1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas DJC...thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HarryBeau

Sounds like the perfect Christmas morning trick.:)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. rhubarb73

rhubarb73 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My Christmas present this morning is a 5.6. Yay!!

Merry Christmas to you all. Hope everyone has a lovely safe peaceful day.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 5
  4. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Merry Christmas everyone. @HarrisonK great post and such a worthwhile project to be involved with. @trick60 have a great time with grandchildren and I remember getting bikes out of lofts (in other people's houses) and assembling them until the small hours - would swap that for now in a heartbeat. Seasonally frosty here and Santa finally lost the plot - left at least 4 nets of avocados in my gym:angelic: Just to show what a rum cove i am. it will take a lot this Christmas to beat the pleasure I had seeing the mist snake along the fields and ditches whilst walking the dogs just before dark last evening.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #38264 ianpspurs, Dec 25, 2018 at 7:24 AM
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  5. HarryBeau

Morning...did some celebrating last night & have woken feeling reasonably seasonal...gearing up for the first visitors then looking forward to a Christmas morning walk with Harry once we've cleaned up the debris hope the recycling bin holds out:nailbiting:...woke to an okay 5.9

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. James1968

James1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning
    Merry Christmas everyone
    10.9 at 07:50

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

Good morning all and Happy Christmas hope you all have a very special day.

My numbers this morning 5.3.

I hope you don't mind but for me a short prayer on this day of all days does not seem out of order or out of place.

"Thank You, Father, for spiritual leaders and faith-filled friends who keep encouraging us when we are close to giving up.

And although we have many reasons to rejoice today, Lord, we also know December 25th can be not-so-merry for a whole host of reasons. We pray for those who are experiencing loss this Christmas: relational, financial, spiritual and physical.

We pray for those who are coping with loving a prodigal and our friends and family members whose hearts are far from You. We pray for those dealing with unemployment and addictions and chronic sickness ... and unending pain and frustrations of all kinds. Thank You, Lord, that You are The Wonderful Counselor and Prince of Peace, even in the midst of our not-so-merry circumstances.

Finally, Lord, we ask You to grant us peace. Peace in our homes, peace in our churches, and peace in our hearts, when the world all around us spins out-of-control. Help us to stay focused on You, this Christmastime and always. Thank You for loving the whole world enough to send the greatest gift, Your Son, so that we might truly have a very merry Christmas. In Jesus' name, Amen."

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ianpspurs

The walk should be amazing - Beds is just over the border - wonderfully still and clear with that lovely frosty smell here. All I can hear are birds and crunch sound of grass as I walk. @JohnEGreen loving the prayer. As our vicar said in her homily last night/this morning, take Christ out of Christmas and all you are left with is M and S (other shops are available)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas everyone, 4.8 for me , enjoy the day x

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning and Merry Christmas to all :happy:

4.4 today

the weather is a bit grey but who cares !

last nights frost has mostly gone, coffee and a shower next then an early short walk may be the order of the day before breakfast, mum and her little dog are coming here for dinner so there will probably be much walking with joyful dog frolicking on the beach later ;)

Hope your day treats you well and will be a joyous and safe one :)

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Happy Christmas to one and all - wishing you all a wonderful day.
    4.6 today lc baileys late night seems to lower my fbg - must be the cream
    Enjoy whatever you are all planning today - some amazing acts of kindness and thoughtfulness out there with a special shout to our own kind member @HarrisonK - as well as all those Santa’s out there who have helped the real Santa get the gifts delivered - including our own goldfish Santa @rhubarb73 (loving your new clothes!)

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas All. Some great posts this morning....loving pic of Harry and waiting for one of Banger the Beautiful when he’s done with the wrapping paper.
    Lovely frosty morning in West Sussex, perfect Christmas Day weather. My FBG was 6.7 at 0800 but I made tons of smoked salmon on seeded bread yesterday and had more than my fair share...the daft thing is I dont even like smoked salmon! @HarrisonK hope your day gives you as much as you are giving. When you get back enjoy a treat yourself.
    To everyone and their hounds, cats, crazy aunts or whoever you spend the day with have loads of fun. Hope those a bit unwell perk up and enjoy the day. I have heard a snuggly blanket, a Christmas movie and a glass of something is just the thing.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

A festive 5.6 from me this wonderful Christmas morning
    Wishing you all a very Happy day, with thanks to everyone on here as you’ve all helped me retain my sanity over the year.

@rhubarb73 I love your disguise.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ziggy2017

Ziggy2017 Type 3 · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone and a very merry Christmas to all who celebrate I went to a lovely mass last night today’s blood sugar was 4.5 :) not sure how well my blood sugar is going to be after a lovely turkey dinner have a nice day everyone

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 7
  15. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I feel Q might be able to help us! I will contact Miss Moneypenny after I've spoken with James over breakfast.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ianpspurs

You were going so well and would have had a winner rating until that aberration. Despite that, Merry Christmas.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Emma_369

Emma_369 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! Had the most magical morning seeing our princess open her presents. Now for a family packed day - 14 of us round my moms for Xmas dinner :)
    4.1 greeted me and as an added Xmas bonus the scales confirmed I’ve officially lost 4 stone. I’d hoped for that by Xmas so am over the moon. Now to gain a few pound with as much turkey and pigs in blankets that I can fit on a plate! Have a wonderful day x

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful Christmas Day everyone.:joyful::singing::happy::)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SaladDaze

SaladDaze Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.8 / 87 this morning. Merry Christmas one and all. Here in Spain it's traditional to have a special meal late on Christmas Eve, 'Noche Buena'. So it's one of those special meals where I put discipline in the back seat. So it's nice to see no change from yesterday morning's BS level. Just fitted an FS Libre yesterday for the first time since September so I could see the spike wasn't too bad last night either (partly kept in check by the couple of glasses of Rioja probably).

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SaladDaze

SaladDaze Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Great achievement. Well done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook