What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The predicted early start. If past performance could be trusted the 4.8 is about right but then same strips and body gave very odd readings over a week or so. Almost impossible to know what is really going on. Just thankful I don't use insulin and need to calculate dosage. Hope you all have a good day- I'm off to a 6th birthday party where all 4 grandchildren will meet for the first time.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning :)

6.7 today pretty happy

My daughters 18th birthday party tonight so I am going to have to order a truck load of pizzas, no chance of me eating pizza as nothing else on planet earth messes up my bg more but will have to smell it :eek: I wonder what effect licking the inside of the box once rhe pizza has gone would have? Lol

Have a great Saturday guys :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning :)

6.7 today pretty happy

My daughters 18th birthday party tonight so I am going to have to order a truck load of pizzas, no chance of me eating pizza as nothing else on planet earth messes up my bg more but will have to smell it :eek: I wonder what effect licking the inside of the box once rhe pizza has gone would have? Lol

Have a great Saturday guys :)
Good to see your reading is one that makes you happy. Hope the birthday girl has a great time and you avoid pizza temptation. Not a food I like much so no big issue last night when 2 giant ones arrived. Sourdough bread is much more of a temptation.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The predicted early start. If past performance could be trusted the 4.8 is about right but then same strips and body gave very odd readings over a week or so. Almost impossible to know what is really going on. Just thankful I don't use insulin and need to calculate dosage. Hope you all have a good day- I'm off to a 6th birthday party where all 4 grandchildren will meet for the first time.
Have a lovely time ian ive got my grandsons for the day today x

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Drat! Forgot to take my meter upstairs with me last night....which meant I had to go fetch it from the kitchen this morning. That was enough to jump start the liver into action and give me a 6.5.
Not a disaster but was hoping for a hat trick of 5s.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...gave into temptation last night...hot buttered crumpets & a Cadburys Freddo bar...just had to have them...woke to a 6.2...oops.
Winner for that score after those tempting delicious treats! I do miss crumpets.
5.0 for me this morning.
Working today so mainly stuck at my PC although determined to make some time for a walk too
Happy weekend all