What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
@OrsonKartt This is not the link but here is one article to mull over - definition way too slack for my liking
https://www.nhs.uk/news/diabetes/mo...ble-argues-report/#what-is-diabetes-remission
I will continue to search - it will bug me now.:banghead:

Here's another definition
https://www.bmj.com/content/358/bmj.j4030/rr-0 But as an all time favourite of mine goes, I still haven't found what I'm looking for

Yea I know what you mean. I read a paper a year or 2 ago saying that real damage starts getting done with any spikes above 7.2. And that hba1c i.e. Average levels can mask these spikes. I try to keep my levels at all times under 7.
..........As long as I continue to test I am able to do this. ( I can modify my diet / activity / rest )

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yea I know what you mean. I read a paper a year or 2 ago saying that real damage starts getting done with any spikes above 7.2. And that hba1c i.e. Average levels can mask these spikes. I try to keep my levels at all times under 7.
..........As long as I continue to test I am able to do this. ( I can modify my diet / activity / rest )
And that is why I test regularly at 1 hour and then 2 hours the other day I was at 11.8 at 2 hours after eating but had neglected to test at 1 hour so have no idea what the actual peak was I like to know how high I go and keep it as low as possible.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 today. Had a productive day working on an up and coming event, here are the details out of interest:
Hello @Debandez, I wonder if you would consider posting less in BOLD? Maybe I am over-sensitive, but seeing lots of text in bold feels very violent to me, a bit like a text all in CAPS, but worse. When I see it, I don't stop to read the post as it makes me feel uncomfortable. I just pass hastily on to something else. So a strategy aimed, I suppose, to draw attention actually has the opposite effect. Please don't take offence, this is meant as positive criticism, and also I'd like to be able to read what you post, it sounds interesting!

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each from a windy and sullen Fenland - have I woken in October? Fbg also dreary at 5.6 but this week's sleep hrs average well over an hour more than those for at least the last month and resting pulse rate climbed 1 - looks vertiginous on fitbit graph:arghh: Probably means mischief in the machine pushing bg into places I don't want but aren't dangerous.
Second granddaughter may be here today or tomorrow as 2 weeks overdue and mum has been ordered into hospital today. @OrsonKartt interesting snippet re your dealings with NHS over diabetes. I read about Newcastle diet whilst in my GP surgery years ago and used the ideas myself 3 years ago.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning all, I'm bleary eyed so far today.... I'm expecting a friend who has cycled more than 125 miles through the night from London so will be in good company. Still warm here in Britains most Easterly town but theres rain in the air . Despite a very short sleep my sugars are 5.4. ...enjoy your day if you possibly can....

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I’ve saved this as I’m currently trying to reverse my type 2. I’ve gone lchf and I’m doing really well I’m actually looking forward to my next hba1c
It is a really good starting point and congratulations for taking control! Best thoughts to you...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, I'm bleary eyed so far today.... I'm expecting a friend who has cycled more than 125 miles through the night from London so will be in good company. Still warm here in Britains most Easterly town but theres rain in the air . Despite a very short sleep my sugars are 5.4. ...enjoy your day if you possibly can....
Was your friend's cycling a one off or do they cycle that kind of distance regularly? Conjures visions of Britain in the inter war era - the days of The Long Weekend (Graves version). Good result fbg wise from a short sleep. Are there any trawlers left near you and the distinctive smell from the boats?

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

a nice brisk breeze this morning after rain during the night :) the air is getting fresher ;)

italian meatballs topped with lashing of cheese and baked (pasta for mum, mix of cauli and pasta for mr gee and cauli for me) with homemade ice cream for afters today.

Hope your day is going well :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
When I was crew on Sea Otter a RAF launch, Great Yarmouth, not that far from you, was a regular port of call for us as we spent a lot of time chugging around on the North Sea