What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BG nice and low this morning but this afternoon BP is probably really up as I've just entered a long post defending myself against chastisement by, of all people, a moderator.

All I can say is, having assumptions made about oneself sucks. I'm still angry, and I'm going to take a break from DCUK for awhile. I have enjoyed reading and posting here, and it really hurts to be misjudged and publicly chastised.

please stay here most gets a bit hurt once in a while , because we don´t meet in real life and understand each other in the way that we over emphasize what people really mean to say... most in here really mean to be kind, so many leave just because of one or two misunderstandings and that is too bad

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
EDIT..@SaskiaKC ..

i've so enjoyed your posts, you missing would be such a shame.

I got hauled in very early doors, by them.

I'm pretty brash, not much offends me, and i give as good as i get banter wise.
But what i personally didn't consider a BAD word, 'they' ..and by 'they' i mean the MODERATORS thought others MIGHT
be offended , and as they rightly pointed out, we are an eclectic mix of sexes, nationalities, ages, religions, viewpoints.

I went away and reflected that while i would still use the word, i would moderate what i say, in deference to others who MAY feel offended...and that works for me, because it keeps me in terrific company of people.. such as yourself.

While i don't know the nature of the incident, i doubt, from what i have seen of you , that any intent to offend or hurt would EVER be what you meant.

And on the mods side..(i've done modding, it really is a thankless task, honestly thankless..)
they really are damned if they do..and damned if they don't.

Don't be a stranger.;)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, blank it, I'm not gonna let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. And we are a good bunch here, and I love reading people's posts and also posting myself.

please stay here most gets a bit hurt once in a while , because we don´t meet in real life and understand each other in the way that we over emphasize what people really mean to say... most in here really mean to be kind, so many leave just because of one or two misunderstandings and that is too bad

Thank you, @Freema (hug). I just read your post, after I posted my second post. I did take a break to cool down and do the dishes, and decided to come back here and say, oh, blank it, I like it here. You posted in the meantime, while I was up to my elbows in dishwater.

Thanks. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Couldn't agree more, @Freema .

Reactions: geefull and Freema

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, @jjraak .

It was on another thread, about clothing donations, and something I posted about the stigma that can be attached to "shopping" for donated clothes was completely misinterpreted (and judged). I know about the stigma because I have been one of the people benefiting from donated clothes, and from food pantries, and the judgement really hit a sore spot.

I went back and deleted my post in this thread but a copy is there should anyone want to read it, and I'm glad. I just took a break, and stopped thinking about the whole issue, and decided I'm not going to let one critic spoil the camaraderie and good advice I enjoy on this BB.

Cheers.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1544813327256.jpg

lucas12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at 04:50 that's low for me as it's ussualy 6.4.
Started taking Casein (slow relised protein)before bed for muscle building purposes. It appiers that it lowers bs overnight as there is some insulin constant in blood I guess. Not sure if that's a good thing though2

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.6 at 04:50 that's low for me as it's ussualy 6.4.
Started taking Casein (slow relised protein)before bed for muscle building purposes. It appiers that it lowers bs overnight as there is some insulin constant in blood I guess. Not sure if that's a good thing though2
Discuss it with your consultant

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a slow day food wise, just picking at cheeses, onion/toms..nothing too much.

But scared myself when testing before dinner...13 5 :woot::woot::woot:

until i realised i'd prepped the food and not washed before testing...:hilarious::hilarious:

Anyway, food was good.

the down side of T2D, is i lost the pasta's/breads/rice i used to enjoy,
but i've embraced this new world of food..(and admittedly i have to WIKI most of what i am eating at the moment..;))
But tonight was MEANT to be Butternut squash spaghetti..(ended up more like mash...but i still liked it)
sainsburys Meatballs in a loyd grossman tom/chilli sauce//(6.9g carbs per 100g)
laid it out on a bed of lettuce, done some onion.tomato type salsa..same for missus but she had salmon fillet.

Lovely...scored a well done from missus...early night tonight..;)..( No chance..:D )

But bloods were good after..so a win regardless...another keeper on the dinner front.:happy:
( got plenty leftovers so will try bubble N squeak the squash..see how that goes.)

off to bed with a pleasing 6.3
Goodnight all.