What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Up to 8.3 at 7.35am. Missed my evening Gliclazide yesterday. ( Accidentally dropped it on a grubby floor whilst attempting to take it in Lyme Street Station, Liverpool after an afternoon watching the Giant puppets and walking for miles!) A lovely, sunny day spent amidst thousands of people enjoying the family occasion. :happy:I think today will be spent resting my sore muscles/ back:arghh: and looking at the photos we took! LOL Enjoy your Sunday everyone.:)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 at 0800. The excitement of yesterdays 5 now a distant memory. I did have my first ever flu jab yesterday in Boots no queue very civilised. The real culprit I suspect is I used a jar of sauce to coat my chicken pieces last night. It did taste sweet but nice. Ah well sometimes a shortcut dinner is called for and all is not lost.
@trick60 stay cosy and well hydrated today.
Everyone else have a happy Sunday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 at 0800. The excitement of yesterdays 5 now a distant memory. I did have my first ever flu jab yesterday in Boots no queue very civilised. The real culprit I suspect is I used a jar of sauce to coat my chicken pieces last night. It did taste sweet but nice. Ah well sometimes a shortcut dinner is called for and all is not lost.
Don't discount the impact of the flu jab on fbg. Impacts my bg for a couple of days most years. Sauce? only for Geese surely.:angelic:

Reactions: Cumberland

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sunny Sunday
But I'm not at all amused by Madam's contribution to the start of the morning 7.7!!!
Off for a walk later to the local pub which is holding an Oktoberfest. How am I supposed to cope with beer and bratwurst?

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 at 7.45 am. Bedtime reading was 5.2 at 10.10 pm. A day's fasting yesterday followed by a good kip.

Sort of day I love - cold and crisp but with the sun out, so heading out for a walk soon and maybe go and see some steam engines.

Have a great day everybody.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May be an idea for me to go into a pharmacy turned up at walk-in clinic yesterday at medical centre and door locked with notice that they are out of supplies! They are doing another clinic next Saturday but May prefer to get it sorted earlier if I cam
Hope it settles again soon

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Hiya All,
I was very stupid last night after my friend left. :mad:The whole day i had really good control but i tucked into the stuffed peppers and brown rice again, took no additional insulin. This morning i had 10.1 but everything is good now.:happy:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 my surgery are only giving appointments for designated days, next one in November! My OH drove me to the little Boots branch in the next village to collect my repeat prescription and we both had ours done on the spot. I would suggest not going to a busy branch though.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 add: we had to fill out some forms but nothing onerous. They said they would inform our surgery so a very satisfactory experience.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good day all :)

4.9 today

Don't think eating and going to bed later suits me.
If the rain holds off I'll get a walk with mum's dog later, I haven't been doing enough walking lately.
Hope your weekend is treating you kindly everyone :)