What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure was a good Fulham v Arsenal day. And sure you weren’t referring to Guardiola.

Abandoned Kew in the end. Felt like some exercise and although would do a lot of walking, photo taking would have made it very stop start.

Instead joined the Regents Canal at the point @Debandez and I left it on Friday and walked several miles along that.

An Arsenal win and walking on water!! Sounds like a good day.

Reactions: millenium

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 Sunday morning. I slept better last night, until cat woke me wanting breakfast. I was just glad she was feeling well enough to be hungry! I feel better too, now I get to enjoy a rest-day instead of suffering through one.
Now I am enjoying a second cup of coffee while she is enjoying a second breakfast.

What kind of steam engines, David? My father loved steam locomotives, and one Sunday morning I got up early to film one coming through the town near my parents' house for him while they were at church. About this time of year, too; it was an Autumn Leaf excursion train that took tourists up into the mountains for the day. He and I had been to see it on Saturday but I didn't get a good video that day so went back on Sunday. Good memory. :)

There's a preserved line (the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway) about ten minutes' walk from where I live. Timed it well today as I saw one on my walk and then went to drop some books off at their museum.

Hope you had a nice restful day?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree. I was brought up in the Anglican Church (Church of England) and Thanksgiving services are often referred to as "Harvest Thanksgiving" and the bounty of the harvest is emphasized at the services. I(Like the American Episcopal church many of the hymns sung here are also in the Church of England's hymnal.)

In Miss Read's novels the schoolchildren help to decorate the church for the Harvest Thanksgiving service each year. They are in charge of bringing bundles of corn (wheat?) and also marrows. Sometimes they have grown the marrows themselves.

I once grew some barley unintentionally in my flowerbed and as it came up this city girl really got to see "first the blade and then the ear, then the full corn shall appear ... " Cool. :)

The Canadian Department of Agriculture was very helpful with that for me!

Reactions: millenium

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not really been updating the site, not even sure why as I’ve been testing. Anyway I’ve had the dreaded letter.. you all know the one starting with a title ..annual review.. I’ve got the blood tests for all my ailment testing on 24 October. I know I’ve improved significantly but now I’m starting to go through the what ifs. All my tests this year have been positive so why am I now worrying?

A disappointing 8.5 this morning but that Chinese takeaway was fab

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's a preserved line (the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway) about ten minutes' walk from where I live. Timed it well today as I saw one on my walk and then went to drop some books off at their museum.

Hope you had a nice restful day?

Yes, thank you. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. If I make it through the day without falling asleep at my desk it will be a miracle. Very restless night - woke up sweating, woke up cold, lay awake, dozed off, woke up (repeat). Hope I’m not next in line for the lurgy. All in all FBG of 5.1 is not too bad.

@david1968 are you a Gooner too? There seem to be quite a few of us on here (don’t tell @ianpspurs )

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, another bad weekend for me, attended a lovely wedding got sozzled and embarrassed the kids with some dad dancing and spent sunday with a sore head. Didn't have the cahones to take any bloods yesterday as I knew they would be sky high, 6.8 this morning, going to be a good boy this week.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, everyone where it's morning! I'm just heading to bed. Worried about my cat again. I know I need to get some sleep, but ... :(

Reactions: HarryBeau

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning and up early for my first apppintment with DN which she tells me means I’m in for a morning of foot checks, blood pressure, discussing the oh so helpful ‘eat a balanced diet with whole meal bread’ leaflet I was given and then the joyous flu jab - although hoping that when she hears my wonderfully annoying barking cough and lack of voice she might swerve that and leave it for another day