What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The meter felt the urge to be spiteful this morning with 5.7 - To take ’t again perforce— Monster ingratitude!
At that level all my distrust (and thinly disguised dislike) of this WOE bubbles to the surface. The kind of day it is a very good job that I am usually very isolated from other people.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.9 today. The morning looks promising, dry and bright, not too cold. Home gymnasium for me today.
@ianpspurs, I sympathize. I often curse the BG meter in the morn, especially as its the best reading of the day. Especially if it doesnt tally with the work I have put in. But I am not going to curse a 5 and I am sensitive to others who have to deal with higher numbers. I wish there was an easier way.
Yet to get my flu jab, may go next week.
Hope people with the flu are on the mend. Hope your BG is better that you expect/deserve. Have a great day.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone 5.1 today but trying to aim for the 5.5s still feeling bad about the super noodle incident yesterday I even dreamt I ate a load of sweets and went into the 30s I tend to blame myself when I have a high blood sugar but thankfully my sugars came back to semi normal so I could enjoy my meal out :) today I’m hoping to get to B&Ms I see they have some lovely cheap pjs anyway have a good day everyone

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who struggle with life's mysteries, solving the problems of black holes is easy, understanding the vagaries of diabetes now got me beaten AGAIN.

A strange 7.1 for me this morning.

Today me and all me's are going are going out on my bike on secret route no 1, with a koffy stop planned or maybe 3.
Have a good one folks, Mrs J said I can as long as I get out from under her feet.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - it’s not too tempting it’s grey and I’m about to go to dentists for two very old fillings to be replaced they aren’t giving me any trouble but dentists says they need doing oh well !
4.9 bg happy with that especially as dentist trip looming...
@ziggy_w hope return to work goes okay
@Goonergal hope you feel better and stay awake at work
Everyone hope day goes well for you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A disappointing 7.0 at 0800. Maybe it is affected by flu jab on Saturday but I must say I feel fine, no sore arm either (except knee discomfort still but inflammation gone). Who knows! Am hoping to be able to drive to Kent today to help my friend with her latest chemo for which I am several days late.
Have a good day everyone, stay well stay safe

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a dammed good sleep last night which I needed...I spent much of yesterday doing sweet FA...then later had a huge housework fest including floors and all...came downstairs this morning...hardly recognised the place...woke to a 5.4

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The meter felt the urge to be spiteful this morning with 5.7 - To take ’t again perforce— Monster ingratitude!
At that level all my distrust (and thinly disguised dislike) of this WOE bubbles to the surface. The kind of day it is a very good job that I am usually very isolated from other people.
My madam was even more malicious 5.8

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well no amount of coughing stopped the DN’s determination to flu jab my arm so anybody’s guess what it may or may not do to my Bg readings. She did also try to take blood to send off for a HBA1C test - when I candidly asked if 3 weeks since my last one was really long enough to see a difference she was a)not amused and b)a little embarrassed. Good job one of us had our coffee this morning!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mant to add:
@ianpspurs sorry about your number today. I would be happy with it but that is not the point. We all have our individual acceptable levels. Hope tomorrow is better. After a bad start its tempting to eat very little that day but that isnt helpful in so many ways.
@Goonergal hope you get through the day and dont get ill. Nothing worse than a bad nights sleep specially when you have a busy job to go to.
@shelley262 good luck at the dentist. Loving your yellow jacket.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My madam was even more malicious 5.8
At least these insouciant creatures show neither fear nor favour. Peasants such as myself and genteel ladies such as yourself are equally insulted. Doesn't alter the number but shows the inclusive side of this condition.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
At least these insouciant creatures show neither fear nor favour. Peasants such as myself and genteel ladies such as yourself are equally insulted. Doesn't alter the number but shows the inclusive side of this condition.
Well said

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mant to add:
@ianpspurs sorry about your number today. I would be happy with it but that is not the point. We all have our individual acceptable levels. Hope tomorrow is better. After a bad start its tempting to eat very little that day but that isnt helpful in so many ways.
@PenguinMum (and earlier @Canvaspic) I accept that the number would please other members. What it suggests is a system error which leaves me wondering as to which damage limitation strategy to use. Hope the journey to Kent is not an issue for the knee and huge respect for being such a good friend.

n1ck

Morning all.

6.4 for me this morning.

As i'm new to the forum part of the website please excuse me if my question lie's in a thread somewhere else.

In the couple of days i've been posting here i've come to notice a few people posting morning readings that are quite low but no mention of hypo feelings.

So, that leads me to the question...at what point do you start to get the 'hypo' feelings? For me, without fail, it is always as i get to 4.5. In fact only yesterday i was noticing the 'feelings' i usually get and without fail my reading was 4.4. I've been Type 1 for 14 years now and i have always been sensitive to low levels. I know at some point in the future this could change. Has your sensitivity changed the longer you've had diabetes?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Nick