekend events all over UK

Reactions: millenium

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just did my very first fasting blood glucose test - 6.1 this morning. Today is my first full day of tracking (got the meter last yesterday afternoon, did both before & after dinner. I'm also keeping a food diary.)

Welcome @Chronicle_Cat, thats a good start. Both habits will serve you well.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.3 today.

Next door’s cat has been popping in to see us in the evenings recently, we must have accidentally locked up with her still inside last night. This morning the newspaper on the doormat was wet and shredded - bless her!!!!
IMG_5292.jpg

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well well well, what a difference a day makes.... yesterday scorchio- today wild squally winds, driving rain and dramatically grey sky from our sea view room on Brighton sea front - the dramatic weather matches my dramatic bg 6.8 due to stopping all bp meds, and feeling very bloated, and a few extra carbs yesterday.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Kicking off the weekend with a 6.6.
No rhyme or reason as my dinner was a protein-fest at the cricket. I went to the hog roast stall and asked for pork without the roll because I can’t eat bread. Bless her, she gave me a tray full with a double portion. Now I don’t need double portions of anything but at stadium prices I wasn’t saying no. A great result for my dinner, a great result for Yorkshire and a great night out.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kicking off the weekend with a 6.6.
No rhyme or reason as my dinner was a protein-fest at the cricket. I went to the hog roast stall and asked for pork without the roll because I can’t eat bread. Bless her, she gave me a tray full with a double portion. Now I don’t need double portions of anything but at stadium prices I wasn’t saying no. A great result for my dinner, a great result for Yorkshire and a great night out.

I find too much protein raises my FBG the next day so could be that.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning, Just got home from work, not eaten all night until 3:30am when temptation got the better of me and I popped out to the garage to buy a large breakfast roll. I have just tested myself and 3.6mmol did second test as I thought result was wrong but second result was 3.7mmol. I don't understand how I can be so low. Normally my fasting result is around 4.5mmol.