What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and merry Xmas to everyone here.

@SueJB -- The marzipan kartoffeln sound delicious. Can you share the recipe?
@DJC3 -- Great fasting blood sugars. Congrats. Way to start the holidays.

Blood sugars for me this morning were 4.7.

Enjoy the celebrations tonight, all.

At least I’ve got one decent reading before it all goes pear shaped I fear!
Great fbg yourself.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.2 for me this morning after my first test said "Error 4" which the manual said was due to high sugar levels. :confused: Just a few last minute things to do ready for tomorrow. Have to have plan A and plan B ready depending on whether we can get mum to come to our house for Christmas meals or to transport everything to mum's flat. We won't know until tomorrow due to the effect of mum's Alzheimers. I will enjoy setting my Christmas table anyway. It's something I have always enjoyed and will look amazing whether we use it or not. :happy:Have a wonderful Christmas everyone whatever you are planning.:)

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Christmas Eve!

Woke up to a nice 5.9. Yesterday's readings included a 14.7 and a 3.9. Friday surgery and getting strep throat wreak havoc on the ol' numbers!
Hug for the strep throat - hope it clears soon!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morening all, have a great one, whatever your one is.
Will be absent till 32nd Dec when abnormal service will be resumed.
Ps I don't care what my bloods were ( 6.5 ) so why should you hehehehe
Back on 32nd
I am wondering if you are Father Christmas! Have fun whatever you do.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Christmas Eve!

Woke up to a nice 5.9. Yesterday's readings included a 14.7 and a 3.9. Friday surgery and getting strep throat wreak havoc on the ol' numbers!
Hope your throat improves real soon and you can swallow some nice seasonal drinks.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 7.2 for me this morning after my first test said "Error 4" which the manual said was due to high sugar levels. :confused: Just a few last minute things to do ready for tomorrow. Have to have plan A and plan B ready depending on whether we can get mum to come to our house for Christmas meals or to transport every things to mum's flat. We won't know until tomorrow due to the effect of mum's Alzheimers. I will enjoy setting my Christmas table anyway. It's something I have always enjoyed and will look amazing whether we use it or not. :happy:Have a wonderful Christmas everyone whatever you are planning.:)
Wishing you all the best with your mum...have been there never easy but all you can do is go with the flow and I hope you get to sit at your Christmas table! Hugs.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

managed to buy my chicken yesterday thankfully, so I have no intention of shopping today :) nope, nope, nope ;)

tidying and pottering today with a walk later and hopefully a quiet day, hope your day treats you well :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Brilliant. Especially as i made homemade mousaka last night for tea and ate it around 8pm!!! Using a jar of dolmio white sauce and a tin of chopped tomatoes. It didn't spike me last night nor has it reflected on my FBS. It was just delicious. That's the 3rd time I've made it and no as adverse effect on my BS.

Happy Christmas Eve to you all. Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1545638977583.jpg
    FB_IMG_1545638977583.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 132

Frannon18

Hi I don't normally branch out for help because I've been told all my life I'm a burden but if I don't get help with my mental health and my type 1 diabetes I'm going to die horrifically. I'm only 28 and already I have a lot of nerve damage. I believe if my father didn't pass away when I was 13 this probably wouldn't be an issue now but that's not how it went. I put a gofundme page up but no one's giving anything to it which is soul destroying, ask for help on here but I keep on having social anxiety and I don't know how to get up replies or cos I'm so I'm bad at technology lol. If anyone knows of a way I can get help for anything I'd appreciate it or if you guys have a look at my YouTube video the title is a FUTURE WITHOUT NERVE DAMAGE. I really don't want to go blind or lose my legs I really thought I'd be dead by now if I'm honest. But I don't want to die anymore I want a life with the diabetes doesn't rule everything. I've put off having a family because I don't want my child to be paying the price for my mess up. But it's not fair I want children, I don't want to feel Baron when I'm not. I've been rejected all my life and I hope I don't get rejected here. The nhs doesn't care I keep trying and will keep trying but what else can I do. Thanks and merry Christmas.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

That is a lovely quote, @Debandez . And so true.

I woke to another full moon shining in -- that's the third full moon three mornings in a row! Beautiful, and this morning I got out my binoculars to look for some stars. I miss being able to see Orion and Rigel here in the city.

A room-for-improvement 6.1 this early morning. I may try to fit in a little piano playing later today since this keeps running through my head:

This guy plays better than I do but I still enjoy playing!

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I don't normally branch out for help because I've been told all my life I'm a burden but if I don't get help with my mental health and my type 1 diabetes I'm going to die horrifically.

Frannon, I read your post and I watched yourYoutube video. Before I comment can I just say that I am on the spectrum (Asperger's) and have social communication issues. So I might come across as uncaring or stern, that is not the case because if I didn't care I simply wouldn't respond.

I can see you are hurting by watching your video, but here's the thing I took away from it as your message.

"I want to buy a house and travel the world", that is probably why you are not getting any responses. Your dilema is being drowned by that sentence.

Yes you need help, I can't think why the NHS are ignoring you but you have to contact your local MP. You mentioned going to the QA in Portsmouth so I found the MPs for that area

https://democracy.portsmouth.gov.uk/mgMemberIndexMP.aspx?bcr=1

Next, if your have ADHD I'm going to guess you may be on the spectrum too. Citizens Advice is your friend, they can help you in many ways.

I am T2, and still new to it all, so have no real understanding of your personal diabetic situation. I do know that I lost my grand-daughter (20) last month, she was T1, and I won't walk past someone like yourself who is in obvious pain.

Others, more skilled than I am may help far more, but please, contact your MP and CAB and give them all your information.

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for the strep throat - hope it clears soon!
Thank you! It seems I contracted it in the hospital when I was having my eye operation on Friday. Kind of perfect timing considering I'm already on antibiotics for the surgery. :)

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Frannon, I read your post and I watched yourYoutube video. Before I comment can I just say that I am on the spectrum (Asperger's) and have social communication issues. So I might come across as uncaring or stern, that is not the case because if I didn't care I simply wouldn't respond.

Hi @frannon

i think in addition to @HarrisonK excellent advice, i would say open up a new thread for yourself.
Outlining the issues.

Many on here will, as @HarrisonK , proves have way more awareness of other issues, and advice will hopefully be more forthcoming ranging from a much wider target audience.

In this thread you will only get response from those who are active in here..and there are
a few 'What was your FBg today' type threads..and i'm only on this one.

The person/s who might help you most won't even see this message.

I offer only prayers that you get the help you need.
And the advice from @HarrisonK , seems an eminently good place to start from.

Best wishes, my friend.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"...Come in seal team,...ANY seal team please respond ....."

"Seal team 6 responding, roger....."

"Seal team 6..whats your status..over "

"...routine patrol..base..."
"...started taking enemy fire."
"...patrol now taking cover "
" ..Liver contact unexpectedly heavy "
".... incoming fire,..New kid, P'anKreas, hit..but he's stable "
"......sit-rep is .6,1."

" Target 5.0 Nowhere in site..."
"withdrawing to the couch to regroup..."

"Ok, seal team 6...
"Well done, getting the men to cover..."
"Now deep breath... and calm down son..."
" this was just a skirmish to find out our weak points"
"get the lads a bite to eat.."
"Then debrief my office in 02;00 hours..Over"

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Wishing you all the best with your mum...have been there never easy but all you can do is go with the flow and I hope you get to sit at your Christmas table! Hugs.
Aw. Thank you PenguinMum. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, second test this morning, after a long winter's nap, and I'm taking this score. 5.6.

Cat in lap and coffee mug about to be in hand since on the end table its proximity to the radio is causing static and in 3 minutes I want to be listening to the Carols From King's, my Christmas Eve tradition for at least 30 years.

I also need radio clarity before the service starts to send a message to @jjraak that his team's target 5 is happily settled on my sofa and I will send it over as soon as it wakes up.