What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can y'all help me identify a song? I only heard a brief clip. The singer is a woman and these are the lyrics I heard:

Never up never down, never
Like a theme in a song, clever (?)
feelin' high feelin' low at the same time
I get up, I always do
I never think, I always do
But if I fall I will get up again ...

I Googled those lyrics and searched them on YouTube and found nothing. So I thought I would ask here. :)

BTW, 6.1 BG tonight, which for me is pretty good about 2 hours after a supper of meatballs with cheese and cole slaw, followed by a Breyer's Carb Smart chocolate ice cream bar.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.4 emerged from the bizarre Advent Calendar Window my meter has morphed into. Made a very odd noise as well, sounded like "my reading or no reading."
White rabbits everyone
You made me laugh this morning @ianpspurs I've never had an advent calendar until you made my meter morph. So 5 or 6 times a day I'll be looking more fondly at my advent calendar.:hilarious: White rabbits

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone and happy advent.
I thought I’d get into the spirit of things
sorry it’s not a jumper @DJC3
December greets me with a 6.2

Hahaha it’s better than a jumper, brilliant!
Do you know when I first woke up my very first thought was to look on here and see what your surprise was? Beats an advent calendar.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning - I think 8 hours of being a Xmas elf last night was good for the body! And incredibly good for the soul feeling like we’ve made a tiny difference to a few families lives. Happy December everyone :)

Attachments

• 4C294623-A080-4176-A063-3F3613A4AD39.jpeg
    4C294623-A080-4176-A063-3F3613A4AD39.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 154

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning - I think 8 hours of being a Xmas elf last night was good for the body! And incredibly good for the soul feeling like we’ve made a tiny difference to a few families lives. Happy December everyone :)
Excellent fbg number and even more excellent thought and action with the boxes. Plenty of us have worthy thoughts but you and your friend (s?) delivered on yours - proper spirit of Christmas IMHO (kinda the word made flesh):):):)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent fbg number and even more excellent thought and action with the boxes. Plenty of us have worthy thoughts but you and your friend (s?) delivered on yours - proper spirit of Christmas IMHO (kinda the word made flesh):):):)
4 of us in total for the making but wouldn’t be possible without the incredible donations of so many kind people. One of the few times of year my faith in humanity is restored and the world doesn’t seem as doom and gloom as it is often reported to be

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy 1st of December all
5.1 bg this morning
@Emma_369 wonderful bg and a good reward for your Xmas elf work - well done you’ve really joined the Christmas spirit.
I’m working today - hopefully it’s the last day of this project but it’s christmas market @nd lights switch on in the small town where I live so hope to get down there later it’s usually a great atmosphere oh and there’s my Hotel Chocolat advent calendar waiting too! It’s 1.5g carb of choc should fit in to my keto way of eating!