What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just did my very first fasting blood glucose test - 6.1 this morning. Today is my first full day of tracking (got the meter last yesterday afternoon, did both before & after dinner. I'm also keeping a food diary.)
Hello and welcome. Off to a good start I would say. All the best.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.3 today.

Next door’s cat has been popping in to see us in the evenings recently, we must have accidentally locked up with her still inside last night. This morning the newspaper on the doormat was wet and shredded - bless her!!!!View attachment 27795

Oh these sweet little creatures

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.2 for me today - if I end up there in December (with no Metformin) for next lab test I will be half way to a goal. I think today's fbg is too high to do that so not comfortable. I know many people would be happy with that number and lots can't afford to be even that low so hear me out. We need to be able to be honest about what drives us and I have stored away a definition of remission that has 2 consecutive non medicated hba1c levels at 5.2 which has always been my target. Finally shared.
@DJC3 great number - pic is nice but cats are on the same list as coconut and cup cakes for me. @Goonergal good to see you back on form.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone very surprising results from the barbecue last night pre dinner BG was 7.6 I ate two hotdogs and a burger without the bun (I know I’m weird :)) two hours later BG was 5.7 I checked half an hour later and I was 5.3 it was about an hour before bed for me and I didn’t want to hypo during the night so I had a slice of chocolate cake my mum had made after that BG was 8.0 then I checked one last time before bed and BG was 4.7 I didn’t have anything to eat or drink because at this point I was too tired to care and I thought if worst comes to worst I have gluco juice beside my bed. Anyway today’s BG is 4.8

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 at 9:30 have a terrible headache maybe because the weather is changing now .. I have become somewhat aphatic from these very high temperatures 30 degrees celcius in our sitting room yesterday , have skipped exercise for the last week ... even when having been drinking enough water it feels like an hangover actually , how are you all dealing with the heat ?

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
BOOF! - the sun is gone, - BBQ last night with the hope of seeing the blood moon., the sky filled with clouds here about 9, just in time to block the view. Hey ho , worse things happen at sea. This morning I found myself waking at gone 8, over the last few weeks its been 6 or earlier and my sugar levels are 5.7. Wishing you all a good day

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those who live norf of the Watford gap and have 3 right feet, strange population norf of Watford.......

A 5.6 today

Today if Mrs J doesn't kill me, she's breathing fire in my direction, must have been something I did and said, might be enjoyable.
Have a good one folks running on pedal powered internetty

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 4.3 today.

Next door’s cat has been popping in to see us in the evenings recently, we must have accidentally locked up with her still inside last night. This morning the newspaper on the doormat was wet and shredded - bless her!!!!View attachment 27795
Ahh she tried her best not to make a mess...sweet:)...I expect she'll be back

Reactions: Freema

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning all 5.2 for me today - if I end up there in December (with no Metformin) for next lab test I will be half way to a goal. I think today's fbg is too high to do that so not comfortable. I know many people would be happy with that number and lots can't afford to be even that low so hear me out. We need to be able to be honest about what drives us and I have stored away a definition of remission that has 2 consecutive non medicated hba1c levels at 5.2 which has always been my target. Finally shared.
@DJC3 great number - pic is nice but cats are on the same list as coconut and cup cakes for me. @Goonergal good to see you back on form.
Hi, I too think its important to have personal goals. Would you care to share how your mindset was reached? ie is there any science in it or is it a personal thing? Best thoughts in all events..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I too think its important to have personal goals. Would you care to share how your mindset was reached? ie is there any science in it or is it a personal thing? Best thoughts in all events..
@OrsonKartt Someone provided a link to the/an NHS website which had that definition but I can't find it now. It came from a poster on these boards in another thread. The target stuck with me as a good aim and remains my personal definition of well controlled. Maybe someone will provide the link but for now I can't. I enjoy reading your posts BTW.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
I find too much protein raises my FBG the next day so could be that.
I was doubting your judgment after you voted to keep the old goldfish picture but you’ve just redeemed yourself ;-)
Not sure my breakfast of chorizo omelette is going to help - salad for lunch it is.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@OrsonKartt Someone provided a link to the/an NHS website which had that definition but I can't find it now. It came from a poster on these boards in another thread. The target stuck with me as a good aim and remains my personal definition of well controlled. Maybe someone will provide the link but for now I can't. I enjoy reading your posts BTW.
Hopefully more on this later. I say this as I respect the science..... Re posting ....Its a great facility we have here on this thread to share thoughts and experiences.....

Reactions: ianpspurs