What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...in London yesterday...met up with many old friends at an old friends funeral ...no hugs needed it truly was a celebration of her life...some tears but mostly lots & lots of laughing...the priest thought our rendition of Amazing Grace was lack lustre...however he felt we redeemed ourselves splendidly on the Luther Vandross number ...Never Too Much (particularly on the chorus)...at the reception we ate rice & peas/chicken with fried dumplings...when I say we...yes that included me...I relished every mouthful...and woke to a surprising 6.1

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
Bg a bit higher today - like many on here this morning - it was 5.4. I was blaming the Bit of Apple I tried yesterday but maybe it’s just one of those things! Didn’t seem much of an increase at the time but it wasn’t sweet - out of local community orchard - and I did eat with a big bit of cheese!
@Canvaspic re ketone testing highest readings are usually mid afternoon so a good time to check whilst you’re adjusting. Presume you have a ketone blood testing meter? I now just do about once a month or three weeks and do in am as checking on my base line but I’ve been doing keto for 11 months now. Good luck.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Regularly around here these days. Gone are the 4s. I'm thinking the culprit is the 2 pieces of choc I have for supper. I savour every morcil but not sure I should be having it, or having it so late. Or is it that I don't have gallons of water now that I've lost the weight I needed to lose. Will do a little experiment this next few days.

Have a good day what ever you do folks.
I think it’s harder to keep it lower when you are eating more and more often so that you don’t lose any more weight. I tend mainly to restrict my eating in a window ie eat same quantities but restrict your time of eating. So for example when it’s practical I stop eating by 7pm and then don’t have anything until a late breakfast only black weak tea and water to keep me hydrated. I suspect it could be choc and I’d have it as a treat instead in my eating window time. Just an idea deb we are all different and it’s about working out what works for you or not!

ding79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 days at 7.8. First day followed a chocolate binge! No explanation for this morning. Got a long walk planned for tomorrow as doing the Shine night marathon walk in a week's time, hopefully that will knock some sense into my BG. Has second DN meeting yesterday - foot check, so took pity on her and drove to surgery instead of walking and had collision driving back! Still, feet were fine.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it’s harder to keep it lower when you are eating more and more often so that you don’t lose any more weight. I tend mainly to restrict my eating in a window ie eat same quantities but restrict your time of eating. So for example when it’s practical I stop eating by 7pm and then don’t have anything until a late breakfast only black weak tea and water to keep me hydrated. I suspect it could be choc and I’d have it as a treat instead in my eating window time. Just an idea deb we are all different and it’s about working out what works for you or not!
Thanks for this :) I am eating more now. And walking much less too. I'm on it like a car bonnet. Will report back!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
Bg a bit higher today - like many on here this morning - it was 5.4. I was blaming the Bit of Apple I tried yesterday but maybe it’s just one of those things! Didn’t seem much of an increase at the time but it wasn’t sweet - out of local community orchard - and I did eat with a big bit of cheese!
@Canvaspic re ketone testing highest readings are usually mid afternoon so a good time to check whilst you’re adjusting. Presume you have a ketone blood testing meter? I now just do about once a month or three weeks and do in am as checking on my base line but I’ve been doing keto for 11 months now. Good luck.

Hi @shelley262, I have the Abbot freestyle something ketone meter and some strips. Did a test 2 days ago and got 0.2. So probably still outside the zone. I got breathalyzer also ( which was on special in aldi ) , that can be used in rough way to test if you are in ketosis, but there is a bit of skill in getting any sensible reading from the device. I think ketones can be more variable than BG anyhow. But it will be interesting to see what it shows.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @shelley262, I have the Abbot freestyle something ketone meter and some strips. Did a test 2 days ago and got 0.2. So probably still outside the zone. I got breathalyzer also ( which was on special in aldi ) , that can be used in rough way to test if you are in ketosis, but there is a bit of skill in getting any sensible reading from the device. I think ketones can be more variable than BG anyhow. But it will be interesting to see what it shows.
Good luck

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning...in London yesterday...met up with many old friends at an old friends funeral ...no hugs needed it truly was a celebration of her life...some tears but mostly lots & lots of laughing...the priest thought our rendition of Amazing Grace was lack lustre...however he felt we redeemed ourselves splendidly on the Luther Vandross number ...Never Too Much (particularly on the chorus)...at the reception we ate rice & peas/chicken with fried dumplings...when I say we...yes that included me...I relished every mouthful...and woke to a surprising 6.1
. Love the style

Reactions: HarryBeau