What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Felicitations chums..
I’ve got a query . I’ve just started sone new meds and I’ve read the contra indications. Baring in mind I reached the dreaded 50 milestone am I now classed as elderly? Be kind please
No Definitely not elderly Goacher...we're in our prime;)

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...I slept in until 08:30...can't remember when I last had such a good sleep...pouring down here...but it's December the Christmas tree is up we're looking festive..plus.this coffee tastes good...woke to a 5.6

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.0 this morning. Very pleased with that. Not so pleased with the weather here, throwing it down with rain and my poor cat is stuck out under a bush in the garden and doesn't want to come out in case he gets even wetter. Hope everyone is having a good day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy 1st of December all
5.1 bg this morning
@Emma_369 wonderful bg and a good reward for your Xmas elf work - well done you’ve really joined the Christmas spirit.
I’m working today - hopefully it’s the last day of this project but it’s christmas market @nd lights switch on in the small town where I live so hope to get down there later it’s usually a great atmosphere oh and there’s my Hotel Chocolat advent calendar waiting too! It’s 1.5g carb of choc should fit in to my keto way of eating!

Ooh post a picture of your first choc - if it’s not too late. ( grandchildren stayed over last night and woke up before dawn as they were so excited to have a chocolate in the morning!)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello all. Was out last night and wasn't motivated to exercise after getting home. Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.

@Cumberland -- Great that the surgery went well and that you are happy with the outcome.

Have a great weekend all.

Thanks Ziggy

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh post a picture of your first choc - if it’s not too late. ( grandchildren stayed over last night and woke up before dawn as they were so excited to have a chocolate in the morning!)
Will take one later when open it for the food thread! I’m planning on having as a treat either mid am or after lunch. I’m not good with sweet stuff first thing thankfully so it’s something to look forward to. How lovely to see the grandchildren’s excitement -enjoy your time with them.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept in till 9am and had a NO DEAL 7.3. Was up at 6.30 to a nature call should have tested then but return to the cosiness of slumber was too alluring.
To cheer me up I have a White Company Advent calender courtesy of my lovely friend in Kent. I have never had an Advent calender before and what a first one!
Wet, windy horrible here. Have a good day everyone stay well, safe and if possible hypo free. Happy Advent.
@Emma_369 well done on your endeavours such a heart warming true spirit of Christmas. @shelley262 have a good time at Christmas market.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some mornings I probably feel like you might after consuming said bottle. I used to enjoy champagne - especially at Wimbledon - but now prefer Asti and Prosecco

Really? Gosh I actually find brut champagne a bit sweet now, Which is sad as I loved it. I couldn’t cope with the sweetness of Asti or Prosecco.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept in till 9am and had a NO DEAL 7.3. Was up at 6.30 to a nature call should have tested then but return to the cosiness of slumber was too alluring.
To cheer me up I have a White Company Advent calender courtesy of my lovely friend in Kent. I have never had an Advent calender before and what a first one!
Wet, windy horrible here. Have a good day everyone stay well, safe and if possible hypo free. Happy Advent.
@Emma_369 well done on your endeavours such a heart warming true spirit of Christmas. @shelley262 have a good time at Christmas market.
Winner is for the sentiments for other members not the reading which was clearly an error - go back and demand a backstop/no backstop/extra unicorn eggs/bg - - - :angelic:

Reactions: Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really? Gosh I actually find brut champagne a bit sweet now, Which is sad as I loved it. I couldn’t cope with the sweetness of Asti or Prosecco.
Don't think I will ever lose my taste for very sweet at times. Absolutely love Monbazillac at the right time - do have enough to see me out I think. The only way I deal with 100% chocolate etc is to concentrate on the fat and fibre level. Huge parts of this WOE are 180 degrees from my preferences but so is seeing this progress so I will gladly live with that. Other family members have totally changed eating and lifestyle to accommodate conditions - they had 2 decades of life with no problems. Those who didn't change ......

Last edited: