What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept in till 9am and had a NO DEAL 7.3. Was up at 6.30 to a nature call should have tested then but return to the cosiness of slumber was too alluring.
To cheer me up I have a White Company Advent calender courtesy of my lovely friend in Kent. I have never had an Advent calender before and what a first one!
Wet, windy horrible here. Have a good day everyone stay well, safe and if possible hypo free. Happy Advent.
@Emma_369 well done on your endeavours such a heart warming true spirit of Christmas. @shelley262 have a good time at Christmas market.
Winner for advent calendar feel envy love white company stuff but pricey so that’s special

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner is for the sentiments for other members not the reading which was clearly an error - go back and demand a backstop/no backstop/extra unicorn eggs/bg - - - :angelic:
Thanks @ianpspurs you are always generous and encouraging and make me smile.
Last night instead of my usual G&slimlineT I indulged in more than half bottle of Cinsault Rose which is dry (I know red wine ok but not always suitable) and a couple of handfuls of walnuts. I am going to have to pull up my socks as 6 month HbA1c mid month.

Reactions: Cumberland

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

had a quiet evening yesterday during which a couple of glasses of red wine may have been consumed ;):angelic:
since yesterday was my birthday. St Andrew's day yesterday too so perhaps I was destined to end up living in Scotland :)

At least the biting wind has calmed down today so perhaps a walk later after we get the shopping done.

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs you are always generous and encouraging and make me smile.
Last night instead of my usual G&slimlineT I indulged in more than half bottle of Cinsault Rose which is dry (I know red wine ok but not always suitable) and a couple of handfuls of walnuts. I am going to have to pull up my socks as 6 month HbA1c mid month.
As long as no one ever tells Julie or the boys that I am generous and encouraging it will be cushty/peng :angelic:

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late testing today
6.1 so may have been different a little earlier but I'm good with this :)

1st of December already! Feeling a little festive actually. Tree up. Most presies bought but not wrapped. We don't send cards these days, we give to charity. So almost there now.

Thought you might like this so sharing. It brought a smile and a tear to my eyes, at the same time. Have a nice weekend everyone.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2122294351134479&id=100000618032811

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

had a quiet evening yesterday during which a couple of glasses of red wine may have been consumed ;):angelic:
since yesterday was my birthday. St Andrew's day yesterday too so perhaps I was destined to end up living in Scotland :)

At least the biting wind has calmed down today so perhaps a walk later after we get the shopping done.

Happy belated birthday sounds like you had a quiet but enjoyable one with a couple of glasses of red certainly didnt harm your fasting blood glucose which, Im sure is the envy of all diet controlled type 2s on here!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

Happy belated birthday, @geefull.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

Belated happy birthday and would you mind sharing the information about the wine you enjoyed (we all want fbg of 4.3 please) - only for goodness sake no-one tell @DJC3 (she only drinks by the Methuselah - proper job apparently:angelic:) I just hope those poor little girls keep that tree straight;)

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

Happy belated birthday to you.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy 1st of December all
5.1 bg this morning
@Emma_369 wonderful bg and a good reward for your Xmas elf work - well done you’ve really joined the Christmas spirit.
I’m working today - hopefully it’s the last day of this project but it’s christmas market @nd lights switch on in the small town where I live so hope to get down there later it’s usually a great atmosphere oh and there’s my Hotel Chocolat advent calendar waiting too! It’s 1.5g carb of choc should fit in to my keto way of eating!
I love the hotel chocolate advent calendar idea. So low carb too! Enjoy x

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the hotel chocolate advent calendar idea. So low carb too! Enjoy x
I carefully worked out carb content of each chocolate and the lowest carb is the supermilk 65% even lower than the 100% interestingly. Works out at 1.489 grams of carb per chocolate

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Belated happy birthday and would you mind sharing the information about the wine you enjoyed (we all want fbg of 4.3 please) - only for goodness sake no-one tell @DJC3 (she only drinks by the Methuselah - proper job apparently:angelic:) I just hope those poor little girls keep that tree straight;)
I agree on the wine recommendation needed too!

Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can y'all help me identify a song? I only heard a brief clip. The singer is a woman and these are the lyrics I heard:

Never up never down, never
Like a theme in a song, clever (?)
feelin' high feelin' low at the same time
I get up, I always do
I never think, I always do
But if I fall I will get up again ...

I Googled those lyrics and searched them on YouTube and found nothing. So I thought I would ask here. :)

BTW, 6.1 BG tonight, which for me is pretty good about 2 hours after a supper of meatballs with cheese and cole slaw, followed by a Breyer's Carb Smart chocolate ice cream bar.

This might help

https://www.peterbe.com/plog/blogitem-040601-1

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't think I will ever lose my taste for very sweet at times. Absolutely love Monbazillac at the right time - do have enough to see me out I think. The only way I deal with 100% chocolate etc is to concentrate on the fat and fibre level. Huge parts of this WOE are 180 degrees from my preferences but so is seeing this progress so I will gladly live with that. Other family members have totally changed eating and lifestyle to accommodate conditions - they had 2 decades of life with no problems. Those who didn't change ......

The proof of the pudding.....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="ianpspurs, post: 1932939, member: 193971"- only for goodness sake no-one tell @DJC3 (she only drinks by the Methuselah - proper job apparently:angelic:) [/QUOTE]

Haha I wish!

Reactions: geefull and ziggy_w