What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Morning All. Ahem..4.9 at 0800. Tested again 4.6, get out of here! I really dont know whats going on. Yesterday evening at 6pm I was 6.0 when I would usually be high 4s. I always test before I prep supper so I know what food would suit me. Anyway feeling pretty fed up I had a couple of glasses of wine. At 8pm we all had roasted cod with fresh pesto and tenderstem brocolli (sauteed potatoes for the boys). I had a small portion. No afters. Before eating I was 5.3 2 hours later 5.1. Sorry to bore you all but I need to see this fairytale in writing.
Have a good Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe and hypo free.
Perhaps this is closer to how "we" are meant to eat. Whenever I watch cookery programs I notice that chefy chefs tend to focus on the protein i.e. Dover sole with lemon and maybe some asparagus, afters tend to be indulgent but small.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
This is my chosen menu-
Starter halloumi chips - halloumi cutinto chip shapes, dipped in egg and then coated in a ground almond flour mixed with chilli, garlic, pepper etc to taste put in fridge and then fried when ready to sit down in a bit of ghee at high temp served with salad
Oh my goodness, those halloumi chips sound just wonderful. May well find myself trying some of those as well!

Thanks for posting.

P

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie love the use of Plumpy
Ian this is Plumpy's official Christmas photo...one of his happier poses...you can see what I'm up against!
Harry Christmas 2 (2).JPG

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.3 today

not too bad outside, finishing sewing up a jersey I've just finished and I've still got one to sew up that I knitted during the summer, I'm really lazy at getting that job started, don't like doing it at all :( and I've promised myself I'll get them done. Might treat myself to a walk first.

Suzie, mum's little dog, had her haircut yesterday and she looks like a different dog. Hopefully it will mean being less mud caked when out walking :) (she does love muddy puddles). Here she is before - before it got out of hand that is ;)

View attachment 29595

Hope your day is going well :)
She's gorgeous geeful...I'm about to start knitting the hats & scarves for the kids...the good thing is I could praciticaaly do them in my sleep...I'm mot sure I have the patience for making sweaters any longer.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.0 this morning. Not great, but the busy day I have ahead will sort that out. @Bubbsie I will be making a start on my Christmas shopping too. Nice and sunny here at the moment, off out in a while. Hope everyone has a good day.
I just had to get mine out of the way Providence...I love Christmas however loathe Christmas shopping...all done & dusted now...just mince meat to make...then the mince pies & triple chocolate cakes to bake... then I can relax

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps this is closer to how "we" are meant to eat. Whenever I watch cookery programs I notice that chefy chefs tend to focus on the protein i.e. Dover sole with lemon and maybe some asparagus, afters tend to be indulgent but small.
Yes I know what you mean. I have noticed the trend in upmarket restaurants is to serve the fish with a small veg garnish almost and no sides whatsoever. That style however depends on amazing flavour and isnt sustainable in real life IMO. PS. I dont frequent these places except this year I was 60 and treated to a few fabulous outings by family and friends!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This made me laugh a lot. Hope all goes well today, I’m sure it will though if today’s fbg is anything to go by.

Glad it made you smile. My fbs have been up a little of late and rarely in the 4s these days but I think I know the culprit. Peanuts. I love my nuts! I'm going nuts about nuts though now! Anyway I'm doing little experiments now that my hba1c behind me for 6 months. @shelley262 is guiding me to a happier nutty place:) sounds like heaven as chocolate is involved!! Results for bloods Monday/Tuesday :) then I want to update my story and do a bit of PR :)

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

not too bad outside, finishing sewing up a jersey I've just finished and I've still got one to sew up that I knitted during the summer, I'm really lazy at getting that job started, don't like doing it at all :( and I've promised myself I'll get them done. Might treat myself to a walk first.

Suzie, mum's little dog, had her haircut yesterday and she looks like a different dog. Hopefully it will mean being less mud caked when out walking :) (she does love muddy puddles). Here she is before - before it got out of hand that is ;)

View attachment 29595

Hope your day is going well :)
What a cutie.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy your Indian tonight my fave is a celebration with family but close friends also very enjoyable too. These are friends from when our chaps were little I met one on the labour ward ! This is my chosen menu-
Starter halloumi chips - halloumi cutinto chip shapes, dipped in egg and then coated in a ground almond flour mixed with chilli, garlic, pepper etc to taste put in fridge and then fried when ready to sit down in a bit of ghee at high temp served with salad
Main beef - marinated in red wine last night - cooked in stock and wine in my instant pot at teatime and then kept warm served with roasted veggies - squash, celery and celeriac,- cauliflower cheese and roast pots cooked from frozen in hot goose fat ( prepared and frozen parboiled a few days ago hopefully to reduce carbs for in case experiment!)
Pudding low carb raspberry clafoutis served with cream or Greek yoghurt followed by cheese board for anyone still hungry!!
Bet I’ve made everyone hungry now!! Anyway lots of prep to do!
What time do you want me :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian this is Plumpy's official Christmas photo...one of his happier poses...you can see what I'm up against!
View attachment 29599
Looks a handsome enough chap. We have 2 dogs. Folks always want to stroke the red setter (I don't care for her that much - bone of contention in this house) the lab is coming to the end of his days I fear. Neither dog was my idea and I argued long and hard against but am left to look after them:bigtears::bigtears:

Reactions: Ziggy2017

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 even this cold sunny Saturday morning.

I am enjoying looking at and reading about the dogs here this morning. What color is your Lab, @ianpspurs ?
Very light brown - sandy? I am hopeless with colours. (I have no idea what colour my own eyes are and really don't care to be honest)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Adapted it from my aunt who was the first to refer to her granddog in my experience. I don't consider myself my cat's mama but I have a number of nephorses. :)

Reactions: DJC3